ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thesaint

NCS Citizenship

Post by thesaint » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:24 am

Phoned today the NCS to book an appointment to submit my citizenship application for next week

The person who I spoke to told me to bring my birth certificate, p60 and my wife birth certificate as well

I went throw the guide in the HO web site and all this documents are not really required for someone appling as a spouse for a British person
However I have all the documents just my birth certificate is the only one I have with no translation so any opinions.
should I take it with me or it might cause delay because its not translated

I think passport is enough as a proof of identity

whirly

Re: NCS Citizenship

Post by whirly » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Wow - your NCS/local council must be more thorough than mine. I was only required to show my passport, husband's passport (UK citizen), marriage certificate, provisional driving licence (used for Life in the UK test ID) and Life in the UK pass certificate. Having a P60 with me might have been helpful, but in the end I didn't need it. I wasn't asked for any birth certificates. Can't imagine why they need it... Form AN is pretty clear about what supporting docs you need:
SECTION 1 Evidence of identity: required for all applications
• *Your passport OR
• *National identity card OR
• *Home Office travel document OR
• *Home Office entitlement card OR
• *Home Office ARC letter OR
• Your birth certificate OR
• *Your driving licence OR
*if you used one of these documents when you took the Knowledge of Life in the UK test you will be expected to use it
again by enclosing it with your naturalisation application.

thesaint

Post by thesaint » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:39 pm

whirly wrote:Wow - your NCS/local council must be more thorough than mine. I was only required to show my passport, husband's passport (UK citizen), marriage certificate, provisional driving licence (used for Life in the UK test ID) and Life in the UK pass certificate. Having a P60 with me might have been helpful, but in the end I didn't need it. I wasn't asked for any birth certificates. Can't imagine why they need it... Form AN is pretty clear about what supporting docs you need:
SECTION 1 Evidence of identity: required for all applications
• *Your passport OR
• *National identity card OR
• *Home Office travel document OR
• *Home Office entitlement card OR
• *Home Office ARC letter OR
• Your birth certificate OR
• *Your driving licence OR
*if you used one of these documents when you took the Knowledge of Life in the UK test you will be expected to use it
again by enclosing it with your naturalisation application.
i phoned them again today and they said its alright i can do without it
they said also the reason for the extra documents is to avoid any unnecessary delays
good luck for you

whirly

Post by whirly » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:29 am

thesaint wrote:i phoned them again today and they said its alright i can do without it
they said also the reason for the extra documents is to avoid any unnecessary delays
good luck for you
Bravo - that makes much more sense!

Good luck to you, too...