ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Obie
Ireland

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Please @Zambrano_ombudsman I have stated that this thread is not for legal argument, otherwise it will degenerate into something that was not intended.

Timelines, decisions, prior to receipt of application and thereafter. Outcome of application and reason for refusal.

Please try and restrain yourself.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:45 pm

Hi everyone
My drf1 application came as redused with reason patel vsss as i have not made attemt to under uk law. I have right of apeal how i can do it now. Solicitor?
Hadjer can u plz update ur submission plz.
I want to make paper apeal.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:42 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:45 pm
Hi everyone
My drf1 application came as redused with reason patel vsss as i have not made attemt to under uk law. I have right of apeal how i can do it now. Solicitor?
Hadjer can u plz update ur submission plz.
I want to make paper apeal.
Mubashir

Dont panick. I know Home Office hasnt updated their guidance and caseworkers not informed what to do.

I have sent you a message to your email

Is a win win case. Take your chance else it will affect your settled status

Chris90
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chris90 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:25 pm

I rang today, was told basically in my words.. my supporting docs have been or is being varified, my application looks fine, nothing to worry about, a case worker will contact with a decision or if they need anything shortly, the usual excuses...

The thing is I am certain home office shortly means something totally different. Still hanging on however, let's see what happens in a few weeks

Best wishes

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:25 pm
I rang today, was told basically in my words.. my supporting docs have been or is being varified, my application looks fine, nothing to worry about, a case worker will contact with a decision or if they need anything shortly, the usual excuses...

The thing is I am certain home office shortly means something totally different. Still hanging on however, let's see what happens in a few weeks

Best wishes
Chris90

Be strong. Is a mind game. A chess board

Dont give in
Dont jerk it in
Dont submit
Dont quit

Everything will be ok

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi all, I have been following but just posting for the first time. I called the EU resolution centre shortly before 8pm this evening (I call them once or twice every week) and was told (as usual) that - your application is in progress, sorry for the delay, paper application takes time. I refused to accept that and told her that has been all I have been told every time I called. I told her that unfortunately I don’t even trust home office anymore because that years ago despite the fact I was a Zambrano carer but didn’t have a Derivative card and my son had his BRITISH passport, CAPITAL still wrote me a letter asking me to leave or I would be removed. I told her I did my Biometrics since December but still no COA received. She told me that I should keep an eye on my email and my phone that home office will update me on the progress of my application. I asked her how will home office contact me with updates when they haven’t even bothered to send me a COA?. She then put me on hold to check the progress of my application but when she later asked me when my biometrics was done, I thought to myself how come she checked my application progress and was still asking when I did my biometrics?. So after telling her about my December biometrics I refused to put down the phone, she told me COA takes up to 15days after biometrics, I told her mine was past 15 days. She told me it was on case by case basis, I told her others with same case as mine ( sole primary carer of a BRITISH child) have received their COA. When she saw I wasn’t giving up she told me to hold on that she would talk to her Manager. Finally she came back (by then we were over 25minutes on the phone) and told me she would send an email to the “Quality department or Quality Control (can’t remember which but know it was Quality something), she then send she will ask them to send me a COA. I thought to myself that these people are not serious at all. What even made me not to give up was the fact that the guy I spoke with earlier this week asked me “what document did you submit with your application?’ I told him ‘my biometric card’ and he just as usual said there was no time frame, I should keep on eye on my email and phone. Imagine.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:51 pm

I posted my application on 4th Dec,2019, Home Office received on the 5th Dec,2019. My biometric card and son’s passport were sent off to me on the 19th of December and I received them on the 20th Dec,2019. Since then nothing from them.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:04 pm

My biometrics letter came with my card and son’s passport on 20th dec,2019. I did my biometrics on 30th Dec,2019

mummy21
United Kingdom

Post by mummy21 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 pm

Please help

I submitted on 15th July
Received biometrics letter on 29th July
COA on 14th August 2019

I'm the primary carer to a British minor citizen with no current leave o remain. I did not apply for drf(1) as I was told by Home Office it no longer existed and to apply to EU Settlement scheme .

Anyway my landlord wanted proof of my right to be in the UK and I gave him a copy of my COA. He accepted this and in December asked about my status. I said I am still waiting on the Home Office. He said it seemed suspicious for it to take so long as the news outlets were saying maximum 1 month waiting time. I encouraged him to call Home Office o check this was a genuine COA and paper applications were taking longer.

Well he called HO and was told noone who has genuinely applied has a COA longer for a month even if they have a paper applications and he might have been conned. The landlord played this recording or me as proof and asked me to vacate the property. Would not let me call in his presence as he had had enough of people lying to him.

So I'm living with friends now. How can the HO do this.? I want to cimplain but am scared that will lead to them deciding against me as I did not apply for leave using the domestic route.

Any advice appreciated

mummy21
United Kingdom

Post by mummy21 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:24 pm

I'm sleeping on the floor with a 14month old baby couch surfing.

All I want is the right to be here so I can work and support my child.

