ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Visit Visa effect EC?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rex

Does Visit Visa effect EC?

Post by Rex » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:34 pm

I got my approval letter on 7th April.
My Visit visa expires on 1st june, now would embassy stamp my EC or i should wait for visit visa expiry as i am eligible to apply for EC till 30th june. I want to travel in july/august i know i have time but i am confused what to do?

As you never know about situation in Pakistan, when some tension arises embassies are closed until the situation is calm.

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Dont be confused Rex, you may find almost every kind of case here on this board. This matter has been discussed last year. There will be no problem on your existing visa. It will remain the same. New HSMP visa will be different in nature and appearance as well.
Just for your further satisfaction.....I am here from last month on HSMP and my passport shows 2 year previous visa on very next page going to expire after HSMP (i.e: August 2006)
Last edited by Mobig on Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Does Visit Visa effect EC?

Post by f2k » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:27 pm

Rex wrote:I got my approval letter on 7th April.
My Visit visa expires on 1st june, now would embassy stamp my EC or i should wait for visit visa expiry as i am eligible to apply for EC till 30th june. I want to travel in july/august i know i have time but i am confused what to do?

As you never know about situation in Pakistan, when some tension arises embassies are closed until the situation is calm.
Dont worry yourself too much. IMHO you have a number of options,
1 You apply for EC in the next few weeks and ask for 'Post-Dated' EC, remembering of course that this is not always given in some embassies.
2 You hold on until June and apply for EC then, of course you will have to keep your ears to the ground in case anything goes wrong.

The fact that you already have visitors visa wont affect your HSMP visa.
Are you in Pakistan now or you are still in Swiss

Rex

Post by Rex » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:00 am

I am in Pakistan not in Swiss.

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:08 am

One cannot be in "Swiss" :-)

Regarding the visitor visa - I also would like to confirm that it has no bearing on HSMP visa. As a matter of fact 2 weeks before getting my HSMP decision I got a visitor visa to visit UK to sit a professional exam and now I have 2 visas in my passport covering the same period - HSMP and visitor. You just need to be careful to call people's attention to the fact that you are on HSMP visa, not visitor, especially at the borders.