ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Prettymum » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:45 am

Zadith14 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:28 am
lichzz wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:38 pm
I submit biometric on 2, Nov and COA on 6,Nov.
Since then I haven’t hear anything. Not even requiring information.
Same here. My husband(non eu family member of Eu national)had his biometric appointment for his pre-settlement status on the 8th Jan 2020 and received his COA a week later. So far we have been waiting and nothing yet.
I am note sure whether it speeds the process if we give them a call. Does anyone know?

We were also thinking to have a short trip to Europe such as Paris or Belgium to visit family once he receives his BRC. Would him require a spare visa or he can travel with BRC?

He will be able to travel with his BRC

arden
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by arden » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:49 am

Hi everyone,

It's really helpful to read all your posts! :D I'm an EU national, but my husband isn't, and this is the summary of his application:

First time in the UK: 2012, Tier 4
Job in the UK: Tier 2 (still valid)
Married EU national: July 2018
EU national granted settled status: June 2019
EU Settlement application as Non-EU spouse: early October 2019
Sent BRP and received it back within a week
Biometrics: haven't been called to provide them
COA: haven't received it
Decision: pending

Maybe it's 'normal' for it to take this long (+3 months) without any further communication, not even for biometrics, but as I see it, it's not a particularly complicated case. I was granted settled status before he submitted his application, we attached a marriage certificate (+ oficial translation obviously), and all the other documents, so I'm a bit puzzled that he hasn't even been called to provide his biometrics, or extra documentation in case they needed more, no COA, nor any further communication.

All the best to everyone! :)

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:12 pm

Did you apply online for him?
If yes I thought at the end of the application you'll been given a link to book your biometric appointment with UKVCAS Sopra Steria.
That's how I did mine as my wife is also EU national with settled status, we had a son in 2016 and married in 2019.
I did my biometrics yesterday

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:15 pm

arden wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:49 am
Hi everyone,

It's really helpful to read all your posts! :D I'm an EU national, but my husband isn't, and this is the summary of his application:

Maybe it's 'normal' for it to take this long (+3 months) without any further communication, not even for biometrics, but as I see it, it's not a particularly complicated case. I was granted settled status before he submitted his application, we attached a marriage certificate (+ oficial translation obviously), and all the other documents, so I'm a bit puzzled that he hasn't even been called to provide his biometrics, or extra documentation in case they needed more, no COA, nor any further communication.

Did you apply online for him?
If yes I thought at the end of the application you'll been given a link to book your biometric appointment with UKVCAS Sopra Steria.
That's how I did mine as my wife is also EU national with settled status and I'm not, we had a son in 2016 and married in 2019.
I did my biometrics yesterday

Zadith14
United Kingdom

Post by Zadith14 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Looks like his application i's in progress.
Did he not book for biometric appointment? When my husband did his application, he was directed to another website where he requires to book for his biometric appointment. Some of the appointment was chargeable so he booked a January appointment which was free.

Zadith14
United Kingdom

Post by Zadith14 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:56 pm

arden wrote:
Hi everyone,

Looks like his application i's in progress.
Did he not book for biometric appointment? When my husband did his application, he was directed to another website where he was able to book for his biometric appointment. Some of the appointments was chargeable so he booked a January appointment which was free.
He received his COA a week later after his biometric appointment. Now all we do is wait

Zadith14
United Kingdom

Post by Zadith14 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:03 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:45 am
Zadith14 wrote:
lichzz wrote:
Same here. My husband(non eu family member of Eu national)had his biometric appointment for his pre-settlement status on the 8th Jan 2020 and received his COA a week later. So far we have been waiting and nothing yet.
I am note sure whether it speeds the process if we give them a call. Does anyone know?

We were also thinking to have a short trip to Europe such as Paris or Belgium to visit family once he receives his BRC. Would him require a spare visa or he can travel with BRC?

Thank you for your response:). Good to know he can travel with BRC.

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm

Finally heard back today asking for more information :roll:

They apparently needed more residence information for my EU partner, although all the info was available on the JOINT bank account statements I submitted in my application way back in November. So I outdid myself and uploaded probably 15 statements for our joint account from the previous 5.5 years. I'm sure I can count on another 9 weeks before they get around to reviewing these documents....

