ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa help!! please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

siham020
Newly Registered

settlement visa help!! please

Post by siham020 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:36 pm

hi everyone,

i would apreciate if someone can answer, i need some help...

im applying for a settelment visa , my husband lives in uk , so when submitting my settlement visa, will it matter if he has a joint acount?? even though he can provide a year's worth of bankstatments clearly showing money going in and out, so i just want to know if him having a joint acount will affect somehow badly in our application??

i hope i'll find an answer soon, thanks all

ricky

Post by ricky » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:13 pm

hi
joint account ? he needs to provide minimum 3 months statments showing his salary and monthly costs
in my opinion a joint account with the applicant is a positive thing
but if his account is joined with somebody else it may be a problem

british embassy in rabat are very strict , so it s better to submit everything they ask for and avoid giving them any excuses

siham020
Newly Registered

Post by siham020 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:21 pm

thank u for the reply..

his acount is joint with his old co worker, but he moved to another country and there's no way to contact him at the moment :( , but it's been a year now his old co worker never touched his acount, so u think it may be aproblem?? what if we made a letter explaingin this situation and include it in the file ( for application ) what about if he created another acount?? will it be a good idea ( and i he cand freeze the old joint acount)

thanks again

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:15 am

Your husband must have his own seperate account showing the money he has going in and out.

The only disadvantage of opening a new account and putting a lump sun in it, will make the ECO suspicious, and he will think that your husband has just put this amount in just before making an application.

I would advise you to get your husband to open a new account, and then transfer the money from the joint account into the new one. Once he has done this, then provide a bank statement of the new amount as well as copies of statements from the joint account, and just tell the ECO that your husband shut his joint account and transfered the money into his new sole account. This way he is more likely to believe you.

ps
Try to open a new account in the same bank rather than a different one.

siham020
Newly Registered

Post by siham020 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:18 am

thank u so much for the help it's well apreciated

we've been worried that this may sound suspecious to the ECO ( opening a new acount) . the reason that he didnt shut his joint acount, is that he needs his co-worker's signature ,but we cant get in touch with him..
i hope opening a new acount and transfering the money into it will help us and he will get bankstatements of both acounts (joint and seperated)..

all he can do to the joint acount is freeze it so is it ok??

thank u so much again ur advice is helpful,

ricky

Post by ricky » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:19 pm

hi Siham
if you read rabat website you will see that they asking for 3 months bank statments minimum
so i think your partner need to open a new account and show 3 months bank statments that will be enough

with these bank statments your partner need to write a letter explaining his monthly living costs
what the ECO is looking for is how much left after each month and they can be a pain in****** about the overdraft , a friend of mine told me that in the interview when they spotted overdraft they made it an issue and started bombarding him with negative questions
so ideally the 3 statments need to show overdraft free to be on a safe side

siham020
Newly Registered

Post by siham020 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:59 pm

thank u all for helping me i apreciate it

fingers crossed it will work out...