ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Six Items of Correspondence question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EveryByway
BANNED
United Kingdom

FLR(M) - Six Items of Correspondence question

Post by EveryByway » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:25 pm

Hello,

My wife and I are currently in the process of submitting a visa application for FLR(M).

She is currently in the UK on a Youth Mobility Scheme visa (Tier 5). We met 4 months into her visa and are now married a 18 months later (so she has 2 months left on her current visa - we are going to apply for Super Priority service).

I am having trouble with the ‘six items of correspondence’ part. My wife has only just moved in with me (literally in the last few weeks since we got married a month ago) so we don’t really have any joint correspondence. Her name is now on the tenancy agreement, and my landlord is happy to write the letter confirming my wife lives with me, but that’s all we have at the moment. I’m getting her name added to the council tax but the letter might not come in time, and all the correspondence would only be over the past couple of weeks anyway - not two years, which is what the application form asks for!

I have lived in this flat for two years on my own - should I submit any correspondence that was just sent to me over this time? Not sure how relevant that is though, as the point of this section is to prove we live together, and my wife has only lived with me for a month.

Could a lack of joint correspondence see our visa application rejected? We don’t have very long until her current visa expires.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) - Six Items of Correspondence question

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:42 pm

Not required for first FLR m visa when switching.

You can simply submit minimal documents in both names since marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.