ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Registration Application Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helios3
United Kingdom

Newborn British Passport Query/T-1 Ent 50k route ILR Approved

Post by helios3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi Admins,

I received my T-1 Ent 50k route ILR this week. I received it 4 months after application.

My newborn baby was born 25 days before I received my ILR. I have below Questions please

1- Is my newborn baby eligible to apply directly for British Passport since he was born within month of Parent getting my ILR?

2- OR Do I have to apply for Naturalization using MN1 form and pay fee £1015?

3- Also I read somewhere that COURT has asked HO to NOT take naturalization fee for babies born in UK? Is that true or do I have to pay the fee?

4- If applied for newborn naturalization, how much time will it take it come before I apply for newborn's passport? will it take 4 months like my application or it will be quick in case of newborn?

Kindly advise. Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Newborn British Passport Query/T-1 Ent 50k route ILR Approved

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:40 pm

1- Is my newborn baby eligible to apply directly for British Passport since he was born within month of Parent getting my ILR?
No as the baby was born before you were settled. The baby must be registered as British first using form MN1
2- OR Do I have to apply for Naturalization using MN1 form and pay fee £1015?
Yes. Children do NOT naturalise, they are registered.
3- Also I read somewhere that COURT has asked HO to NOT take naturalization fee for babies born in UK? Is that true or do I have to pay the fee?
There has been no changes so far. That judgment also is being appealed by HO.
4- If applied for newborn naturalization, how much time will it take it come before I apply for newborn's passport? will it take 4 months like my application or it will be quick in case of newborn?
No timeframe. It can take between 3 to 6 months or even more. When you get the registration certificate, then you can apply for a passport
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:12 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thank you for your reply.

Ok so I will register my newborn through MN1 form.

On other thing I wanted to ask is that any stage be it MN1 newborn registration or British passport application of newborn after MN1 registration process, do I have to send my original ILR BRP?

I am asking this because I have work travel plans so don’t want to get bound by this.
My spouse is still on dependent visa so can’t provider her BRP for MN1/passport application of newborn.

Please advise what should I do to speed up the process. Is there any 24 hours service for it?

Many thanks for your support

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:51 pm

Nationality applications do not have priority service. They are all processed within the standard timeframe (normally within 6 months)
No original document is submitted as it is done via UKVCAS just like ILR. However for passport applications, original documents must be sent to HMPO directly (Passport applications take between 2-3 weeks on average)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:10 pm

Thank you so much Zimba.
You are always helpful.

Thanks

helios3
United Kingdom

Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen Query

Post by helios3 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 am

Hi Zimba et All Admins,

I am Applying for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen. My child was born in the UK in Dec 2019 AND I received my ILR in Jan 2020.
So I have to apply for MN1 registration of my child, thanks to 'Zimba' for confirming this in an earlier post. Now I have filled the MN1 form and have below queries before I submit the application.

1- My child has no passport but only the National ID card of my native Asian Country. So there is a Question in the MN1 form which ask about the 'Other Nationality', So I have put there that my child has National ID Card of that 'Country' but no Passport/Travel Document. I also have mentioned the ID Card Number. Is that OK?

2- In the document check list, it is asking for '' Proof of FATHER's parental responsibility for Child'. Will this be the birth Certificate?

3- In the document check list, it is asking for '' Proof of MOTHER's parental responsibility for Child'. Will this be the birth Certificate AGAIN?

4- A letter of consent from Child's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) - What is this? Should we both write a letter saying we do not have any issue as CHILD is registering for British Citizenship? OR it should be from my Spouse ONLY since my child is applying based on my ILR and not through my Spouse.

5- Two referee declarations for CHILD - I have provided 1 referee as our Family Friend who is a British Citizen. And 2nd referee as my Accountant (as it said member of professional body), accountant is also a British Citizen. Is that OK?

6- Apart from the above, I will provide my ILR BRP, Passport, Marriage Certificate.

7- My Spouse is still on dependent visa. Do I need to provide their Passport & BRP Card as well?

8- Do I need to provide my Proof of Address such as 'Tenancy Agreement' or 'Council Tax Bill'.

9- Do I need to provide My Personal Bank Statements of last 90 Days?

10 -Any other Document needs to be provided with the application?

11- Should I wait for sometime that MN1 Child Registration Fee may be Scrapped by HO or the Court proceedings can take time?

I am SORRY for so many Questions but your Kind help is required. Thanks

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen Query

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:41 am

Topics merged!!

1. A UK born child does not need a passport. Simply state the nationality. Id card does not have to be submitted, it is irrelevant.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Both parents.

