ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed - Self Assessment still not available

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Andreskdr
Newly Registered

Gaps in NI Contribution - Good Character Requirement

Post by Andreskdr » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:23 am

I have ILR since 2017 and now planning to apply for Citizenship in February this year. However, checking my National Insurance details, I realised that have gaps in the years 2007,2008 and 2009. This happened because at that time, I was student, survived with loans and credits and didn't contribute enough. From 2010 onwards started working and have all tax years complete until now. I am concerned that those gaps in the past years will affect the Good Character Requirement for my application...

Any advise will be mostly welcome.

Many thanks!

Andreskdr.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Gaps in NI Contribution - Good Character Requirement

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:55 am

I am concerned that those gaps in the past years will affect the Good Character Requirement for my application...
It won't!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Andreskdr
Newly Registered

Self Employed - Self Assessment still not available

Post by Andreskdr » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:26 pm

I became self-employed last year in June.

I am filling my application online now (02/20) and got the questions about my employment. If I select "self-employed" then in my documents list I am asked to provide the Self-Assessment form. However, I still haven't received because the tax year ends in April... And before I was employee.

Should I then select the option "Employee" and show my latest tax year (2018-2019) which is the last one available?

Any advise will be mostly appreciated

Thanks!

vaza
Cayman Islands

Re: Self Employed - Self Assessment still not available

Post by vaza » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:18 am

I assume they say "self assessment statement". Login to hmrc.gov.uk and print a statement of the current year showing you are registered as self-employed and don't owe any tax.

If you haven't registered yet, you'd better do that and be careful with the dates. If you have income, you were probably self-employed then. Expenses can be business setup.