ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Current Processing Time

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kito
Newly Registered

Post by kito » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:10 pm

lijophilip wrote:Hello,
Maintenance funds is basically a way to show that the candidate will be able to take care of his needs in the UK without using any recourse to public funds. In this case if I show a UK company offer letter, will that be of any good?? while still showing GBP2800 but for a period less than 3 nonths???
Please advise!!

Hi,

As far as i could see there isn't any regulation to use company offer letter as a waiver for maintenance or complement, when not enough funds available for PSW application.

you also mentioned that you got your certificate in august last year, from HO's point of view the date of award isn't the date you got the certificate. it's the date you were informed that you have been awarded a qualification by web, email or by a uni letter.

you can't specify the date you received the certificate as the date of award.

I am sorry if i am giving you all the bad news

lijophilip
Newly Registered

Post by lijophilip » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:03 am

Well, I finished my course in May 07. Certificate was awarded in August 07. I was in India so I received the courier from the college only in September.
Well that is not a problem. My only worry is the Funds part. I have enough funds but only problem is that it has not been there in the bank for 3 months.
I fulfill almost all the criterias. I have got a good opportunity in London. That company's only condition is that I need to get my visa myself.
Can you suggest any way out, my dear friend??
cheers

visawait
Newly Registered

Post by visawait » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi anirban,

I received my PSW stamped on my passport today. I had sent a fax to HO requesting them to expedite my application with a proof of urgency last week.

I am sure yours must be on its way. Hope this information helps.

good luck to you

quote="anirban_paul"][quote="visawait"][quote="anirban_paul"][quote="Ashini"][quote="Ashini"][quote="anirban_paul"]HI Ashini,

Is there any news?[/quote]

Hi Anirban,

I received confirmation on Royal mail that My documents and passport will reach to me tomorrow - 31st. I do not have idea about stamping and processed or not. But sure as soon as I will get passport on hand - will leave another message for you. I m sure as per your counting yours will be there in a day. Best Wishes.

Ashini[/quote]

whats the news Ashini? :roll:[/quote]

Hi Anirban,

I have been following this thread for a while now. I am in a similar situation. I applied for PSW (initial application) on 9th July (fee deducted on 10th, acknowledgment letter received on 17th) and still awaiting a decision from HO. Have you heard from them on your application?

Has anyone got a Post Study visa stamped on their passport from an initial or transitional application?

Thanks[/quote]

For me there is no news till date. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks over for me. There is no news from Ashini yet, I presume she is the only one who has got PSW stamped(transitional) but no confirmation.[/quote]

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:35 pm

Congratulations mate and Thanks for the info. Could you please reply back to my queries?

1)which date did you apply?
2)was it a transitional or a student to PSW?
3)which number did you fax the urgency letter?
4)what reason you provided for urgency and what proof?

I have to go India soon and I cant buy the ticket unless I am sure of my passport and visa.

Pls reply soon.Thanks.

visawait wrote:Hi anirban,

I received my PSW stamped on my passport today. I had sent a fax to HO requesting them to expedite my application with a proof of urgency last week.

good luck to you

quote="anirban_paul"]
visawait wrote:
anirban_paul wrote:
Ashini wrote:
whats the news Ashini? :roll:
Hi Anirban,

I have been following this thread for a while now. I am in a similar situation. I applied for PSW (initial application) on 9th July (fee deducted on 10th, acknowledgment letter received on 17th) and still awaiting a decision from HO. Have you heard from them on your application?

Has anyone got a Post Study visa stamped on their passport from an initial or transitional application?

Thanks
For me there is no news till date. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks over for me. There is no news from Ashini yet, I presume she is the only one who has got PSW stamped(transitional) but no confirmation.

visawait
Newly Registered

Post by visawait » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:09 pm

Thanks! Mine was a student to PSW application made on 8th July. The reasons are personal, however I can tell you the fax number - 0208 196 3248. The number was given to me when I called the immigration enquiry bureau.

I am not sure, if it was my fax that helped or if it was actually my turn. I am only sharing all the info so it may help you.

cheers

[quote="anirban_paul"]Congratulations mate and Thanks for the info. Could you please reply back to my queries?

I have to go India soon and I cant buy the ticket unless I am sure of my passport and visa.

Pls reply soon.Thanks.

[quote="visawait"]Hi anirban,

good luck to you

quote="anirban_paul"][quote="visawait"][quote="anirban_paul"][quote="Ashini"][quote="Ashini"][quote="anirban_paul"]HI Ashini,

Is there any news?[/quote]

Hi Anirban,

I received confirmation on Royal mail that My documents and passport will reach to me tomorrow - 31st. I do not have idea about stamping and processed or not. But sure as soon as I will get passport on hand - will leave another message for you. I m sure as per your counting yours will be there in a day. Best Wishes.