5. Should be fine.

6. Fine.

7. No.

8. No.

9. No.

10. You need to follow the checklist. Minimal documents are required.

11. Ho will likely appeal the judgement. No indication if or when the fees will be changed or scrapped. Your choice if you choose to wait but it could be many months
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi CR001 & Admins,

As per your kind and detailed reply, I have 3 queries please.

1- once MN1 registration application is submitted online, is there a deadline for documents/picture submission let’s say 30-60 days? And if not given in due time then the application will be cancelled? I am asking because the Sopra Steria website is showing free appointments after 3-4 weeks. They are charging if I go for an early appointment. Please advise.

2- once MN1 application and documents are submitted at their centre. Can my child travel to our native country on that country’s passport? (Can have dual nationality) And his MN1 registration application will be considered withdrawn?

3- if It is ok to travel as per Q2, then once MN1 application decision comes, then I can apply his British passport within UK online as for this my child doesn’t have to go for picture taken and document submission to Sopra Steria office.

Please advise. Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:54 pm

1. You get around 40 days
2. There is no travel restriction. Nationality applications are NOT withdrawn if you travel :!:
3. Applying for passport online is a separate process. You have to deal with HMPO directly

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:54 pm
1. You get around 40 days
2. There is no travel restriction. Nationality applications are NOT withdrawn if you travel :!:
3. Applying for passport online is a separate process. You have to deal with HMPO directly
Hi Zimba/Admins,

Thanks Zimba for your reply, In reference to your Reply No. 2 & 3 - my newborn child can travel out of the UK on other passport (Not UK) after submitting/biometrics MN1 form. But offcourse child cannot return to the UK until he gets UK Passport?

And for UK Passport, I can apply for child's UK Passport ONLINE within UK once his MN1 registration application gets approved. For that if child is not in UK is fine?
OR
after MN1 registration approval, child's passport can be applied from outside UK (Native home country's UK Embassy)?
I understand that child can come back to UK once this whole process is completed.

Plesae advise.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the end of the MN1 application form, there is a Question:

''I am the applicant''
OR
'' I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them'
'

Which option should I use since this is application of my newborn child and I am the father filling and submitting it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newborn Child Current Nationality Question - I answered it 'YES' as they have my native country's National ID Card only and do not have that country's passport. ok?

Do you have a passport or travel document Question - I put 'NO' as child has only ID card of Native Country and I did not apply for that country's passport as we will be apply for child's British passport once MN1 registration application gets approved.
Is that OK?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another Questions asks ''Have you lived at your current address for 5 years? ''
- I answered this to 'Yes' since child is only born a month ago. There is no option to add this there, Is that OK?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MN1 registration fee s £1012 as per gov.uk website, But in the application form, it is asking £1031 to pay. Do you know why?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many Many Many thanks for always replying and helping me.
I am really grateful.

Best Regards,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:59 pm

Child can only get back to the UK if a British passport is issued. I suggest to apply child passport online.
On the MN1 form, choos you are the applicant. You other answers are good. The fee also includes the Biometrics collection fee of £19.20

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:59 pm
Child can only get back to the UK if a British passport is issued. I suggest to apply child passport online.
On the MN1 form, choos you are the applicant. You other answers are good. The fee also includes the Biometrics collection fee of £19.20
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH ZIMBA.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi Zimba/Admins,
Zimba wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:59 pm
Thanks for the above response. So to an earlier Question in this thread, I asked:

Two referee declarations for CHILD - I have provided 1 referee as our Family Friend who is a British Citizen. And 2nd referee as my Accountant (as it said member of professional body), accountant is also a British Citizen. Is that OK?

To this CR001 replied - 'should be fine'

But when I downloaded the referee forms online, it says, please see below:

Requirements of a referee:
Each referee should know the applicant personally.
Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who
has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health
visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

so as per the above from HO, my accountant reference for my child will not work? If not then should I ask child's GP/health Visitor? not sure if they will provide it. who else can provide it?

And 2nd referee is our 'Family Friend' who is a British National so it should be fine. Right?

Please can you advise on this.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:36 am

The professional referee for children must have interacted with the child in a professional capacity. You can use a regular professional if you show that you tried and failed to secure such referee.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:41 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:36 am
The professional referee for children must have interacted with the child in a professional capacity. You can use a regular professional if you show that you tried and failed to secure such referee.
Thanks Zimba, when you say ''You can use a regular professional if you show that you tried and failed to secure such referee'', should I write it a Cover Letter to show that I asked GP and they refused? I mean how to show, by mentioning it in a cover letter by applicant/Parent. Right?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:49 pm

Collect evidence. Show that you requested them to be referees and they refused.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:19 pm

Thanks Zimba,

Thanks for your advise. In light of your advise, I have arranged:

1- One doctor we know, not Child's GP but they work for NHS in UK. They know us and the child so they are ready to be the 2nd referee. Is that OK?

