ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anoodles
Newly Registered
Malaysia

ILR

Post by anoodles » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:03 am

Hello everyone,

Please do file this in a different section if im posting at the wrong place - this is literally the first time Ive used this forum so bear with me! :D

My query is - can everyone who have had recent experiences gaining ILR (through any route, SETO, SETLR, etc) , are you able to kindly share here if you had paid for any legal help/representative to help support your application in making it successful?

I am thinking of applying for ILR soon and would like to start budgeting for these costs, including application fees. I am aware of the large sum of cost needed to apply for ILR, and hence if appointing a solicitor to help influence the home office to make it more successful then I would have to budget extra for this. Otherwise, as i dont think i have any reason or bad history for the application not to be successful, then I dont think i would. But just need opinions/ advice from people regarding this.

- would those who had their ILRs sucessful recently share whether they did the application themselves or got themselves represented and what was the outcome, or if this helped to influence the decision or lenght of time of decision?

Thank you all very much! :wink:

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:35 am

A solicitor has NO influence on home office or decision making process. The decision to grant ILR is based on your eligibility under the rules and is at the discretion of the UKVI. You are also solely responsible for your application even if you have a solicitor. This means if a solicitor makes a mistake or advise you incorrectly, they are NOT responsible. Their services are purely advisory.
99% of applicants do not need solicitors unless there are legal complexities involved. I suggest to follow the advice given here and apply on your own. You should be fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anoodles
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by anoodles » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi Zimba!

Thank you so much for your reply! I was getting alot of mixed advices from people, some were saying to go with a solicitor and some were not.

Thank you. Will get ahead with my applicaiton then. :)

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:13 pm

100% agree with Zimba, You have to look after you application yourself.