ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa Application Zambia, Is passport ready for collection?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Fiance Visa Application Zambia Advice & Guidance

Post by Atlas » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi All,

My fiance is in Lusaka Zambia. We have been talking about marriage for some time now and I plan to propose this summer (July / August), then file the fiance visa application in Lusaka.

In the meantime, I have started researching the Fiance visa and getting all the necessary supporting documentation in order.

I want to submit some whatsapp / messenger screenshots as proof of relationship. The whatsapp screenshots don't show the date, only the day and time.

I have been able to export the whatsapp chat to a text file, this shows the dates, but other members on the boards say its better to have screenshots.

1) Can I include whatsapp screenshots without date? Or should I stick to the text extract which includes date information?

2) How many screenshots are recommended? I know this question has been asked many times but I have not seen a definitive answer. I plan to have 4 screenshots per page. With 1 screenshot per week. So for 1 year that's 13 one sided A4 pages.

Many thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance Visa Application Zambia Advice & Guidance

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:15 am

Have you both met in person, if so, when?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Atlas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:49 pm

Long story,

I spent much of my teenage years in Zambia. She was my girlfriend during this time. But I have no pictures to prove this.

Since I started work, I have been to see her multiple times, for around 3 weeks each time:

• 2018 November
  • 2019 May
  • 2020 January
I have pictures, ticket invoices / receipts, passport stamps.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:18 pm

You will be asked to state when your relationship began as part of the application process. It will be helpful to be able to evidence that.

Not necessarily the teenage years unless you wish to state that's when your current relationship began.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Atlas » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:57 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:18 pm
You will be asked to state when your relationship began as part of the application process. It will be helpful to be able to evidence that.

Not necessarily the teenage years unless you wish to state that's when your current relationship began.
Thank you. I will mention teenage relationship, but will emphasise that the current relationship started November 2018. Only problem is I don't have Facebook/whatsapp chats from this time, Just pictures of the two of us together and passport stamps, e.t.c.

I have the original pictures, and these have metadata, so if its comes to that, I could provide the original images and that could be used as proof of start date.

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Atlas » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi All,

I have proposed to my girlfriend, now Fiancée and she accepted :D

My initial plan was to get her here on a Fiancée visa, get married here, then apply for spouse visa. I thought this would be easier, i.e application less likely to be rejected.

Looking at the costs, could I get married to my Fiancée in Zambia, then apply straight for the spouse visa?

This would save us a lot of money, would the Zambian marriage be recognized by the UK government?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:21 pm

Looking at the costs, could I get married to my Fiancée in Zambia, then apply straight for the spouse visa?
Yes.
This would save us a lot of money, would the Zambian marriage be recognized by the UK government?
Yes
A marriage is recognised if it is conducted in the appropriate way in a foreign country. There is no rule that only British marriages are recognised
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Atlas » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:21 pm
Yes.
This would save us a lot of money, would the Zambian marriage be recognised by the UK government?
Yes
A marriage is recognised if it is conducted in the appropriate way in a foreign country. There is no rule that only British marriages are recognised
Thanks,

I have researched the Fiancé visa thoroughly, so I'm pretty confident I meet its requirements.

Beyond providing a copy of the marriage certificate, wedding pictures, and paying the NHS surcharge, e.t.c does the spouse visa have any requirements that are not covered by Fiancé visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:21 pm

Same requirments for both, English, financial, evidence of relationship, proof of accommodation etc, as they are both under the settlement visa category.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Fiance Visa Application Zambia, Is passport ready for collection?

Post by Atlas » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:58 pm

Hi,

We applied for a fiance visa, I wans't checking the tracking, so the date indicates the first time I saw that tracking event. Timeline:
  • 10th July 2020: Biometric Enrollment Done (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Application Transferred to DMC (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Application Received by DMC (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Application Transferred to VAC (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Application Received by Vac (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Passport Picked By Applicant (red)
A picture of the tracking available on TLS website:

25th August, also received an automated email from TLS contact saying:

Dear Applicant,

Reference:

TLS UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you.

