ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visas: Evidence of WhatsApp chat to PDF

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visas: Evidence of WhatsApp chat to PDF

Post by ReVerie » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:12 pm
Priority service is not guaranteed and is usually not decided in less than 30 days.
But this is not what i read here: https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement it should take around 5 days? also when i called home office they agreed that it should take 5 days?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:05 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:32 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:12 pm
Priority service is not guaranteed and is usually not decided in less than 30 days.
But this is not what i read here: https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement it should take around 5 days? also when i called home office they agreed that it should take 5 days?
That particular page is for applications within the UK, as it clearly states.
You may be able to pay for a faster decision on a visa or settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) application if you’re applying in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Ah i see, but i found this another link : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... -uk#faster

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:55 am

Assuming you used TLScontact in Rabat, their website describing available value-added services states the 5-day priority service is for non-settlement visas while priority for settlement visas is a decision within 30 days. As mentioned already priority service is not guaranteed.

https://pos.tlscontact.com/rba_en/added-value-services
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

First I want to update that my wife got her visa and she’s already here in UK now. It took about 2 weeks from the biometrics appointment. I didn’t get any email to Inform me that her application was successful, We were just asked to collect our passports.

The second mission I have now is to sponsor my wife’s mother and brother to come to UK for the wedding here. Can someone please advise how much money they need to show in their account and any other financial requirements I need to be aware of ? Her brother is now 24yrs old.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Can you please ask your visitor visa questions in the general Immigration sub forum. Such questions are irrelevant to this topic or the spouse visa sub forum

general-uk-immigration-forum/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:22 am

Hi all,

I called HO/UKVISA here in UK to confirm exactly how many days my wife is allowed to go outside the country during her status as British Spouse and i have been informed that there is no limit to how many times she can go out of the country, but i do remember seeing somewhere that shes allowed certain number of days to travel outside the country, is this not correct?

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:15 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:22 am
Hi all,

I called HO/UKVISA here in UK to confirm exactly how many days my wife is allowed to go outside the country during her status as British Spouse and i have been informed that there is no limit to how many times she can go out of the country, but i do remember seeing somewhere that shes allowed certain number of days to travel outside the country, is this not correct?

Thanks in advance
That is correct, there is no absence limit.
There is no limitations to how many times she can go out of the country. However, note that she must be resident in UK as some documents required later on for extension/ILR mandates this.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:36 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:15 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:22 am
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
That is correct, there is no absence limit.
There is no limitations to how many times she can go out of the country. However, note that she must be resident in UK as some documents required later on for extension/ILR mandates this.
I heard the 90 days limit so many times but maybe thats for another VISA type. I remember reading that in the final year or when she applies for ILR they will check if shes been absent from the country for more than 90 days or 360 days in total since her entry to UK. So she can go out of UK for as many days she like as many times as she wants?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:04 pm

I heard the 90 days limit so many times but maybe thats for another VISA type. I remember reading that in the final year or when she applies for ILR they will check if shes been absent from the country for more than 90 days or 360 days in total since her entry to UK. So she can go out of UK for as many days she like as many times as she wants?
This applies specifically ONLY to citizenship and NOT to spouse visas or ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:04 pm
This applies specifically ONLY to citizenship and NOT to spouse visas or ilr.
She's going through her first 2.5yrs at the moment and then after another 2.5yrs she will be applying for ILR and then citizenship ofcourse, so when she applies for her citizenship will they not take the time shes spent out of the country for all the time shes been here since her first entry into UK ? and therfore should she not be careful as to how many days she spends outside the country ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:45 pm

Citizenship requirements are completely separate and independent of spouse visa and ILR.

For spouse visa and ILR there are NO absence limits.

For citizenship as the spouse of a British citizen, the application is based on 3 years residence and the absence limit is 270 days absence in the 3 years immediately preceding date of application for citizenship and no more than 90 days in the 12 months immediately preceding the date of application. This has nothing to do with the rules for ILR or spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)