ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP - what date are they up to?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

millencolin
Newly Registered

Post by millencolin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:47 am

thanks for your prompt feedback.

Just to clarify, i was wondering whether someone came across a case where an out of country applicant who made his/her application between 28 Feb- end of July and received an approval letter.

My advisor said that the last approval letter she received for an old HSMP was an application made in January.

She heard from the industry barrists that out of country applicants making an application before end of July will be more likely asked to apply for Tier 1. would it possible ?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:29 am

millencolin wrote:thanks for your prompt feedback.

Just to clarify, i was wondering whether someone came across a case where an out of country applicant who made his/her application between 28 Feb- end of July and received an approval letter.

My advisor said that the last approval letter she received for an old HSMP was an application made in January.

She heard from the industry barrists that out of country applicants making an application before end of July will be more likely asked to apply for Tier 1. would it possible ?
1. Plenty of people who applied between 28 February 2008 and 26 March 2008 have received their HSMP approval letters. There are forum threads on these forums dedicated to this subject, with people reporting their progress almost every day.

2. Your advisor is evidently not very well informed. As stated above, the only people who are being directed to apply under Tier 1 are people who applied for HSMP after the end of June 2008. Applications that were filed before the end of June are being processed but this is taking a very long time. It is presumed that the delay has been caused by an unusually large number of applicants, presumably from India, filing HSMP applications in March, before the UK authorities stopped accepting applications from India.

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:24 pm

Don't think it has to do with numbers as much as getting all the HSMP staff to work on Tier1 and the HSMP applicaitons affected by the JR
Last edited by pencillin on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

millencolin
Newly Registered

Post by millencolin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:13 pm

good news then :)

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:55 am

pencillin wrote:Don't think it has to do with numbers as much as getting all the HSMP staff to work on Tier1 and the HSMP applicaitons affected by the JD
JD?

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:10 am

meant the judical review, sorry JR

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:59 am

I do not see how the change to Tier 1 could have caused the HSMP team to fall so far behind. The introduction of Tier 1 took work away from the HSMP team, as, with the introduction of Tier 1, applications began to be processed in consulates and high commissions around the world, not in Sheffield. Similarly, Judicial review proceedings are Court proceedings and should not significantly distract individual caseworkers from their job.

In my mind, the only way the HSMP team could have fallen three to four months behind is if they were swamped with a huge number of applications in early 2008. This corresponds to the statement on the BIA web site that the delays have been caused by an unusually high number of applications. The only explanation for this that I can think of is that a large number of Indian applicants rushed to apply for HSMP before the Tier 1 system came into effect in India on 1 April. If this is correct, then the number of HSMP applications needing to be processed with drop off suddenly after 1 April and progress will be quick.

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 am

niw2 wrote:I do not see how the change to Tier 1 could have caused the HSMP team to fall so far behind. The introduction of Tier 1 took work away from the HSMP team, as, with the introduction of Tier 1, applications began to be processed in consulates and high commissions around the world, not in Sheffield. Similarly, Judicial review proceedings are Court proceedings and should not significantly distract individual caseworkers from their job.

In my mind, the only way the HSMP team could have fallen three to four months behind is if they were swamped with a huge number of applications in early 2008. This corresponds to the statement on the BIA web site that the delays have been caused by an unusually high number of applications. The only explanation for this that I can think of is that a large number of Indian applicants rushed to apply for HSMP before the Tier 1 system came into effect in India on 1 April. If this is correct, then the number of HSMP applications needing to be processed with drop off suddenly after 1 April and progress will be quick.
Not true, Tier1 applications both in and outside UK are being processed much more faster than old HSMP, while I'm not sure whether the outside application are being processed in the UK or in consulates the in country application are certainly being processed in the UK.
What does that mean? it means the HO has now two separate teams for Tier1 and HSMP, most probably HSMP team much smaller. Towards end of February they also got stuck with even worse delay than now, because of the surge of applicants from inside UK before applying new tier1 for the UK. number of applications is certainly a factor but Its effect is not even remotely close to the effects of reducing HSMP staff and the priorities of HO nowadays (JR and Tier1) is far more important than those bunch of HSMP applications remaining.

The HO is just an institute with a given number of employees, they certainly didn't employ whole new teams when tier1 is here or for the added complexity/time/priority of applications affected by JR. They are using the existing man force they have which were dedicated entirely for HSMP some months ago.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 pm

pencillin wrote:Not true, Tier1 applications both in and outside UK are being processed much more faster than old HSMP, while I'm not sure whether the outside application are being processed in the UK or in consulates the in country application are certainly being processed in the UK.
What does that mean? it means the HO has now two separate teams for Tier1 and HSMP, most probably HSMP team much smaller... The HO is just an institute with a given number of employees, they certainly didn't employ whole new teams when tier1 is here or for the added complexity/time/priority of applications affected by JR. They are using the existing man force they have which were dedicated entirely for HSMP some months ago.
Interesting, thanks for your thoughts. Dividing up the HSMP team into two teams ("Tier 1" and "HSMP" teams) may well have had a big effect.

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:47 am

Hi, just to bump the thread up, has anyone heard or been able to contact the HSMP call centre? Ive tried for the past few days and have been unable.
I see on the website they are still looking at applications received on the 26th of March.
As a side, the last time that i was able to get through to the call centre the person i spoke to said that my application (rec late April) would be ready approx mid August. I dont think thats likely anymore.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi Mark,

They often update the site Saturday our time (NZ time). If their progress has been slowed down by a large number of applications from India, hopefully they will speed up a whole lot once they reach 1 April, when they stopped accepting applications from India. However, they took two weeks to get from 25 March to 26 March so who knows how long it will take for them to even reach 1 April!

