ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 am

Hi Shameem,
is it not more then 60 days since you have applied?? if so then they should give you an answer really, well i had a feeling that this delay is going to be in our favour. wish you all good luck!!!

Faisel....still here must be busy doin packing lol

susy1

Post by susy1 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:38 am

hi,

Shameem, hope you get a positive result! not long to go now, you should get a reply very soon i would expect.

im waiting, not got a response yet but am hoping its going to be good news!!!!!!!!!! was going to go to paks to see my pati-dev for a week but cant now :-(

good luck to you all!!

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:20 am

Hi All

Yep im still heree. lol i got hardly no packing, only taking a few shalwar kameez and kurthey. wife saying she will buy me new clothes from pakistan. only 10 days to goooooooo and im off wooohhooooooooo.

Inshallah i hope we get a response from the BHC either before i go, or while im thereee. I just heard another girls husband has been givin the visa and he's already back in the UK. They applied about three weeks before us. So should be expecting something sooooon, from the BHC.

Allah-Hafiz

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:28 pm

Hi All,

I have been following these posts and appeasing my concerned soul but felt it right to now share my situation with you all.

My wife applied for her Settlement visa on 30th June 2008 at the Islamabad VAC.

Like all of you, my missus was told 10-20 days you'll hear back. Not heard a thing, call up constantly only to be told to call back in a couple of days. The website is useless - its been stuck on the same update since day one 'Application forwarded to Islamabad OC'.

And I know about the usual spiel of its 60 days etc etc etc.

I am really wishing for all this to be over ... and am getting fed up with the wait.

Any one reckon they know how much longer I gotta wait?? I have kept sabr ... but it really tries your patience!!

I am delighted for all of you that have recieved your visas - wish you all the happiness in the world.

Any advice would be welcome ...

p.s. I think this forum is great to help everyone get through these really difficult process - keep it up!!

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi ALL

OAhmed, im in the same situation as you brother. My wife applied for settlement visa on 9th July. the status on the website has been stuck on what it said since day one "Application forwarded to Islamabad OC".

It is really stressing time for people. Inshallah im travellng to pakistan in just over a week or so, chill out abit in pakistannnn. Im hoping the decision will be given while im in Pakistan, Inshallah!

Thanks all
byeee

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Thx Faisel,

Thx for the response.
I'll pray that the visa does arrive whilst your out there!!

Do you (or anyone else) know how long it 'realistically' takes ...?? I heard for girl visa (provided all the docs are ok) then it takes about 5/6 wks.

Im thinking of doing the same ... get out there for a couple of wks and maybe the visa will be ready & bring the missus back with me inshallah!

Its really difficult ... they wont tell you when you'll get the visa ... when they do issue it, they want you to leave the country within 28 days!!

Everything is just rush rush rush!!

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:32 pm

bro, if there is a need to consult any agencies in the uk, such as the Home Office it could take anywhere up to 60 working days, almost 3 months at MAXIMUM. but they usualy try to reslve settlements visa within a couple months (6 - 8 weeks), provided all the documents are OK.

I really hppe you get a response from them quickkly, only thing i can really advise is keep checking the tracking website, once the gerry office recieves the passport back they usually update the computers.

My wife keeps phoning the gerry office n islamabad but as usual they keep aying ring back in 2 - 3 days, they cannot give a definate date.

Inshallah, i'm hoping for a response while im out there, my return date in on 22nd September. if all goes well.

Many Thanks

Allah-Hafiz

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:19 pm

does anyone know if you need to submit original documents like marriage cert, passport, birth cert, drivers license, national insurance number, p60 tax forms or can it be scanned in a printed out?

I know that your payslips and bank statements have to be originals anything else?

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:09 am

Azim,

Everything Original Brother. But by all means means make copies and keep them yourself so you know what you have sent them.

