ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK, we applied to her citizenship from Tier2, can we travel abroad during application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mamezito
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Child born in UK, we applied to her citizenship from Tier2, can we travel abroad during application?

Post by mamezito » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi we have made an application to my daughter, that was born here to get British citizenship from tier2 dependant visa. We as parents got ILR status already . We ve done biometrics for daughter, so application is processing. Question is can we travel abroad using her tier2 visa still or we need to wait for her British passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in UK, we applied to her citizenship from Tier2, can we travel abroad during application?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:29 pm

She can travel as long as she has a valid tier 2 dependent visa to rerun to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mamezito
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: Child born in UK, we applied to her citizenship from Tier2, can we travel abroad during application?

Post by mamezito » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:33 pm

thanx
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:29 pm
She can travel as long as she has a valid tier 2 dependent visa to rerun to the UK.
Thanx, I am not sure whether the visa still valid. It's valid in terms of expiry date, but I left my tier2 employment, not sure what happens with my daughter as tier 2 dependant with that :/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:05 am

It's valid,it doesn't just get cancelled.

Your employment is irrelevant. Tier 2 dependents are not dependent on your tier 2 sponsor, they are dependent on you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.