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:55 pm

We are currently considering applications received on 28 March 2008.
2 days progress this week. Nearly at the end of March. Only the 31st (which was a Monday) to go, then no more applications from India to slow things down.
Last edited by niw2 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:09 am

niw2 wrote:If their progress has been slowed down by a large number of applications from India, hopefully they will speed up a whole lot once they reach 1 April, when they stopped accepting applications from India.
Fingers crossed huh! That does make sense though, i guess they werent expecting such a massive increase in applications. Let me know if you hear anything more aye, ive got a job all lined up over there and ive started getting into the habit of updating them weekly so they are in the loop.

bpietro
Newly Registered

Post by bpietro » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:11 am

That certainly would make sense! Surely a large proportion of the HSMP applications come from India. With these out of the way processing times would have to significiantly increase!

Considering for a while there they were processing about a weeks worth per week, if there are no longer any Indian applications at all things would hopefully proceed at a faster rate than this post 1st April.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Well I am tenatively hoping that they will begin processing 1.5 to 2 weeks worth of applications per week once they reach the April applications but who knows? Maybe theyll surprise and disappoint us by reducing the number of people working on HSMP applications.

bpietro
Newly Registered

Post by bpietro » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:34 am

yeah knowing our luck so far that's exactly what they'll do. Not only that but come december when they finally get round to processing my app I'll get rejected!

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:47 am

bpietro wrote:yeah knowing our luck so far that's exactly what they'll do. Not only that but come december when they finally get round to processing my app I'll get rejected!
Every other day i mentally review my application. The only thing i feel nervous on is my salary, im over the amount but i just hope my evidence is fine.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:35 pm

I was missing several salary slips so I sent:

- the wage slips I had
- letter from employer
- bank statements
- IRD summary of earnings letter

What did you do?

MarkNZ
Newly Registered

Post by MarkNZ » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:13 am

niw2 wrote:I was missing several salary slips so I sent:

- the wage slips I had
- letter from employer
- bank statements
- IRD summary of earnings letter

What did you do?
My case is slightly complex as im employed and paid by an Aussie company but based in Auckland. I included wage slips in AU$'s which i converted to NZ$'s (so included the conversion table), a statement from my employer stating my salary etc. I couldnt get anything from teh IRD fast enough, but im hoping that will be enough.
I also called the UK number last night, they said they were reviewing applications received on the 25th still, so i hope the website is correct!

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:18 am

The 25th? Who knows. Perhaps some caseworkers are still processing complicated applications from the 25th while others have moved forward to the end of the month like the web site says. I doubt that the site is incorrect. Heres hoping.

Meanwhile, Im sure I read on here somewhere that you can submit additional documents relevant to your application before they begin to process it (check that for accuracy) so you may still be able to obtain and submit a summary of earnings from the IRD to confirm your income. It only takes 10 working days or less to get one, they just print it and post it out. But it wont be useful if you paid no tax in NZ on your earnings from Australia. It will only show the income that the IRD is aware of.

-----------

This morning's progress update:
We are currently considering applications received on 31 March 2008.
I was hoping they would have made a start into April but at least theyre up to the last day of March.

pencillin

Post by pencillin » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:54 pm

7th of april now, good progress, i hope they'll continue to progress a week each week from now on

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:28 pm

We are currently considering applications received on 07 April 2008.
Yep, its a relief to see them lurch ahead like that. They may speed up even more soon too, since the 7 April date is apparently only the date that the leading caseworkers are up to, so some caseworkers are probably still processing applications from the end of March. Once those caseworkers join the fight and the whole team is processing April applications, progress should be even quicker.

millencolin
Newly Registered

Post by millencolin » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:36 am

Just saw the new date, really good news :D

One quick question, once we have received our letter, we will apply for Entry Clearence, right ?

Does anyone happen to know how long this takes. Since they have merged two processes in Tier one. When we apply with our approval letter, we will be using the Tier application form and pretty much go through the same procedure.

Does it mean that this also takes another 4-5 weeks as if I'm making a new Tier one application ? Has anyone received EC with old approval letter?

I know in the past, upon arrival of approval letter, getting the EC was really quick.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:42 pm

millencolin wrote: One quick question, once we have received our letter, we will apply for Entry Clearence, right ?
Correct, it is still a two-part process for us, unlike the one-step Tier 1 process.
Does anyone happen to know how long this takes. Since they have merged two processes in Tier one. When we apply with our approval letter, we will be using the Tier application form and pretty much go through the same procedure.
I dont know how long it takes but it is probably much quicker for us than for new Tier 1 applicants, since our HSMP approval letters mean we can be 'fast tracked' through the system, as they (the BHC) dont need to go through the process of checking our degrees, payslips, birth certificates, etc.

millencolin
Newly Registered

Post by millencolin » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi just checked the world bridge website, as you said above we can fast-track the application.

in theory it takes 48 hours :D

How can we make fast track ? is there a form to fill out ? or when you applied for HSMP it's automatically porcessed under fast track.

it would be great if you guys can share any info as to how long it takes to issue EC upon arrival of HSMP letter.

good luck to everyone, but honestly i got 10 years older over the last 3 mths.