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dk seema » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:14 pm

DanielD1980 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 pm

They apparently needed more residence information for my EU partner, although all the info was available on the JOINT bank account statements I submitted in my application way back in November. So I outdid myself and uploaded probably 15 statements for our joint account from the previous 5.5 years. I'm sure I can count on another 9 weeks before they get around to reviewing these documents....
Hi how r u
Could u please share your timeline
Thanks

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm

DanielD1980 wrote:

Thats not good. What other documents did you uploaded ? Upon previous calls did they asked for these documents?
Did you apply for settled or pre- settled??

John500
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by John500 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Hi guys

My spouse applied early November , we recieved the confirmation of the application 13th november , in the email it says decisions can take up to 12 weeks , in 2 weeks time it will have been 12 weeks (3 months),

My question is are the 12 weeks normal weeks or are only working days calculated ?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:14 pm

John500 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:51 pm
Hi guys

My spouse applied early November , we recieved the confirmation of the application 13th november , in the email it says decisions can take up to 12 weeks , in 2 weeks time it will have been 12 weeks (3 months),

My question is are the 12 weeks normal weeks or are only working days calculated ?

Mostly for non-eu people its taking 60-70 according what we see here on immigration board. But in few cases some people reported 6 months but that is rare. So it should not be that long better give them a call and check the status.

Zadith14
United Kingdom

Post by Zadith14 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:59 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:14 pm
John500 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:51 pm
Hi guys

Mostly for non-eu people its taking 60-70 according what we see here on immigration board. But in few cases some people reported 6 months but that is rare. So it should not be that long better give them a call and check the status.
Thanks for the time frame. My husband is a non eu national who applied for pre-settlement status early December 2019. I called visa resolution line who informed us that they can't give us a definite time frame of a decision but reassured that the application is being considered so we should continue to wait. Hope we get a decision before March 2020 as we plan to go for a short vacation.

docado
Scotland

Post by docado » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:16 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new on the forum, I applied for settlement scheme as non-eu family member of an EU citizen. I have 6 months EEA family permit. When I filled application on the start it was the option to check that identity verification by post which I checked, however at the end of application I was not directed to post ID document. Am I doing any mistake? Biometrics already done.
Would anyone please explain the matter. Did it happen to someone else?Thank you very much in advance and good luck to everyone!

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:12 am

docado wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:16 pm
Hello Everyone,
I am new on the forum, I applied for settlement scheme as non-eu family member of an EU citizen. I have 6 months EEA family permit. When I filled application on the start it was the option to check that identity verification by post which I checked, however at the end of application I was not directed to post ID document. Am I doing any mistake? Biometrics already done.
Would anyone please explain the matter. Did it happen to someone else?Thank you very much in advance and good luck to everyone!
M not sure but id with chip you dont need to send it. But its better to call resolution centre and follow their instructions to save the time rather doing guess work!

docado
Scotland

Post by docado » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:39 am

SwedenSap wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:02 pm
timeline:
Applied online - 30th March
Biometric enrolment appointment - 12th April
COA - waiting.
Hi SwedensSap,
Can you guide me about identity verification by post? I didn't get instructions to send passport upon submission of application. How is this thing? Thanks alot

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm
DanielD1980 wrote:

Thats not good. What other documents did you uploaded ? Upon previous calls did they asked for these documents?
I applied for settled status and can't even remember what I uploaded before. But I had clearly reached the 10 document limit on the first application or I would have added more had I known you can.

SIDE NOTE: if you need to upload additional documents after you submit, YOU CAN. They don't make this very clear, but it is possible.

TIMELINE:
2009 Arrived in UK, granted a 5-year non-biometric Res Card as the spouse of an EU citizen (Irish, so he doesn't need to apply)
2014 Applied for a second 5-year non-biometric res card as I was out of the country for a year
21 November 2019 applied for settled status as the spouse of an EU citizen.
25 November 2019 - biometrics
10 December 2019 - Certificate of Application
13 January 2020 - emailed Home Office to chase up my application and received generic response
28 January 2020 - received email from Home Office asking for further documentation of my partner's residence (despite uploading JOINT bank account statements for the period covered).
Uploaded about 12 documents confirming my partner's residence and identity yesterday so now to wait again.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:02 pm

DanielD1980 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
DanielD1980 wrote:

I applied for settled status and can't even remember what I uploaded before. But I had clearly reached the 10 document limit on the first application or I would have added more had I known you can.

