ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR, Spouse Visa - Advice Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR, Spouse Visa - Advice Please

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:00 pm

Yes ilr is the same as FLR extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:00 pm
Yes ilr is the same as FLR extension.
Thanks again for all the help today. I think I have a handle on this now. I know what I need to get and when. All should be good. I’ll report back here when we have a decision, sometime early May I imagine...or before when I think of another question, haha. :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:05 pm

Might be useful for a sanity check to post a list of all your supporting documents when ready before uploading to UKCVAS, to make sure everything is covered and correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:05 pm
Might be useful for a sanity check to post a list of all your supporting documents when ready before uploading to UKCVAS, to make sure everything is covered and correct.
I think my biggest concern is the proof of cohabitation. Can I get your opinion on this list:

May 2018: Bank statement (wife, certified copy) Utility Bill (me, original)
Oct 2018: Bank statement (wife, certified copy) Utility Bill (me, original)
March 2019: Council tax bill (wife and myself, original)
July 2019: Bank statement (wife, certified copy) Bank statement (me, certified copy)
Nov 2019: Council tax (wife and myself, original)
March 2020: water bill (wife and myself, original)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:20 pm

You need more than that.

You need 3 or 4 sources in each name if you don't have enough joint name documents.

Page 63 and 64 if the archived paper form, note 11, in link below, explains what ho expects to see and examples.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:20 pm
You need more than that.

You need 3 or 4 sources in each name if you don't have enough joint name documents.

Page 63 and 64 if the archived paper form, note 11, in link below, explains what ho expects to see and examples.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm
My wife has 3 sources: bank, water, council tax
I have 4: bank, utility, water, council
The bank statements are from different accounts and addressed to us individually.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:34 pm

I just read that paper form note 11 again and it only says 3 different sources. I could throw in our tenancy agreement too, which is in both our names, but I would be submitting more documents than was requested, otherwise the gaps between some of the documents would be too big.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Your sources are fine.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:58 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:52 pm
Your sources are fine.
That’s what I would thought from what others have said compared to what others have posted and what the guidance notes say but I’m all confused now.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Hello all. One quick question about my work contract that I am sending for proof of income. Do I need to get it signed on each page by a senior official or is the cover letter I get from them saying it is an authentic copy sufficient? The contract contains my name but not my address.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:07 pm

ssbib wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Hello all. One quick question about my work contract that I am sending for proof of income. Do I need to get it signed on each page by a senior official or is the cover letter I get from them saying it is an authentic copy sufficient? The contract contains my name but not my address.
Work contract is not needed if you have employer letter, payslips and bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:38 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:07 pm
ssbib wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Work contract is not needed if you have employer letter, payslips and bank statements.
That’s one less thing to worry about then, thanks Seagul.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:29 pm

My employment letter has been signed by the HR Business Manager. Is that senior level enough? I don’t have access to the board of directors etc.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:40 pm

I have also combined the employment letter with the letter to say my payslips are authentic and these are signed by the same HR Business Manager. Is this ok or do they HAVE to be 2 separate letters.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:22 pm

My employment letter reads like this, please offer your opinion:

22nd April 2020

To whom it may concern,

RE: *WIFE NAME*'s FLR (M) application.

This is to confirm that *MY NAME* of *ADDRESS* has been employed as a Housing Support Officer at *EMPLOYERS NAME* on a permanent, full-time basis since 1st May 2014. *EMPLOYERS NAME* is a charitable housing association that supports vulnerable adults in the local community.

*NAME* currently has an annual salary of £xxx plus a car allowance of £xxx totaling an annual income of £xxx from this employment. He has had this amount of income since August 2019 after he was awarded a 3% wage increase compared to that shown in his current work contract.

The following pages contain genuine copies of *NAME*’s current employment contract, the original of which is kept securely in our office, and his latest 6 months payslips, which are distributed electronically.

If you require any further information, please contact us on the information provided.

