ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - few queries (Thanks for your attention)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmszone
Newly Registered

ILR - few queries (Thanks for your attention)

Post by hmszone » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:37 am

Hello there,

I'm eligible for ILR (work permit holder for last 5 years) starting from 3rd week of this month. I had couple of questions which I thought I shall present you to get the answers :

(1) My kid is born and brought up here in UK, so I understand that, eligible for citizenship straightaway when I get the ILR. But, can I apply for citizenship along with my ILR application? (or does that need to be a seperate one?)
(2) Can I apply in person to any PEO or does that need to be only Croydon?

Thanks for your reply,

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:48 am

Hi,

Only your child can get citizenship straight after you get ILR. If you're not married to a British Citizen, you will have to wait 1 year on ILR to apply for naturalisation (Citizenship).

jaas

Post by jaas » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:22 pm

As per your numbers above

01. First you need apply for ILR and then you can register your child as british citizen by using MN1 form once your got your ILR. Two seperate applications ...so two different fees..

02. You can apply at any PEO .....

hmszone
Newly Registered

Post by hmszone » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:18 am

Thanks very much guys for your time to reply ........