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:56 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:24 pm
I'm sleeping on the floor with a 14month old baby couch surfing.

All I want is the right to be here so I can work and support my child.
Look at how they are destroying people’s lives where is this heading to and going to end ?so sorry this is happening to you I really hope and pray you find a solution and that they answer you quickly my heart goes out to you and that angel

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:11 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 pm
Please help

I submitted on 15th July
COA on 14th August 2019

I'm the primary carer to a British minor citizen with no current leave o remain. I did not apply for drf(1) as I was told by Home Office it no longer existed and to apply to EU Settlement scheme .

Anyway my landlord wanted proof of my right to be in the UK and I gave him a copy of my COA. He accepted this and in December asked about my status. I said I am still waiting on the Home Office. He said it seemed suspicious for it to take so long as the news outlets were saying maximum 1 month waiting time. I encouraged him to call Home Office o check this was a genuine COA and paper applications were taking longer.

Well he called HO and was told noone who has genuinely applied has a COA longer for a month even if they have a paper applications and he might have been conned. The landlord played this recording or me as proof and asked me to vacate the property. Would not let me call in his presence as he had had enough of people lying to him.

So I'm living with friends now. How can the HO do this.? I want to cimplain but am scared that will lead to them deciding against me as I did not apply for leave using the domestic route.

Any advice appreciated
I think you should complain to let them know how a delay in issuing you with either a pre-settle or a settle status is affecting your both you and your British child. Click on page 45 of this forum, user named Zambrano_ ombudsman has been kind enough to give out a sample complain letter, use that as a template and email the Home office with that one adding your details where you are supposed to and hopefully they will resolve your situation very soon.
Besides you should involve your MP, either email or call your MP informing him or her how dire your situation is especially since you have a vulnerable person (a child ) involved.
If lots of us complain the Home office is bound to respond positively.
Good Luck and hope you case is resolved soon.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:20 am

Hi, mummy21, so sorry to hear that. Please also call them again today, tell them of your landlord’s call and reply, then insist on speaking to a manager. Tell them how it is affecting you and your child. Tell the Manager how it is affecting you too. Do that, along with complaining to both home office and your MP. Let’s see what happens. Of course they have backlog of applications but my gut tells me some of the case workers are not working as hard as they claim. Even the people at the resolution center are not working as hard as they claim.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:26 am

If we keep formally complaining, using the right procedure, they will be forced to act. So sad to hear so many are sofa surfing.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:39 am

Mummy21, please be strong, I was in the exact same situation 3 years ago, didn’t know about this forum then. I had no papers, out of desperation I went to Croydon with my toddler to seek asylum, I was crying. That was when I found out there were lots of agency workers there at home office, who didn’t even know their left from their right. One of them spoke loudly to my child when she was trying to take the passport photograph to produce an asylum ID card for my child. Then a real staff came and asked her ‘Are you threatening a BRITISH child?’. Afterwards senior home office staff, (a lady), came and apologised to me ‘for the mistake they made by making an asylum ID card for my ‘BRITISH child’ and told me that my child is not an asylum seeker. I ended up in Birmingham with my child for almost 3 months and my child developed allergy issues, I was always crying and almost losing my mind until a charity worker at the asylum centre , saw my child’s passport and told me I wasn’t meant to be there. She emailed a charity lawyer and BAM, BAM, BAM the lawyer gave it to home Office. He told home Office I was a Zambrano carer, that I had the Derivative right the moment I gave birth to a BRITISH child, that I didn’t need a derivative card to become a Zambrano carer but just needed it to travel and blasted them for letting me seek asylum at Croydon. Home Office woke up from their slumber, within 24hrs home Office asked the asylum accommodation team to find me a house in London near my son’s nursery. The charity lawyer withdrew my asylum claim. He then wrote pages of letter immediately to my council- ‘my child vs the council’ , he blasted the council for letting a child in need and mother to be in a desperate situation. He gave the council 7days or he will take them to court. Everything happened so fast. I left Birmingham immediately, came back to London and the council was already looking for me to accommodate us. I am telling you this to encourage you not to give up, keep complaining through the right channel, keep calling the resolution centre and keep calling your MP.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:52 am

Mummy21, google for Charities that help people with No Recourse To Public Funds. Don’t be scared. They will help you. Your child is still small. Please don’t get depressed, I have been there before.

Billyosa
Ghana

Post by Billyosa » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:23 am

mummy21 wrote:
Please help

I submitted on 15th July
COA on 14th August 2019

Any advice appreciated
hmmm so sorry you are going through this... I also doubt if your Landlord called the right people, because it's never through COA should last for 1 Month. even the minimum is 6 months.
These tyrants at HO are killing people softly.
God will make a way when there seems to be no way, so be rest assured you smile very soon.

mummy21
United Kingdom

Post by mummy21 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:48 am

Thank you everyone.

I will definitely complain.

