ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after acquiring ILR status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iktara
Newly Registered

Travel after acquiring ILR status

Post by Iktara » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:23 pm

hi all,
I'd like to go back to India with my kids once I have ILR-me and my kdi will have ILR, other 2 kids have brit passport. I am thinking of staying for around 1year. Will this affect my British citizenship application? In my understanding i will have to defer applying by 1 year after returning as the requirement is to stay in the country for 1 year min after ILR? What will be the implications for me and my kids?

Please advise
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travel after acquiring ILR status

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:20 pm

You cannot have absences of more than 90 days in the last year immediately before your application, if you want to apply for citizenship
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

secret.simon

Re: Travel after acquiring ILR status

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Keep in mind that ILR passes automatically if you're absent from the UK for a period of more than two years and can be cancelled by the Immigration Officer at the airport if it is obvious to him that you're not resident in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.