ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sister british me eu

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Duddo1234
United Kingdom

Sister british me eu

Post by Duddo1234 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:14 pm

If i marry a european and my sister is british, will i be able to become british after brexit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sister british me eu

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:30 pm

No. Your sister being British doesn't mean anything for you to qualify for citizenship earlier.

To qualify for British citizenship, you must meet the requirements, which includes having ilr/settled status and 5 years residence. You also need to have 10 years of legal residence and not have any overstaying period.

Who is this question for as you have previously posted that you are married to an EU citizen living in Scotland. You are also asking numerous questions and scenarios all over the forum for "other" family for Canada and the Netherlands??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Duddo1234
United Kingdom

Post by Duddo1234 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:16 pm

I am asking for myself , the scenarios were for uncle

Duddo1234
United Kingdom

Post by Duddo1234 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:17 pm

in case he goes back to norway from scotland