ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Questions

Post by simpleoptimist » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:10 pm

Hello,

I am completing the spouse visa on behalf of my husband and had some questions which may have been asked many times before, but I was hoping for some clarification on. This may get lengthy but I'd rather ask all in one go lol.

The application is obviously online but when I started looking into this previously the form was done through the VFS site, but when I started recently I was asked to complete it through the gov. site. Is this the confirmed new version?

Continuing with the gov. application, there are some questions I wanted to check on:

With the question 'Have you ever lived with *sponsor* within or outside the UK?' Would my time spent in his country (Pakistan) for 2 weeks and the 5 weeks count?

When it comes to the accommodation question, we would be living with family and the application asks for the passport numbers for everyone who lives there. Is this really needed? I've not seen it mentioned before?

Question about refused visa, my husband applied for one to Turkey as we were thinking of going on holiday. This was refused due to the application not being very clear (trust him to use a dodgy company) - do I mention this as there is a stamp for it in his passport?

Husband has travelled to China on a number of occasions for work - I assume I add all of these?

What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership? An Islamic one? I have all the documentation in Urdu and English as well as a certificate from the City all stamped with the details.

The finance question is through my employment. I have been working at the same place since 2010 but my roles have changed over the last year due to covering maternity and then more recently being offered a new role. The form asks this, but then asks the question 'What do they earn?' and then 'What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?' What is the difference?

Related to this, I was in my new post in mid August and was told I was getting a raise for the beginning of November. This wasn't processed by HR and this is now being done in Dec and I get back paid the money for November. How would I set this out as evidence, as I do have the written letter stating the pay would be given in November but an email from HR saying the pay raise will occur in December. :|

Also, the gov. application form asks for the following documents as evidence: 'Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application'. Everything I have read has asked for 6 month slips. Which is correct? If it 12 months, then for Feb - Apr my monthly pay was less than the monthly req.

What's the extra information box for? Is this as an alternative to the sponsor form?

As I said before, this does seem like a lot of questions but I want to make sure that I'm completing the right thing before paying the fees and potentially messing things up. Any help would be most appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Questions

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 pm

simpleoptimist wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:10 pm
Hello,

I am completing the spouse visa on behalf of my husband and had some questions which may have been asked many times before, but I was hoping for some clarification on. This may get lengthy but I'd rather ask all in one go lol.

The application is obviously online but when I started looking into this previously the form was done through the VFS site, but when I started recently I was asked to complete it through the gov. site. Is this the confirmed new version?

Continuing with the gov. application, there are some questions I wanted to check on:

1. With the question 'Have you ever lived with *sponsor* within or outside the UK?' Would my time spent in his country (Pakistan) for 2 weeks and the 5 weeks count?

2. When it comes to the accommodation question, we would be living with family and the application asks for the passport numbers for everyone who lives there. Is this really needed? I've not seen it mentioned before?

3. Question about refused visa, my husband applied for one to Turkey as we were thinking of going on holiday. This was refused due to the application not being very clear (trust him to use a dodgy company) - do I mention this as there is a stamp for it in his passport?

4. Husband has travelled to China on a number of occasions for work - I assume I add all of these?

5. What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership? An Islamic one? I have all the documentation in Urdu and English as well as a certificate from the City all stamped with the details.

6. The finance question is through my employment. I have been working at the same place since 2010 but my roles have changed over the last year due to covering maternity and then more recently being offered a new role. The form asks this, but then asks the question 'What do they earn?' and then 'What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?' What is the difference?

7. Related to this, I was in my new post in mid August and was told I was getting a raise for the beginning of November. This wasn't processed by HR and this is now being done in Dec and I get back paid the money for November. How would I set this out as evidence, as I do have the written letter stating the pay would be given in November but an email from HR saying the pay raise will occur in December. :|

7. Also, the gov. application form asks for the following documents as evidence: 'Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application'. Everything I have read has asked for 6 month slips. Which is correct? If it 12 months, then for Feb - Apr my monthly pay was less than the monthly req.

8. What's the extra information box for? Is this as an alternative to the sponsor form?

As I said before, this does seem like a lot of questions but I want to make sure that I'm completing the right thing before paying the fees and potentially messing things up. Any help would be most appreciated.
1. Yes count
2. If these are not accessible then write "not accessible"
3. If application form asks that then supply refusal information
4. Yes
5. Islamic nikkah
6. State your lowest annual wages during the last 6 months (if salaried) otherwise take the annualized average (total of last 6 months wages/6×12=£). Also attach employer letter stating your recent and previous role.
7. Only 6 months of payslips with corresponding bank statements will be needed.
8. Maybe for additional information
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by simpleoptimist » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Thank you for the replies to my questions. I am still a little stuck with the question regarding the financial requirement (Q7). I've seen a lot of people say that they've completed the VAF4A form, which I am also completing and I'm confused as to whether I should go with Category A or B. It is a permanent salaried job, but due to changing roles within the company my monthly pay has differed.

