ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering UK with different names on BRP and Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

slanciov
Newly Registered

Entering UK with different names on BRP and Passport

Post by slanciov » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:41 pm

My partner is Ukrainian passport holder and has a current EEA Family Member Residence card (I am an EEA national).

My partner will be travelling to Ukraine to change her Surname (so that it matches my surname, as this hasn't been done back when we got married). She will be issued her new Passport (with updated surname) in Ukraine during her stay there.

Question: should she expect any issues when returning to UK with her new Passport, which will have a different Surname from the one on her UK residence card??

Many Thanks for help :)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Entering UK with different names on BRP and Passport

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Probably best you carry the marriage certificate (with translation if applicable) in case the question is asked.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

slanciov
Newly Registered

Post by slanciov » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:54 am

Good point, thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:47 am

She needs to report the name change as a change of circumstances.

See https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... ide-the-uk
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.