Ashini[/quote]

whats the news Ashini? :roll:[/quote]

Hi Anirban,

Thanks[/quote]

For me there is no news till date. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks over for me. There is no news from Ashini yet, I presume she is the only one who has got PSW stamped(transitional) but no confirmation.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Thank you very very much. You have been such a help. God bless you.

visawait wrote:Thanks! Mine was a student to PSW application made on 8th July. The reasons are personal, however I can tell you the fax number - 0208 196 3248. The number was given to me when I called the immigration enquiry bureau.

I am not sure, if it was my fax that helped or if it was actually my turn. I am only sharing all the info so it may help you.

cheers

anirban_paul wrote:Congratulations mate and Thanks for the info. Could you please reply back to my queries?

Pls reply soon.Thanks.

visawait wrote:Hi anirban,

good luck to you

quote="anirban_paul"]
visawait wrote:
For me there is no news till date. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks over for me. There is no news from Ashini yet, I presume she is the only one who has got PSW stamped(transitional) but no confirmation.

hellosmallbobo
Newly Registered

Post by hellosmallbobo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi anirban_paul,

I've been following your relevant posts for a while as my situation is very similar to you.

Have you got yout passport back?

My application was 5 days later than yours (sent on 7 July and money out on 8 July). So I am quite worried if you have not yet got anything yet...

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:18 pm

hellosmallbobo wrote:Hi anirban_paul,

I've been following your relevant posts for a while as my situation is very similar to you.

Have you got yout passport back?

My application was 5 days later than yours (sent on 7 July and money out on 8 July). So I am quite worried if you have not yet got anything yet...
Thanks for asking but no news till date. Its a long wait for me. Lets see next week.

gautam_p
Newly Registered

Hey Anirban,

Post by gautam_p » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:29 pm

I have been following this post for some time now. I am sort of in a similar situation, I have applied for my PSW visa on the 18th of July. I believe you still havent got your visa, so does it presumably take around 4 weeks to process the whole thing?

An other question is that, I have committed a mistake while filling in my application form. I have applied for PSW from a student visa which qualifies under initial arrangements but by mistake I have checked the transitional arrangements box in the application form. But I still had the required maintanence funds at every point for the last 3 months and since its obvious from passport that its a student visa I am applying from, do you think this mistake of mine will affect my PSW.

Regards,
Gautam.

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Hey Anirban,

Post by anirban_paul » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:46 pm

gautam_p wrote:I have been following this post for some time now. I am sort of in a similar situation, I have applied for my PSW visa on the 18th of July. I believe you still havent got your visa, so does it presumably take around 4 weeks to process the whole thing?

An other question is that, I have committed a mistake while filling in my application form. I have applied for PSW from a student visa which qualifies under initial arrangements but by mistake I have checked the transitional arrangements box in the application form. But I still had the required maintanence funds at every point for the last 3 months and since its obvious from passport that its a student visa I am applying from, do you think this mistake of mine will affect my PSW.

Regards,
Gautam.
It is 6 weeks for my application. No news yet.

I am not sure about your application but I think you should send a letter (with your Reference Number) stating your mistake. But it is upto you, that is only my view.

gautam_p
Newly Registered

Post by gautam_p » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Hey Anirban,

Thanks a lot for the reply and the suggestion. That certainly is helpful.

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:29 pm

any news anyone?

chick
Newly Registered

NEWS

Post by chick » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:19 am

Hi everyone....not sure if u r following hte other forum, but there is a few people who received their PSW yesterday......they applied on the begining of July...... one visa was initial application and other one was transfer from IGS to PSW.....so, it took about 5 weeks.

Hope this was a good news.....lots of luck to everyone

CHICK

staffsheff
Newly Registered

Waiting Times

Post by staffsheff » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Application Posted: 29 July 2008
Application Recd by HO: 30 July 2008
Fee charged: 30 July 2008
Recd. Ref number by post: 1 Aug 2008

british0044
Newly Registered

PSW/IGS

Post by british0044 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Nothingto worry about stamping your IGS or PSW visa. its so cool to get but now takes time for someone and quick for someothers. just the basic documents will do. no requirement of showing any earning source. even if you fail youor thesis, you will get you PSW on the basis of completion of other module. if your university stands against you and visa refuse, just file appeal strightaway you will get it, but a case of my friends has taken 2months after appeal as his photo was not as specified-Asharaf, Chester

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: PSW/IGS

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:25 pm

british0044 wrote:Nothingto worry about stamping your IGS or PSW visa. its so cool to get but now takes time for someone and quick for someothers. just the basic documents will do. no requirement of showing any earning source. even if you fail youor thesis, you will get you PSW on the basis of completion of other module. if your university stands against you and visa refuse, just file appeal strightaway you will get it, but a case of my friends has taken 2months after appeal as his photo was not as specified-Asharaf, Chester
Hi asharaf,

r u from staffs uni? did u do ur placement in CCC?