In terms of months

June - £1566
July - £1566
August - £1712 (moved from old role in company to new role halfway through the year)
September - £1915
October - £1915
November - £1915
Dec - Over £2000 (will also include the pay rise arrears which should have been given in Nov)

On the form, with Q3.12 I wouldn't have been earning the amount detailed in 3.11 continuously for 6 months, which means I say No and go to 3.13. Do I just say No to this and then answer 3.20 with how much I received for the 12 months?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:46 pm

In case of salaried employment usually the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months is multiplied with 12 to calculate the annual wage figure. Usually a monthly wage figure of £1550 meets the requirement where there are no additional dependants. If you are working for same employer even under different roles then you will fall under category A. By keeping in mind to above just give answer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by simpleoptimist » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:16 pm

Thanks for this. On the online form, I've said Yes to the 'Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?' but get stuck with these two responses

What do they earn? (Required)
The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Am I right in thinking it's 'same amount, above financial reqs'?

For the question 'What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?' do I just put my current salary, or the lowest in the last 6 months?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:29 am

simpleoptimist wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:16 pm
What do they earn? (Required)
The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Am I right in thinking it's 'same amount, above financial reqs'?
Yes.
simpleoptimist wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:16 pm
For the question 'What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?' do I just put my current salary, or the lowest in the last 6 months?
Believe there was recently a discussion about this on another thread. Likely worth clarifying in a cover letter that your salary changed. It is the lowest amount that will be used to calculate income towards the financial requirement so you could put that in to make it clear that you meet the requirement. Personally I don't think it matters either way as long the situation is clear to whoever is reviewing the application.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by simpleoptimist » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Thanks for the responses. I have gone through and paid for the IHS surcharge and am hoping to complete the final payment for the visa, but something has thrown me in regards to the payslips.

I was told that 6 months of payslips can be given, but I have also read that some people have been asked for 12 months. Can anyone confirm which it is, because if this is the case then the answers I have given on the form may not be correct and there would have been 3 months where my pay was less than the required amount needed.

I am quite worried now so any help would be appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:17 pm

simpleoptimist wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:22 pm
Thanks for the responses. I have gone through and paid for the IHS surcharge and am hoping to complete the final payment for the visa, but something has thrown me in regards to the payslips.

I was told that 6 months of payslips can be given, but I have also read that some people have been asked for 12 months. Can anyone confirm which it is, because if this is the case then the answers I have given on the form may not be correct and there would have been 3 months where my pay was less than the required amount needed.

I am quite worried now so any help would be appreciated.
In near past and maybe even until now if you select the option b/c/d then the system automatically assume it as you are applying under category B. Whereas if you chooses option a then it only ask 6 months of payslips & bank statements. In my view as long as you are working with same employer from 6 months despite earning variable income but sufficient then selecting option a is better and then add a covering letter to clarify it.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:42 am

simpleoptimist wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:22 pm
I was told that 6 months of payslips can be given, but I have also read that some people have been asked for 12 months.
If you are applying using Category A (6 months or greater with current employer), then you only need to provide 6 months of payslips. +1 on using a cover letter to clarify in a cover letter how you intend to meet the financial requirement and the evidence being provided.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by simpleoptimist » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi both. Thanks for the responses. I have submitted the online application, booked an appointment and am planning to upload the documents myself. I just wanted to check if I needed anything else?

Travel and Residency Documents:
* My husband and my passport
* My (sponsor) cover letter

Financial Evidence
* 6 months payslips (potentially 7 if I get my Jan payslip in time)
* 6 months bank statements (via online bank statements because my bank doesn't send me the paper versions)

Employment Evidence
* Company letter confirming employment job title, salary and start date
* Company letter regarding offer of job
* Company letter regarding increase in pay
* Work contract (not sure if needed?)

Accommodation Temporary or Permanent
* Letter from father confirming stay
* Copy of father's passport and council tax letter
* An online copy of the property register & summary from the official gov.uk site. My father couldn't find the original documents so would this be enough?
* A copy of a property inspection by a surveyors on the house from Nov 19 (is this still in date?)

Family Evidence
* Husband's English A1 certificate
* Husband's TB certificate
* Marriage certificate (English & Urdu as well as registration certificate)
* Wedding and trip pictures
* WhatsApp/WeChat screenshots
* Copies of various boarding passes, passport stamps and e-tickets for trips

* Completed copy of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A) - does this need to be uploaded or just taken to the appointment?

Is there anything else I'm missing?

simpleoptimist
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by simpleoptimist » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi, bumping this up to see if anyone responds to my document list.

Can I also ask about if there is a deadline for documents to be uploaded on the VFS website? I'm waiting on my final payslip and bank statement so I wasn't sure whether to start uploading things immediately or not?