ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary slip - Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ppatil9
Newly Registered

Salary slip - Question

Post by ppatil9 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Salary slips issued in pdf format which has employer logo and address on it, Can I take print of the same and submit without employer stamp and sign?

Thambi

Re: Salary slip - Question

Post by Thambi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:31 pm

No
check this site : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /Payslips/

ppatil9 wrote:Salary slips issued in pdf format which has employer logo and address on it, Can I take print of the same and submit without employer stamp and sign?

republique
BANNED

Re: Salary slip - Question

Post by republique » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:08 am

ppatil9 wrote:Salary slips issued in pdf format which has employer logo and address on it, Can I take print of the same and submit without employer stamp and sign?
Yes it has the company logo so it is on headed paper

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:25 pm

It should be authorised, seal/stamp of company and signature from competent authority.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:41 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:It should be authorised, seal/stamp of company and signature from competent authority.
No it doesn't.

ppatil9
Newly Registered

Post by ppatil9 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:01 pm

republique wrote:
rajesh9pl wrote:It should be authorised, seal/stamp of company and signature from competent authority.
No it doesn't.
This means I should get it authenticated by employer with stamp and signature...

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:17 pm

ppatil9 wrote:
republique wrote:
No it doesn't.
This means I should get it authenticated by employer with stamp and signature...
Your decision. I told you NOT.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:18 pm

republique wrote:
No it doesn't.
Read Payslips

It has..
What the payslips must show
These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. If payslips are on unheaded paper or you receive all pay slips online, you must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:46 pm

republique wrote:
ppatil9 wrote:
republique wrote:
No it doesn't.
If one reads para 123(1) of the Tier 1 policy guidance, it will not be difficult to understand that what is being suggested here so convincingly *is not in line with* what the Tier 1 policy guidance states regarding use of online payslips.

As advised above, you *must* get your PDF printouts signed and stamped by your employer if you do not want to risk a refusal!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:52 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
republique wrote:
ppatil9 wrote:
republique wrote: No it doesn't.
If one reads para 123(1) of the Tier 1 policy guidance, it will not be difficult to understand that what is being suggested here so convincingly *is not in line with* what the Tier 1 policy guidance states regarding use of online payslips.

As advised above, you *must* get your PDF printouts signed and stamped by your employer if you do not want to risk a refusal!

regards
And again I told you, you don't. In one of my renewals, my payslips were available online and i printed then and submitted them because they had the employer's logo/header which made it authentic. If the employer had mailed it, it would a duplicate and thus valid. If this is the logo and pdf set up you have, then your salary slips are satisfactory for submission.

Everyone else is acting like it is just a lame print screen from the internet taking a snap shot of your account activity. That would clearly be insufficient.

However do what you want. You will have to go through the pain of making the employer authenticate something he already considers valid.

ppatil9
Newly Registered

Post by ppatil9 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:23 pm

republique wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
republique wrote:
ppatil9 wrote:

regards
And again I told you, you don't. In one of my renewals, my payslips were available online and i printed then and submitted them because they had the employer's logo/header which made it authentic. If the employer had mailed it, it would a duplicate and thus valid. If this is the logo and pdf set up you have, then your salary slips are satisfactory for submission.

Everyone else is acting like it is just a lame print screen from the internet taking a snap shot of your account activity. That would clearly be insufficient.

However do what you want. You will have to go through the pain of making the employer authenticate something he already considers valid.
Thanks everyone.
Completely agree with you republique, but my concern is refusal, so brought this up. Your case gives me confidence.

Anyone else in similar situations who have been approved VISA, please comment.

Thanks again.

xen400
Newly Registered

Post by xen400 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:25 am

Hello ppatil9,

What you should try to understand is the LOGIC behind the RULE rather than the rule itself, they just want to be sure that the documents you provide are not forged.

So if you feel that your print-outs don't look like they have been or can be forged then go ahead, but bear in mind that if you cause even a slight doubt in the caseworkers mind you'll be putting your entire application in jeopardy.

Just me 2 cents.

Sam

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:08 am

Also important to understand is the reason why UKBA doesn't require (re)authentication of formal payslips or payslips on company headed paper but specifically tells the applicants to get it done for electronic / online payslips. 'Coz many such electronic documents (e.g. - PDF format) can be easily forged. How difficult is it for someone to create a PDF payslip, if one has access to a softcopy of company's logo?? If OP can send me one (company logo), it will not be difficult for me to provide "authentic" evidence (PDF payslips) that the OP earns more than his company's CEO. :wink:

Please note that my responses are in strict reference to Tier 1 applications (where the guidelines clearly mention this requirement) and not in reference to leave to enter / remain application under some other immigration category (where the guidelines do/might not specifically mention any such requirement).

Ultimately, it is you (the applicant) who needs to decide on the merits of your application. All we can do is suggest ways of minimizing chances of refusal.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!