ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After Naturalisation Application: If your passport expires before decision...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LoreleiB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

After Naturalisation Application: If your passport expires before decision...

Post by LoreleiB » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:46 pm

Hello,

I recently applied for Naturalisation as British Citizen (approx. 2 weeks ago) and have since also had all of my evidence documents scanned (Romanian passport included) and sent to the Home Office by UKVCAS. I am currently awaiting the citizenship decision.

My Romanian passport that I used to apply is due to expire in March this year and I will pick up my new Romanian passport next week. My question is: do I need to inform the Home Office of my new passport details (so they can process the naturalisation application with the up-to-date passport details)? Is there a way to do this? The details I found online are: nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.

A related issue is that as I have EU Settled Status (and this was the basis on which I applied for naturalisation), I will need to update my new passport details online (this is for keeping the EU Settled Status up to date) and also send the Home Office my new passport. So the Home Office will know the details of the new passport anyway, but I was just wondering if I need to update them independently for naturalisation processing purposes?

Thank you for any advice. Would be good to hear from anyone whose passport expired and had a new passport whilst their naturalisation application was under consideration.

Lorelei B

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: After Naturalisation Application: If your passport expires before decision...

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:43 am

Hello

Don't update anything.

Take your new passport and that's it.