ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Please help.

Post by New on forum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi
I need help with applying for pre settled status for my self and my wife.

Background:
Myself : Non EU currently holding 2.5 year LTR valid till august 2020.
Wife is Irish citizen.
We have been married since April 2016.
Considering the cost of renewing my current leave to remain we have decided to apply for pre settled status under eu sett scheme.
I understand that it will be straightforward for my wife application as she is an eu national using the eu exit app.
But I am confused about how to apply for myself using the app as it asks for a BRC which I don't have .
Could anybody please help me with the procedure ?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Please help.

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:22 pm

New on forum wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:06 pm
Hi

Background:
Wife is Irish citizen.
Considering the cost of renewing my current leave to remain we have decided to apply for pre settled status under eu sett scheme.
I understand that it will be straightforward for my wife application as she is an eu national using the eu exit app.
But I am confused about how to apply for myself using the app as it asks for a BRC which I don't have .
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
You can chose the option of document without chip. I am non eu and dont have id with chip. So affter filling application i had to go for biomatrics and passport scan. ( details you will find once you finish your application. It’s straight fwd for non-eu aswell.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Is that option using the same EU exit app?
I couldn't see any option without card there or maybe I just failed to read it properly ?

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:26 pm

New on forum wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:31 pm
Thanks for your reply.
Is that option using the same EU exit app?
I couldn't see any option without card there or maybe I just failed to read it properly ?
Yes its the same app

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:09 pm

Sorry for my dumbness but believe me I have been trying for an hour and wasn't successful finding an option in the app for me.
Soon as I select non eu it asks for BRC to be scanned no other option .
Thanks

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:10 pm

I cant tell you exactly how coz my solicitor did it for me and i have a non-biomatric passport. So it is 100% possible. Plus this same app is for i-phone as well. And iphones dont have nfc for scanning.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:53 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:10 pm
I cant tell you exactly how coz my solicitor did it for me and i have a non-biomatric passport. So it is 100% possible. Plus this same app is for i-phone as well. And iphones dont have nfc for scanning.
My mistake iphone8 and above does support nfc reading

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BellaKris » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:03 am

New on forum wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:06 pm
Hi

Background:
Wife is Irish citizen.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
You can use the app but select the post option which will then ask for all your information before you proceed to the biometric selection. You have the option of scanning your passport at the biometric appointment or sending it directly to home office (but it is usually the former option of scanning).

I would advice that you upload relationship evidence (marriage certificate) and the passport of your irish wife. Don’t forget to include her application number in yours as this is very helpful, although Irish citizens aren’t required to apply cos of their own Agreement with the UK.
Good luck.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:40 am

Thanks for the help.
I have completed the application online and booked the appointment for biometrics will update the progress here.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Technical question .

Post by New on forum » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:10 pm

I have BRP 2.5 year LTR as a partner and a pending application for eu pre settlement status what will be the implications if I travel to my non eu home country before decision on pre settlement application ?
Thanks

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BellaKris » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:52 pm

None at all, as long as you have a visa to return to the UK, so I have been told by Home Office. You can still call them to confirm.

There is also no hurry to travel till after your application, as you could received a call from them and you wouldn’t want to miss it.

Good luck.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:00 pm

Will my current not be cancelled if application is decgranted while I am away ?

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:23 am

I did read somwhere that travelling will not effect your pending application. Hope someone can confirm

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:55 am

Yes it will not automatically withdraw my eu application but if it's decided in my absence then it's going to cancel my current for fp Visa or not that's my dilemma I am struggling to find answer for .
Thanks