Yours faithfully,

*SNAME*
HR Business Manager

I also plan on her signing the payslips when I have them all. However is this necessary if they contain the name of my workplace on the slip itself? They do NOT contain my address, only my full name.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:31 pm

Yes that letter can be prepared and signed by HR and also that is up to your own convenience whether you get it done in two letters or one. But yes the same employer letter can also confirm the authenticity of payslips but it actually is not needed since the all system now online. Your employer letter seems fine and there is no need to get signed your payslips rather if they are in online pdf format then can straight be uploaded without printing.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:37 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:31 pm
Yes that letter can be prepared and signed by HR and also that is up to your own convenience whether you get it done in two letters or one. But yes the same employer letter can also confirm the authenticity of payslips but it actually is not needed since the all system now online. Your employer letter seems fine and there is no need to get signed your payslips rather if they are in online pdf format then can straight be uploaded without printing.
Thanks again Seagul. I’m glad HR can sign it. A lot of the examples I have seen on here have been signed by directors etc. I got the Operation Director to sign the letter for our initial visa but our company was tiny then. It’s pretty big now and has a high turnover of senior staff and so I don’t even know who they are or how to ask them to sign this letter.

I think I am leaning towards paying extra and having it scanned for us at the biometric appointment, I don’t think I have any documents that need to be scanned in to separate sections so I will be able to go down this route. I’ll decide closer to the time, but it would take me hours to sit and scan through everything we have and if someone is prepared to do that for me then I will pay for that service.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:49 pm

ssbib wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:37 pm
, but it would take me hours to sit and scan through everything we have and if someone is prepared to do that for me then I will pay for that service.
That will be entirely up to you but scanning & uploading by yourself than taking the same at the time of biometrics appointment is far better. Also remember the ukvcas staff aren't immigration staff and if anything gets missed by them then they won't take any responsibility whatever the outcome comes.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:17 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:49 pm
ssbib wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:37 pm
, but it would take me hours to sit and scan through everything we have and if someone is prepared to do that for me then I will pay for that service.
That will be entirely up to you but scanning & uploading by yourself than taking the same at the time of biometrics appointment is far better. Also remember the ukvcas staff aren't immigration staff and if anything gets missed by them then they won't take any responsibility whatever the outcome comes.
That’s a good point. I’ll think about it and see how I’m feeling closer to the time. In past experience did you find it easy enough to upload the documents?

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:30 pm

Can I ask your opinion on one more thing. I know my work contract isn’t necessary but it does say you can send it along with a P60. I think I will do this just to speed the process up some, but I noticed earlier that when my contract was updated in May 2019 the HR manager only typed her name next to the “signed on behalf of the company” section. Will this be ok or should I push them to reprint it and sign it again?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:55 pm

ssbib wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:30 pm
Can I ask your opinion on one more thing. I know my work contract isn’t necessary but it does say you can send it along with a P60. I think I will do this just to speed the process up some, but I noticed earlier that when my contract was updated in May 2019 the HR manager only typed her name next to the “signed on behalf of the company” section. Will this be ok or should I push them to reprint it and sign it again?
P60 & contract (same said earlier) aren't needed. P60 doesn't show the wages figures relevant for visa purpose.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:07 pm

Ok thanks Seagul.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:15 am

Hello again. I need some advice about a water bill I was going to send as the proof of residency. I realised last night that the last two pages of the bill are missing. These pages are detailing the payment I have made on my water account to do and some general contact info for the water company. Can I still use this document?

I am able to use other sources to cover this exact period but I think showing a water bill would be better and would like to use it. I am currently asking the water company to reprint the missing pages for me but not sure if they will do it.

What are your thoughts, should I swap it out or am I overthinking?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:19 am

am I overthinking?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:31 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:19 am
am I overthinking?
As usual, haha. United Utilities are sending me the missing pages anyway, just to be on the safe side.

On a side note, I’ve re-worked the list of documents so that we are not repeating sources for one person. We now have 9 documents from 8 sources spread over the 2 years. It was like a puzzle trying to figure it all out. I created a column with all the dates, items, sources and had to work it from there.