ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about re-entering UK without valid BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BrunoK1441
Australia

Question about re-entering UK without valid BRP

Post by BrunoK1441 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi Guys,

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this so please move if I've got it wrong.

I'm Australian and have been living in Scotland on an Ancestry visa for the past 9 years and have just made the application for UK Settlement as a non-EU spouse. I will be flying to Poland and France over the next few months and am concerned that my new settled status will be granted while I'm out of the country and my current Ancestry BMP card (expires 2022) won't be valid anymore when I re-enter Scotland.

Can I ask if anyone knows what would most likely happen at the UK immigration point without my new Settled status BRC?

Also, could I *technically* re-enter through Dublin for a short vacation (I would have my Ancestry BMP on me showing an expiry date for 2022) then fly from Belfast to Scotland to avoid having my UK BMP checked?

Just trying to figure out what my options are.

Thanks so much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question about re-entering UK without valid BRP

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:30 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.