Unfortunately my son does not have his British passport. I used his father's indefinite leave to remain BRP to apply to the EU Scheme. His father has tried to apply for my son's passport but does not know anyone who has a British passport and is on the list of professionals to countersign his passport. I have a copy of his BRP now alongside my son's birth certificate to prove my son is a British citizen.

I have been contacting charities who help people with no recourse to public funds but I have struggled to find help.

Hopefully complaining will help. My health visitor told me to not tell anyone of my accommodation issues as the council is obliged to help my British child and not me so would take my child info care until I sort out my accommodation issues. This has obviously terrified me and made me reluctant to approach the council in any capacity. My GP also told me to go back to my country if I cannot afford to live here when I went to get help with PND given all the issues I am going through I am depressed. The authorities have treated me so badly in this country.il

I have sent the complaint to Home Office and my MP.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 am

Mummy 21, the passport photograph can be countersigned by the Post Office . There are now post offices designated to do it but you pay, I think is not up to 20pounds. Ask your local Post Office or check online on the post office services website. There is a number there to call and find out those post offices that offer passport signing services. Maybe the post office where you did your biometrics does it. Please check with them. Keep being strong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:21 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 am
Mummy 21, the passport photograph can be countersigned by the Post Office . There are now post offices designated to do it but you pay, I think is not up to 20pounds. Ask your local Post Office or check online on the post office services website. There is a number there to call and find out those post offices that offer passport signing services. Maybe the post office where you did your biometrics does it. Please check with them. Keep being strong.
You are confusing things. The post office cannot sign as a professional referee for a passport application. You are referring to certifying documents/copies which the post office can do, which is not the same thing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:49 am

Oopsy, I am very sorry please, Confused.com, yes you are right. I have just read the post office website thoroughly, they don’t do it.

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:12 am

mummy21 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:48 am
Thank you everyone.

I will definitely complain.

Unfortunately my son does not have his British passport. I used his father's indefinite leave to remain BRP to apply to the EU Scheme. His father has tried to apply for my son's passport but does not know anyone who has a British passport and is on the list of professionals to countersign his passport. I have a copy of his BRP now alongside my son's birth certificate to prove my son is a British citizen.

I have been contacting charities who help people with no recourse to public funds but I have struggled to find help.

Hopefully complaining will help. My health visitor told me to not tell anyone of my accommodation issues as the council is obliged to help my British child and not me so would take my child info care until I sort out my accommodation issues. This has obviously terrified me and made me reluctant to approach the council in any capacity. My GP also told me to go back to my country if I cannot afford to live here when I went to get help with PND given all the issues I am going through I am depressed. The authorities have treated me so badly in this country.il

I have sent the complaint to Home Office and my MP.
Hi mummy21,

I'm sorry about your current situation but I I think your health visitor is wrong that they might take your child off you if you complained about your accommodation. I was in a similar position 3.5 years ago, my British child was on 5months when I went to the council and I was handed over to social service. At the time, I had no status at all but social service gave us accommodation and for feeding. They also gave me a support letter for my application. 2.5year leave to remain was approved months after submitting fee waiver form. You can inbox me for more details if u need to chat privately I can tell u how I went about me. Social service have duty of care to your child they wouldn't take your child off you because there's no safeguarding issues and it's cheaper for them. They pay foster carer £400 a week here and they will rather find me a cheap accommodation and fasten my Visa than paying that money, since no safeguarding issues on ground. I wish you all the best sis, be strong for your child.

Darasimidd
United Kingdom

Post by Darasimidd » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:19 am

I got my previous 2.5 year leave to remain 4 month after I submitted fee waiver and leave to remain application. It was really quick because we were in care of social service only for financial support. If you don't have any previous safeguarding issues with them, I will encourage you seek support because your child is too young to be sleeping on the floor. Most importantly, put everything in God's hand

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:26 am

mummy21 wrote:
Please help

I submitted on 15th July
COA on 14th August 2019

Any advice appreciated
Hi
Sorry to hear this plight of Yours. Very shameful. The problem we have in the UK is not the law but the People who use the law.

You and your child whether british child or not should not have gone through discrimination.

Anyway your right is enshrined under
CHILDREN 'S ACT AND SOCIAL SERVICES ACT SECTION 17 FOR YOUR CHILD AND SECTION 21 FOR YOU. Your rights is also enshrined under article 3 of the human right Act and United nations Charter section 3 the right of a child then lastly section 55 of the best interests of a child in the UK.

Go to your council and ask demand to see NRPF TEAM ASAP. Let them know that they have the responsibility under these laws to look after you and the child.

Do a search on NRPF at your local borough. Word of caution, they are at brutal too but keep up the pressure.

If you live in Croydon then i can help you through

Cheers

mummy21
United Kingdom

Post by mummy21 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:47 am

Thank you all for your responses.

I am sure my HV is wrong. It is just difficult to believe when you go through all this, you really start to avoid people in authority who say and do these things you have real doubt and feel like you cannot challenge them as you have no right to be here. I have no safeguarding issues prior to this.

I have complained to HO and my MP. I will see if I can approach the council next.