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:14 am

Hi Guys,

Here is a good news from my side. I recd my PSW stamped passport today.

Application Posted: 2 July 2008
Application Recd by HO: 3 July 2008
Fee charged: 3 July 2008
Got Ref number by post: 5 July 2008
Got Passport Back: today 15 August 2008
Date of Issue: 12 August 2008
Vali until: 4 August 2010

Took 6 weeks 2 days for whole process.

Documents Submitted:

Passport, Original Degree Certificate, Letter from Uni, 3 month bank statement, Birth Certificate(I know this is not required).

Thanks
:D

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Congratulation anirban.

In this last 6 weeks have u made any urgent treatment application to HO? or are they normally taking 6 weeks to process the application

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Post by anirban_paul » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:19 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:Congratulation anirban.

In this last 6 weeks have u made any urgent treatment application to HO? or are they normally taking 6 weeks to process the application
No mate, I did not send any urgent treatment. Normal processing time is 5-6 weeks for PSW now.

british0044
Newly Registered

Post by british0044 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi Anirbhan, Congrats!

i'm the one you guessed... worked for CCC. one of my class-mate has recieved his PSW in 10 days. most case now delays, but all are geting success. And anribhan, i will be moving to New York in October for a software company. got a free offer with 80K USD/ year with revision in 3rd month. they provide me free airticket as well. leaving to India next 20th. hope you are working somewhere now.

lijophilip
Newly Registered

Post by lijophilip » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi Anirban,

First of all congrats!!

One quicjk question wiht regards to Maintenence Funds.
I have joint a/c with one of my friends where there is enough funds maintained for 3 months. But is it ok to show funds in joint a/c ???

Cheers/Lijo

rnari4u
Newly Registered

Re: NEWS

Post by rnari4u » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:32 pm

chick wrote:Hi everyone....not sure if u r following hte other forum, but there is a few people who received their PSW yesterday......they applied on the begining of July...... one visa was initial application and other one was transfer from IGS to PSW.....so, it took about 5 weeks.

Hope this was a good news.....lots of luck to everyone

CHICK
hi ya,

have u got details of nay person who got under tranisioal arrangements.....i am waiting for my visa since 7 weeks......

Obalende

Re: PSW/IGS

Post by Obalende » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:47 pm

anirban_paul wrote:
british0044 wrote:Nothingto worry about stamping your IGS or PSW visa. its so cool to get but now takes time for someone and quick for someothers. just the basic documents will do. no requirement of showing any earning source. even if you fail youor thesis, you will get you PSW on the basis of completion of other module. if your university stands against you and visa refuse, just file appeal strightaway you will get it, but a case of my friends has taken 2months after appeal as his photo was not as specified-Asharaf, Chester
Hi asharaf,

r u from staffs uni? did u do ur placement in CCC?
Wow - this is worrying. I have just posted my PSW (transitional arrangements) application. As far as i know, i did not see any photo requirements on the guidance notes; I sent 50 mm by 50 mm picture. Is this something to be worried about? Should I resend my passport photos i.e. send standard ones?

anyone please reply asap.

rnari4u
Newly Registered

Post by rnari4u » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:32 am

anirban_paul wrote:Hi Ashini,

Some people who applied for IGS(not psw) in the last week of june are getting their passport back now(this week). For example, sent on 25th june= recd 22 july and sent 27 june= recvd 24 july. So its taking complete 4 weeks for the last weeks igs cases. I believe we are the next weeks candidates and it will take complete 4 weeks for us as well to recieve the passport back. like you sent on 1st july=recv 29 july and me sent 2nd july=recv 30 july.

Thats the best theory i could come up with. Let me know if you have any other info on this. Best of luck for your application.

Thanks.
hi i got my pswp visa under transitional arrangemets

rnari4u
Newly Registered

post study work permit from segs

Post by rnari4u » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:34 am

i got it yesterday............... i am happy.......long tensionof more that 1month 20 days