ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPEAL TIME IN LAGOS?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoe09
Newly Registered

APPEAL TIME IN LAGOS?

Post by shoe09 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi,

I would like to enquire how much time BDHC,Lagos takes after the appeal has been approved. Our appeal was approved by AIT on the 26th of June 08. . We are still waiting and have not heard anything from theBDHC, Lagos. Any one have idea of how long it takes ?

I send them email with a scan copy of teh decision, but there was no response at all. I even called them but it seems there is no one to pick the calls.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Generally it takes about 7-8 weeks after the appeal hearing.

You will either get a phone call or "Call in letter" asking you to bring your passport for the visa to be stamped.after you have handed it,it will take another week or 10 days to get it back with the visa stamped in.

Did you a TB test?. If so make sure your TB certificate is valid. If it has expired you will have to get another one, and that will even delay it more. Check the date on it before handing it with your passport.

shoe09
Newly Registered

Post by shoe09 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:38 am

Thanks batleykhan for your response. I really appreciate it

sammy79
Newly Registered

Post by sammy79 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Please can someone advise:

I am also awaiting a call from the BDCH, Lagos but need some clarification on the TB test.

I have tried looking for information about the approved lists of Health Centres in lagos where the TB test can be conducted but yet to fine any.

I'm also yet to find anyone who was required to presenta TB test certificate..??

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Regards

shoe09
Newly Registered

Post by shoe09 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:50 pm

Pls could someone help. Like i wrote earlier, my won an appeal in London on aboout 8 weeks ago but the BDHC, Lagos have on several occassion informed us that they have not receive the appeal decision from the relevant department in London. Does the diplomatic bag takes several months to move from London to Lagos?

Secondly, a solicitor rang me today that he phone the relevant department in London yesterday ( 30/08/2008) and that he was advice that they may call my wife for another interview at Lagos. Is this possible. And he demanded for a fee of 100pounds so as to help me write letter to the relevant department in London and the BDHC, Lagos so that the process will be speed up. Am so confused.

It was this same solicitor that told me that the BIA has 28 days to appeal against AIT decision only for me to be rightly advice on this forum that it BIA has only 5 working days/ Pls am so confuce. Kindly help pls