ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on foreign passport after citizenship ceremony but before New passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ateeqsalik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Travelling on foreign passport after citizenship ceremony but before New passport

Post by ateeqsalik » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:52 am

Hi guys,

This question was answered in the past but I know the rules have changed since then.

I wanted to ask

1. Is it possible to travel abroad (and enter back into the UK) on a foreign passport, after the citizenship ceremony. I understand the brp will no longer be valid, but would I need a right of Abode certificate?

Thank you kindly in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling on foreign passport after citizenship ceremony but before New passport

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:56 am

You have to return your brp card to ho within 5 days of your ceremony.
This question was answered in the past but I know the rules have changed since then.
What rules exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Travelling on foreign passport after citizenship ceremony but before New passport

Post by Richard W » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:56 am
You have to return your brp card to ho within 5 days of your ceremony.
What rules exactly?
There is advice here to retain the BRP if it is evidence that a child is British.

But would using the BRP to travel to the UK be illegal? (If so, we can't advise on what to do.) Would it be possible? Do airlines get told that it has been cancelled?

There used to be an instruction that if someone arriving at the UK could prove, but not using a passport or certificate of RoA, that he was a British citizen, he should be treated as a British national. I'm not sure if he would have to satisfy the immigration officer that he was not intending to settle in the UK.

However, there is now an instruction not to seemingly grant a British citizen leave to enter.

ateeqsalik
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ateeqsalik » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:45 pm

CR001 - Regarding the return of the BRP card.

If i return my BRP card, what document can i apply for that will not have a 6 week waiting period if i need to leave the country?

I am travelling alone nobody with me

Your help is appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:17 am

passports are current my taking 2 to 3 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.