ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 or ILR for child born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny007
United Kingdom

MN1 or ILR for child born abroad

Post by sunny007 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi Respected gurus,

I'm currently holding the ILR and will be applying for British nationality, My wife and Child is currently holding the tier 2 dependent visa - and they will be eligible to apply for ILR in June(5 year route), is there any way i can skip my Child ILR and apply directly apply for British certificate through MN1 ?
Like I apply for British Citizenship first then in May My wife apply for ILR through 1 day service and after that she apply for British Citizenship and after we both have British passport then we can apply for MN1 for our child?
Child age is 8 years and born abroad before my ILR.
Just want to save some money :) what is the best option for me?

2. I have got the ILR on 30 January 2019 can i apply for Nationality on 31 Jan 2020.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 or ILR for child born abroad

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:40 pm

Children born abroad are expected to hold ilr before they can apply for citizenship, ie free from immigration time restrictions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 or ILR for child born abroad

Post by sunny007 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:50 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:40 pm
Children born abroad are expected to hold ilr before they can apply for citizenship, ie free from immigration time restrictions.
Thanks CR001 for your quick response, have a great weekend :)