Allah-Hafiz

vicaego
Newly Registered

Post by vicaego » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:12 am

Salam to ALL
I found this forum really helpful for all those ppls going through this difficult time of WAITING!!!. As i have applied on 15th April for my settlement visa i havnt heard nefing so far yet.. As Max time period for application is 60 working days..... mines is more than 80 days .

i have contacted BHC Islamabad and got reply back that
" we are not in position to make any decsion on your application at the moment and sorry to say cant give you any precise time"

i am losing my passions now......

does any one can advise me on this....?

Adeel

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:02 am

Just reading some of the topics here makes me laugh.I think we Pakistanis need to bit a bit more patient after lodging applications/appeals etc. They are thousands more like you making applications. Some of the applications are honest and genuine, but they are others who are not.I have been reliably informed from a friend who works at the BHC in Islamabad, that a considerable amount of time is spent by staff checking the authenticity of documents provided by from the UK and in Pakistan. hence causing a delay in dealing with applications. There are times when the BHC is inundated with applications, whilst other times it is quiet.

Personally speaking I would prefer to wait a couple of weeks over the time limit I have been told before chasing things up.Those who do inquire before time,I know their email and letters are just ignored.

If you have been waiting well over the limit, then I suggest you contact your local MP and get him to write you a letter, because these letters make the BHC ears prick up, and they have to respond within 10 days.

Apart from this, remeber that if you marry in Pakistan, you must be prepared to wait 12 months after lodging an application( incase your partner is refused)to be together.

Those who get their visa first time and quickly are very few fortunate ones. If you are not prepared or take a chance, then you should seriously consider marrying someone from this country.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:14 am

Salaam All,

Azim - definitely all original documents wherever possible.

Faisel - Bro bet your looking forward to getting out there ... & you get to go for that long as well - I'll be lucky to get 10days!! Im gonna stick with monitoring the website & calling the VAC in ISL. I'll keep ya posted.

Vicaego - agree with BatleyKhan, you need to get professional assistance on this coz if they are taking this long then you need to investigate & get some answers. Hope everything goes well.

BatleyKhan - I totally agree with you ... my cousins visa got issued within 4 wks, but that was at a quiet time of the year ... my wife's application has been waiting 6 wks so it does depend on how busy the offices are. I supplied nearly everything I possibly could with the application and inshallah i hope that a positive outcome will be forthcoming. I think some pple who submit their applications need to ensure that all accurate & relevant documents are supplied at the application submission stage. Unfortunately the 'corrupt' few make it longer for all the others. I think the only frustration and probably the reason for most angst with pple on this forum is the fact that the VAC officials say that its gonna be 10-15 or 20 days and to call back then; they do state the official line on 60 days, but perhaps more realistic timelines need to be provided by the officials, and stuck to, so as to set the applicants expectations accordingly. The lack of information and subsequent mis-information only heightens ppls frustrations.

Good luck for everyone who is awaiting an outcome to their applications. May Allah bless you all with patience and a positive result. Ameen.

shameem

Post by shameem » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Salaam all. Yet another week of waiting................and still nothing!! Personally the authorities in Pakistan should provide correct and accurate information. If you are told that it will take 2 to 3 weeks for your application to be processed then give or take a few days thats how long its should take. But then after 3 weeks if you keep on gettin told to ring back after 2 to 3 days then what are you supposed to do? Of course you are going to get stressed because you cannot rely on what you are told. The VAC staff arent helpful anyway and the website doesnt get updated regularly, no wonder everyone is getting frustrated!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Shameem

Patience is the virtue of everything ..... take a deep breath and relax and let events take it own course.

Remember VAC or Gerrys are ONLY a handling centre.They do not make the decision. The decision is made by the ECO @ the BHC Islamabad. Untill such a time he makes the decison, ringing Gerrys is wasting time.