You will receive an email from us soon to inform you about collection or delivery procedure.

You can track the progress of your visa application by connecting to your account or by using our Track My Application app
We have not heard anything since. Tracking via the TLS app seems to contradict whats on the website, the TLS App only shows the first two status ticked:
  • 1 Application received at the visa application centre (ticked)
  • 2 Application transferred to decision making centre (ticked)
  • 3 Passport ready for collection or delivery (not ticked)
  • 4 Passport returned to applicant (not ticked)
Based on the above, should we go back to visa centre and collect passport?

Some sites say once the TLS website says "Application Received by Vac" you can go and collect passport, no need to wait for further notification.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Fiance Visa Application Zambia, Is passport ready for collection?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:13 pm

Atlas wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:58 pm
Hi,

We applied for a fiance visa, I wans't checking the tracking, so the date indicates the first time I saw that tracking event. Timeline:
  • 10th July 2020: Biometric Enrollment Done (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Application Transferred to DMC (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Application Received by DMC (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Application Transferred to VAC (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Application Received by Vac (green)
  • 25th August 2020: Passport Picked By Applicant (red)
A picture of the tracking available on TLS website:

25th August, also received an automated email from TLS contact saying:

Dear Applicant,

Reference:

TLS UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you.

You will receive an email from us soon to inform you about collection or delivery procedure.

You can track the progress of your visa application by connecting to your account or by using our Track My Application app
We have not heard anything since. Tracking via the TLS app seems to contradict whats on the website, the TLS App only shows the first two status ticked:
  • 1 Application received at the visa application centre (ticked)
  • 2 Application transferred to decision making centre (ticked)
  • 3 Passport ready for collection or delivery (not ticked)
  • 4 Passport returned to applicant (not ticked)
Based on the above, should we go back to visa centre and collect passport?

Some sites say once the TLS website says "Application Received by Vac" you can go and collect passport, no need to wait for further notification.
The contradictory tracking update and not haven received a collection email makes the situation confusing.
If there is a way to contact TLS to clarify or go there to check, it may be the option to sort the doubtful/unclear situation.

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Atlas » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Thanks, I sent TLS contact Lusaka an email today via a feedback form. They don't make it easy to contact them, the contact us page has no phone number or email address, as far as I could see, the only means of saying something to them is either going in person or using feedback form.

Another question, lets assume the visa has been granted, my understanding is that it will state a time period (1 month ?) during which you have to enter the UK, e.g "25th September to 25th August"

is this correct?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:54 pm

Atlas wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:27 pm
Thanks, I sent TLS contact Lusaka an email today via a feedback form. They don't make it easy to contact them, the contact us page has no phone number or email address, as far as I could see, the only means of saying something to them is either going in person or using feedback form. Hence why the option of going there in previous response.

Another question, lets assume the visa has been granted, my understanding is that it will state a time period (1 month ?) during which you have to enter the UK, e.g "25th September to 25th August" This used to be the case, however since covid period all such entry vignette instead of being 1 month are granted with a validity of 3 months. This allows for the spouse to have a chance to plan the journey despite any pandemic exigencies.

is this correct?

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Atlas » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:29 pm

Quick Update,

I received two emails today (After having contacted TLS yesterday via the feedback / complaints form :

Email 1: Received 7AM
Your UK visa application is ready for collection

Dear Applicant,

Reference:

Our Visa Application Centre in Lusaka will be reopening on [date]. A decision has now been made on your visa application and you will be able to collect your passport at our centre from that date.

