ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-Question About Salary - PLZ ANSWER

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ramit

ILR-Question About Salary - PLZ ANSWER

Post by Ramit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:52 am

hh
Last edited by Ramit on Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:13 am

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 am

Because no one is replying and it goes right to the bottom of the queue before no one even notices it. Why is there a problem?

republique
BANNED

Re: Hi

Post by republique » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:56 am

Ramit wrote:Because no one is replying and it goes right to the bottom of the queue before no one even notices it. Why is there a problem?
Thats too bad, you just need to bump it up, no one likes double postings.
And maybe no one is answering because no one likes a slacker.
Try to look through the guidance, it might answer your question or you might have to accept your question is not answerable but it doesn't mean you should double post it and aggravate the board.

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Does anyone know the answer to this? I really need to know desperately! Even if someone points me in the right direction then that would be great.

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:07 pm

republique can you point me in the right direction? I googled this up and have been on the home office website but couldn't find any answer. Also did a search on this forum too.
By the way I am not a "slacker" or a person who "aggravates". Rather than use these adjectives you could let me know how to keep this up the queue instead of posting it again and again!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Better get a letter to explain why your salary was lower than the one stated on the work permit in the first year. This discrepancy might be picked up by the case worker or it may not. If it does, you better be prepared.

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Thank you for the reply paulp. I will ask my company to write a letter to explain this.. (hope this goes un-noticed by the case worker.. fingers crossed!). Also, do we have to inform the home office of any changes in salary? I got a raise of about 16% over a period of 2 and a half years time. But my job role and responsibilities have not changed.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:10 pm

Ramit wrote:Thank you for the reply paulp. I will ask my company to write a letter to explain this.. (hope this goes un-noticed by the case worker.. fingers crossed!). Also, do we have to inform the home office of any changes in salary? I got a raise of about 16% over a period of 2 and a half years time. But my job role and responsibilities have not changed.
IMHO, the raise will not be a problem if you can show your role and responsibilities have not significantly changed. Having a lower salary than advertised/written on the work permit might raise questions of obtaining a WP by deception.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:11 pm

[deleted double post]

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:25 pm

Ok... I will ask my company to dig my old work permit application form out and see how much the difference was. I will also ask them why this was the case. Thats all I can do, I guess, for now.