ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Delayed more than 1 year!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stomn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship Delayed more than 1 year!!!

Post by stomn » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:48 am

I applied my citizenship on 26 July 2018, its been more than 1 year 5 months, still pending for approval.
Did someone tell me whats the current processing time standards, the waiting is really painful and frustrated put enormous pressure on my mental well being.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship Delayed more than 1 year!!!

Post by London22 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:56 am

stomn wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:48 am
I applied my citizenship on 26 July 2018, its been more than 1 year 5 months, still pending for approval.
Did someone tell me whats the current processing time standards, the waiting is really painful and frustrated put enormous pressure on my mental well being.
You should write to HO or call them &ask to make a decision on your application.Also contact your MP.If did all this then warn HO that you are taking legal action .They will decide soon if you act .Sitting &not doing anything &waiting for decision sometimes don't work.Goodluck

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:14 pm

I agree you should try something. From limited experience treats of legal action tend not to work with HO, especially for naturalisation by discretion. I suggest writing and email/letter explaining your pain. Involving MP may also help, but I think that's again to raise the human aspect, not legal one.

Search here for some email addresses of HO. See which one is more responsive, although no guarantee it will repeat.

Finally you have to carefully explain why you want to be a citizen as ILR gives you very similar rights in the country.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:58 pm

vaza wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:14 pm
I agree you should try something. From limited experience treats of legal action tend not to work with HO, especially for naturalisation by discretion. I suggest writing and email/letter explaining your pain. Involving MP may also help, but I think that's again to raise the human aspect, not legal one.

Search here for some email addresses of HO. See which one is more responsive, although no guarantee it will repeat.

Finally you have to carefully explain why you want to be a citizen as ILR gives you very similar rights in the country.
Vaza
ILR doesn't give a person same rights as a citizen.ILR is taken away easily even at air ports while to take away nationality is not easy.Also legal action can be taken against HO for not deciding an application or delaying it without any reason.Nationality is a discretion but it doesn't mean HO can take a **** with an application.Applied,grant or refuse ,make a decision.

*Edited by Moderator, please avoid swearing.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:04 pm

stomn wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:48 am
Which route did you take? Were you on a refugee route before? Usually refugee BC is taking long.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:11 pm

I suggest asking your local MP to find out what the delay is, they have a direct line to Home Office caseworkers.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

stomn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stomn » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Yes, through refugee route.
I wrote letter to my MP, but unfortunatly general election, the parliament has all been dissolved, luckily my old MP still holding his seat no change.
Letter has been wrote to my local councillors, I don't know which is still useful or not, but I just tried all my means anyway.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:40 pm

stomn wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:59 pm
Yes, through refugee route.
I wrote letter to my MP, but unfortunatly general election, the parliament has all been dissolved, luckily my old MP still holding his seat no change.
Letter has been wrote to my local councillors, I don't know which is still useful or not, but I just tried all my means anyway.
Refugee route normally is taking longer. I know many families waiting for around a year or more. I hope you get yours soon. Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Anambra
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Anambra » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Do not make the mistake of taking legal action against the Home Office on account of a delayed decision on your naturalisation application. It is some really strange advice that you should take legal action against them...
Contact your MP once again. Write the Minister for Immigration, your MSP or AM if you live in Scotland or Wales. Check the website of the immigration minister or Home Secretary for when they hold surgeries and try and attend. You don’t necessarily have to announce that you are not their constituent. Call their constituency offices. Go to your local CItizens Advice Bureau, etc. Actions like these are far more sensible than taking the Home Office to court.

stomn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stomn » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:38 pm

Wrote to my local MP. got pretty quick response,said will contact with HO for the enquire, a little bit comfort when I received the letter from MP.
So would recommend write letter to your local MP.
Hopefully can get some positive response from HO next year.

Merry Xmas and Happy new year everyone on this forum.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:40 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

stomn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stomn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Does anyone's application has been delayed more than 2 years, mine has been over 17 months, try to contact online posters who have encountered same delay like me, but poster has been locked, does it mean they all already got their approval letters or still waiting in?
Need some update in here please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:19 pm

We have a couple of members who applied in 2016 and still waiting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stomn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stomn » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:19 pm
We have a couple of members who applied in 2016 and still waiting.
Many posters they are talking about SAR, do you think apply SAR is very useful or just another round of wait game?
Meanwhile, your ID can be checked by post office instead, you don't need spend more money to find solicitor for this regard, I think.

stomn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stomn » Mon May 11, 2020 6:08 pm

Hello everyone,
I just received letter from home office, which says my application has been successful, all we need just certificate to be delivered to us, over the moon just now, all I can say is just need patience, some case is quicker some need more time, I guess because too many applications mad so need more time to get yours.
Hooray! really thanks this forum.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:31 pm

stomn wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:08 pm
Hello everyone,
I just received letter from home office, which says my application has been successful, all we need just certificate to be delivered to us, over the moon just now, all I can say is just need patience, some case is quicker some need more time, I guess because too many applications mad so need more time to get yours.
Hooray! really thanks this forum.
Your certificate is not "delivered" to you. You are only British once you have attended your ceremony, which is where you get the certificate. Ceremonies are currently suspended.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.