Please note that our visa customers will be required to wear a mask and respect social distancing guidelines to enter our centre. This is to ensure the health and safety of both our customers and staff. #StaySafe
Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for:

Collection in person

Please come with the following:

Your Original trademark Application Checklist;
Your Original Photographic ID;
Copy of Your Photographic ID;
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your minor child)*.
Collecting using a representative

Your Representative should provide the following:

Your Application Checklist;
Representative’s Original Photographic ID;
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID;
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details) – Download the form;
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for a minor)*.
IMPORTANT: If any of the above document is missing, the representative will not be allowed to retrieve your travel document.

*It fits with Children Protection Act, to guarantee that we are giving the passport back to one of the parents.

Return by Courier

If you have selected our Express Courier Return service, your documents will be sent back to you by courier. They will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will receive an additional email from us to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending on which courier is used in your area.

If you did not select our Express Courier Return service at the time of submitting your application, it may be possible for you to purchase this service now for an additional fee to avoid having to travel to the Visa Application Centre to collect your documents.

From June 8th, there will be new rules in place for entering the UK due to COVID-19. Please check the latest information before you travel at https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control
Email 2: Received 10 AM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that your passport is ready for collection. You may collect it during Passport Return Hours provided on our web-site in “Address” section - https://pos.tlscontact.com/
The TLS Contact App status is unchanged from before, perhaps there's a glitch in the system. Either way, my fiancee will be going to the visa centre next week to collect her passport.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Atlas wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:29 pm
Quick Update,

I received two emails today (After having contacted TLS yesterday via the feedback / complaints form :

Email 1: Received 7AM
Your UK visa application is ready for collection

Dear Applicant,

Reference:

Our Visa Application Centre in Lusaka will be reopening on [date]. A decision has now been made on your visa application and you will be able to collect your passport at our centre from that date.

Please note that our visa customers will be required to wear a mask and respect social distancing guidelines to enter our centre. This is to ensure the health and safety of both our customers and staff. #StaySafe
Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for:

Collection in person

Please come with the following:

Your Original trademark Application Checklist;
Your Original Photographic ID;
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for your minor child)*.
Collecting using a representative

Your Representative should provide the following:

Your Application Checklist;
Representative’s Original Photographic ID;
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID;
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details) – Download the form;
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for a minor)*.
IMPORTANT: If any of the above document is missing, the representative will not be allowed to retrieve your travel document.

*It fits with Children Protection Act, to guarantee that we are giving the passport back to one of the parents.

Return by Courier

If you have selected our Express Courier Return service, your documents will be sent back to you by courier. They will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will receive an additional email from us to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending on which courier is used in your area.

If you did not select our Express Courier Return service at the time of submitting your application, it may be possible for you to purchase this service now for an additional fee to avoid having to travel to the Visa Application Centre to collect your documents.

From June 8th, there will be new rules in place for entering the UK due to COVID-19. Please check the latest information before you travel at https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control
Email 2: Received 10 AM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that your passport is ready for collection. You may collect it during Passport Return Hours provided on our web-site in “Address” section - https://pos.tlscontact.com/
The TLS Contact App status is unchanged from before, perhaps there's a glitch in the system. Either way, my fiancee will be going to the visa centre next week to collect her passport.
Thats great, update the forum of the good news when she picks up passport.

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Atlas » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 am

The visa has been granted!!!

Thanks all members for your guidance and support throughout the process.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Atlas wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 am

Congratulations.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 pm

Atlas wrote:

How many months vignette was issued?

Atlas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Atlas » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:16 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 pm
Atlas wrote:

6 months, valid from 14/12/20 to 14/06/21.

A bit later than I would have liked, but still very happy.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:24 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Atlas wrote:

A Fiance visa is ALWAYS issued for 6 months! Unclear why you are questioning the validity.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:24 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Atlas wrote:

A Fiance visa is ALWAYS issued for 6 months! Unclear why you are questioning the validity.
Momentarily doscont it as spouse visa hence the above question. Already posted before recall fiance visa.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:24 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Atlas wrote:

Momentarily discount as spouse visa hence above question and already posted then recall its fiance visa application.