SIDE NOTE: if you need to upload additional documents after you submit, YOU CAN. They don't make this very clear, but it is possible.

TIMELINE:
2009 Arrived in UK, granted a 5-year non-biometric Res Card as the spouse of an EU citizen (Irish, so he doesn't need to apply)
2014 Applied for a second 5-year non-biometric res card as I was out of the country for a year
13 January 2020 - emailed Home Office to chase up my application and received generic response
28 January 2020 - received email from Home Office asking for further documentation of my partner's residence (despite uploading JOINT bank account statements for the period covered).
Uploaded about 12 documents confirming my partner's residence and identity yesterday so now to wait again.
Hi what documents are acceptable by home Office in terms of partner residency??
Any type of bill / tenancy agreement???

carol610098938
Newly Registered
China

Post by carol610098938 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:37 pm

arden wrote:
Hi everyone,

hello
I am facing the same situation with you, the reason they are still holding this case is because we were using BRP to apply not passport or BRC, they are having tech issue to recognise BRP now, so our case are not even in the process, I had a few calls, they still want me to wait, hope we can get update soon. good luck

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:45 pm
carol610098938 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:57 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 am
carol610098938 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:01 pm
hello everyone
Hope you are going well
just finished reading the whole 63 pages of post, found no situation is similar with me, i really need your help, here is my story.

i am a non-EU married to a EU citizen.
I applied for pre-EU settlement before my partner, maybe it sounds weird, but my lawyer said its okey, I submit on 22/11/2019.

And post my passport and BRP at 26/11/2019(i got an email ask me to since they want more evidence), they got it at 27/11/2019, got my passport and BRP back three working days later, since then I didn't get anything.

I dont know how to book an appointment for boimetric(i guess i need to get a letter?) I don't even know what CoA looks like :x,

after one month waiting, I think maybe something is wrong with what I did, then I ask my partner to apply for pre-settlement and linked my application number with his number.

today is 25/01/2020, I still get nothing, feel so upset, hope I can get some news about my application.

If anyone face the same situation with me? or anyone can give me any advice?

and GOOD LUCK to everyone as well. Thank you.
I have also applied before my eu partner. She does not want to apply at this point. But i guess this is not the requirement. Coz i have been on call several times but on other hand waiting for decision aswell.
thank you so much for sharing, can you share your timeline as well, thank you
Applied 18 nov
Coa dec 10
Waiting for decision
Called again today.
They said after your last call and waiting period your case was escalated and today it was moved to the final stage where they will make a decision upon your provided documents. All other checks are complete. So i can say you will hear from us in few days just keep eye on your email.
I am really desperate due to some personal issues. So it gives me little satisfaction upon calling them even i know that their answer will be the same. Hope to hear possitve soon.God no more wait please 🤲

Sk13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sk13 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:43 am

Hi everyone

I did call to home office today .I asked them to tell me stage of my application they said it's at final stage with caseworker and the caseworker will review it soon and let you know the decision within few days. Same as Mr Ali says a bit satisfied now hope soon will know the decision soon.
All other checks are completed*****

Applied 19 Nov 2019
Coa 13 Dec 2019

DanielD1980
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DanielD1980 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Alijee786 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:02 pm
DanielD1980 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Alijee786 wrote:
DanielD1980 wrote:

TIMELINE:
Hi what documents are acceptable by home Office in terms of partner residency??
Any type of bill / tenancy agreement???
I would assume any sort of proof of residence that includes both your partner's name and address as well as a date that covers their residency period. E.g. contracts, bank statements, letter from GP, letter from dentist, tenancy agreement, payslips with address included, HMRC tax summaries, benefits letters; things like that.

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:41 pm

My EEA national family member applied on the below timeline.

Applied online: 23rd January. Uploaded evidence of 5 year residence.
Email from HO yesterday dated 29th January confirming Settled status.

So less than a week for him. I have applied but need to post my BRC as the chip was unreadable, I hope it doesn't take long to get a decision.

Dk seema
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Dk seema » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:56 pm

Called again today
Same answer it’s with case worker and they will be in touch with you if they need anything 😂

lisa193
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lisa193 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Zadith14 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:03 pm
Prettymum wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:45 am
Zadith14 wrote:
lichzz wrote:

Thank you for your response:). Good to know he can travel with BRC.
But the BRC that you get on the settlement scheme doesn't grant one the right to enter the Schengen area.