Like I have stated in my previous message, sometime things do take longer than normal. The dates that the VAC or BHC are an "estimate time". :P

lion
Newly Registered

Post by lion » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi all, ive been looking at this forum for a while now found it very useful and thought i should also contribute with my story.
My wife applied for a settlement visa on june 27th at the Islamabad VAC and im basically in the same situation as all you guys. Its been almost 6 weeks and still same old....
Ive heard that the average time is 6-8 weeks so we should hear something soon inshallah. My wife's friend got her response after 8 weeks, although her visa app was rejected - not sure why. (Didnt want to make anyone nervous :? )
batleykhan - I think the problem is not the waiting, of course we understand that the application will take time because of the sheer volume, its the service - or lack of it - that is the main problem. They never seem to be able to give you a straight answer about when its going to be done.
Good luck to everyone waiting for a visa, inshallah it all works out for us!

miri
Newly Registered

Post by miri » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:44 pm

hi everyone

i was reading the massages ppl mad about thier cases for the past one week and i find it very usefull...i just wanted to say thank u for those who tak time and write.

with my case..my hasband submitted his case on the 17 of june since then i was checking the website three or four times a days...it was saying sam think..... your application forworded to islamabad oc.....i called it once and they told me to call after 2-3 days later.

today i called around 7 o clock and i checked the website befor i called..it was saying sam thing...and when i called ....the guy told me what was writon in website.... but then around 3 o clock i checked the website and the Spammy Spammer was chnage from your application forworded to islamabd oc to .....your application is readly for collection....i was realy happy to see that but then it doesnot says whether the application is refused or whether visa has been granted......i hop it is a good news bx if not i realy donot know where to go from there...i am calling tomor to confirm it befor i ask my husband to trave to islamabad

shameem

Post by shameem » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 am

Congratulation Miri. You have got an answer. What the status now means is that you wont know until you get the passport whether a visa has been granted or not. Hopefully your husband will have got the visa, think positive and let us know the outcome. There is hope for us all......... :P

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 am

Hi Miri,
I pray that it turns out to be in your favour, please keep us informed
for husband visa its quite quick i would imagin

anyone else had a reply?? specially ones applied in June???

thanks and best of luck to all

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:55 am

Hi All,

Miri - thats great news that you've heard about your hubbys visa. But what are you doing waiting!! Theres no point waiting or trying to call them, they wont tell you anything over the phone, you hubby has to go & collect to visa to see what decision has been made - hopefully it will be a positive result!!

Muzzi17 - my wife applied 30th June... still waiting!! Inshallah seeing as Miri's case got feedback and theres was applied for a bit before mine, I am hoping to hear something very soon!! When did you apply ?? Whats been going on in your situation??

Faisel - bro hows it going ??? you busy packing you bags I reckon ;-)

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:03 pm

we applied on 19 June and still waiting

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:08 pm

Patiece is Bitter, but its fruit is SWEET!!!!

Pakistan Zindabadddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!

6 Days to go..........and counting

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:04 pm

hello everyone i am new to this so i just saw this forum earlier this week ..and i just wanted to write on it i am really worried latly as my husband has applied for his visa on friday and i cant take the pressure to be refused again i just wanted to make sure if all the papers i submited are fine
4 month work slips
a sponser letter from me
a sponser letter from my parents
house survey
land registry
5 months bank statements
p60
a letter from my boss regarding my job
calling cards from boths sides
emails
3 photoes with me and my husband
marriage certificate english and urdu copy
my husbands education certificates

is this enough ? i am really much in pressure and i cant bear to get upset again as i been reufused twice its been 1 year since i met my husband and i soo miss him so can anyone tell me how much mostly it takes to get the reply from gerry fedex ? please do remember me in your prayers

cgame

Post by cgame » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 pm

my misses is goin tommorrow to get her passport....hoping that she gets her visa....very nervous but hoping for a postive result......took em exactly 8 weeks to give us a reply

wish me luck :)

miri
Newly Registered

Post by miri » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:27 pm

hi
just wanted to say my husband went to islamabad today and he got his visa :D ....sooo happy

saiqabb

Post by saiqabb » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 pm

Congratulations on getting your hubbys visa datz gud news.So it didnt take dat much tym u got it within 6weeks lets say.My hubby applied on the 17th July so i hope i hear 4rm them with in a month from now.