ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on supporting document for Non-EEA spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vsivaraman1980
Newly Registered
India

Question on supporting document for Non-EEA spouse

Post by vsivaraman1980 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi all,
New to this forum, But quite benefited from many discussions already posted by many members.

I'm currently in the processing of applying Naturalization for me, spouse and Child, all Non-EEA nationals.
we got our ILR(after 5 years in Tier-2-general) on 5-Jan-2019.

No problem with my application as I'm full time employed and have P-60 documents to provide.
My spouse, who lives in UK as same time as me, and satisfy all requirements set for naturalisation. She has NI number, but not worked or claimed any benefits. Will that be a problem if no activity in NI contribution in the past 6 years in country?

Also, for Proof of Living in UK document, Many forums' discussion suggesting Passport is enough, but in some cases, suggesting adding P-60 is beneficial. For my spouse application, will it be a problem?

Can i add council tax statement, DVLA letter, POLL card as proof of living in UK for her?(bank statements and letters are not accepted)?

Thank you for your support in advance.
Siva

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question on supporting document for Non-EEA spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:44 pm

You do NOT have to submit proof of address or P60s or employment documents

You only need your passports stamped pages to prove residence.

Do not submit a bunch of completely unnecessary documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vsivaraman1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by vsivaraman1980 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:54 pm

Thank you So much CR001. Appreciate your response.

do I need to scan all pages, including blank pages or only pages with visa and/or entry stamps entered?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:38 pm

Biometric and stamped pages as I have stated already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vsivaraman1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by vsivaraman1980 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Thank you very much CR001.

One additional question on travel while the application in process.
I've applied for the citizenship application waiting for the Bio-metric appointment which is in Feb 14th.
my job requires some travel into EU/Non-EU countries.
1. Can we travel outside UK while the application is in process? (i believe it is, per other forum users questions and advise provided)

Trying to get it cleared specifically on the limits, so asking the question in detail as below. please forgive me if it is a overkill

2. Can we travel until Bio-metric appointment?
2a.If we can, Do we need to add additional pages of stamps before bio-metric appointment date?
3. Can we travel travel after bio-metric appointment and until approval letter received?
4. Can we travel until ceremony date?
5. After ceremony, we shouldn't travel until we get the British passport. Is my understanding correct?

Thank you again for your support and help.

vsivaraman1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by vsivaraman1980 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:38 pm
Biometric and stamped pages as I have stated already.
My last entry to UK after travel was stamped in the passport, but the stamping was so faint, that i can't see the date and entry airport easily. I tried scanning on high contrast/brightness settings (both color and black and white), but still not very clear. Will this be a problem?
any additional note i should provide to explain it?

Additionally, as I'm paying more attention to this particular stamp, I realized that Immigration officer wrote my wife's ILR BRP number in my passport next to the stamp instead of mine (we were travelling together with our child). (immigration office hand-write the BRP number next to each stamp whenever we enter).
will it cause any problem?

thanks again as I'm sweating out on the documents required.