ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it considered deception ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Is it considered deception ?

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:17 am

Both EU and Non EU seperated for very long time ( not divorced )

NON EU applied Settled Status but without EU Sponsor Residency Proof but he mentioned in the cover letter that he still has JOINT BANK ACCOUNT with his EX even though they are not living together for very long time.

CaseWorker called and asked for that Bank Statement which he mentioned in the cover letter

NON EU send that JOINT BANK STATEMENT and again wrote to the Caseworker " I'm separated from my ex wife for long time " i am sending this BANK STATEMENT because you asked for it even after knowing we are seperated

NON EU granted Settled Status

EU citizen Apply Settled status after few month but with completely different Proof of address so now their proof of residency don't match.

IS IT CONSIDERED DECEPTION in the EYES of HOME OFFICE ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Is it considered deception ?

Post by BellaKris » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:08 am

It doesn’t seem like it to the best of my knowledge. You can still operate a joint account after a divorce and that is substantial proof, and it shouldn’t be a problem if only one party decides to rely on it as proof of such relationship, as you did state vehemently when sending it that you both are no longer together. I don’t think her application should even be tied to yours or any confusion regarding deception. Home Office won’t normally operate like that, as it is on a case to case basis and the person who will probably look at hers, won’t have been the same person who looked at yours.