OR

2- We have our 'Minister of Religion' who knows the baby and is ready to be referee. We do not need his religious degree or any license, Right?

Please advise if both or one should be ok? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:39 am

1. Fine yes.

2. Fine. No you don't need their paperwork.

Note you only need ONE professional referee. The other just be British and over 25.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:42 am

Thanks CR001 and Zimba

Yes I will use one of the above referee and the 2nd one is a British Family Friend.

Many thanks for the help. Regards

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:44 pm

Hi CR001 and Zimba,

I hope you are fine.
I have two questions regarding 'Parents Consent Form'.
On the document checklist, it says:

A letter of consent from parents must include Name and Addresses. So on Page-1, you can put both parents name and sign it.
For address, there is a space on Page-2 but before that there is a section for 'Guardian Consent'.
1) So should we just fill the Parents details on Page-1, then leave the 'Guardian Consent' section on Page-2 and fill the address section on same Page-2 for Parent's address?

2) Also on Page-3, there is a section which says 'Child's Consent where they are making application on their own behalf', since child is a minor, should we just leave it blank as well? I am asking this question because in the previous communication below Jan-30, you (Zimba) advised this to my Queston:

In the end of the MN1 application form, there is a Question:
''I am the applicant''
OR
'' I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorized to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them''

Zimba said select option 'I am the applicant' so here in the Parents consent form, should we fill this section on Page-3 or leave it blank? ---> 'Child's Consent where they are making application on their own behalf'.

Please advise, my Sopra Steria appointment is next week. Thanks

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:39 am

Ignore guardian consent. Sign on behalf of the child

helios3
United Kingdom

Post by helios3 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi Zimba,

So on Page-1, I and my spouse will sign, we will leave the Page-2 of Guardian and will fill the address section with our home address and then Page-3, I will sign again on Child's behalf in the section which says: 'Child's Consent where they are making application on their own behalf',.

Is that Correct?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I am attaching below documents with application:

1- Proof of Mother Parental Responsibility - Child Birth Certificate
2- Proof of Father Parental Responsibility - Child Birth Certificate
3- National ID Card of Child from our Country of Origin (Child has no Passport)
4- Father ILR BRP Card
5- MN1 Consent Form
6- Applicant's Parents Marriage Certificate (English)
7- Child Birth Certificate

8- Father Bank Statement last 90 days ??
9- Father/Mother Proof of Address ??
10-Father Company Accountant Letter ??

Please advise if these documents are ok or any other document should be attached? thanks

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:50 am

3, 8, 9, 10 is NOT required!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

helios3
United Kingdom

MN1 Registration Application Query

Post by helios3 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:37 am

Hi Admins,

My child was born in the UK in December 2019 and I got my ILR in January 2020.
I applied for my child's MN1 registration on 6th February 2020 and visited UVCAS center on 4th March 2020 for document submission and picture.
I am waiting for more than 2 months regarding outcome of my child's MN1 registration?
I have below queries please:
  • Is home offices are closed due to Covid-19 or are they still working?
  • How much time it can take to get an MN1 registration outcome?
  • what can I do to expedite the process?
  • I have to visit Pakistan to see my parents and take my newborn child along. What can I do? If I take my child on native country's passport then He/She cannot return until they get British Passport.
  • Can I request HO or speak to my MP to expedite the process on genuine grounds?
  • Because I have to apply for my child's passport as well once MN1 registration gets approved?

Please advise me what should I do? I will be really grateful. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Registration Application Query

Post by CR001 » Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 am

Is home offices are closed due to Covid-19 or are they still working?
They are working but lower staff levels due to COVID. There are delays for everyone.
How much time it can take to get an MN1 registration outcome?
An application can take up to 6 months, sometimes longer, under normal circumstances.
what can I do to expedite the process?
I have to visit Pakistan to see my parents and take my newborn child along. What can I do? If I take my child on native country's passport then He/She cannot return until they get British Passport.
There isn't anything you can do. You just have to wait. Note that passports are also being delayed.
Can I request HO or speak to my MP to expedite the process on genuine grounds?
Unlikely given the current COVID pandemic.
Because I have to apply for my child's passport as well once MN1 registration gets approved?
There are delays with passports too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)