ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confusing email re: "submit your passport"

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manarh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

confusing email re: "submit your passport"

Post by manarh » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:17 pm

Having received a confusing email, I found this incredibly valuable forum thanks to others having also reported receiving that email more or less word for word:

Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxx

Thank you for your application for entry clearance for which you used the Submission Without Passport service. Your application has now been assessed, please submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre where you submitted your application.

Please would you submit your passport to the Visa Application Centre within 21 calendar days of the receipt of this email. Failure to do so may result in your application being lapsed. Please also send an email confirming that you have done so and on what date to [homeoffice email address] quoting the VAF number above and SWP in the subject line.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

Alas no one had reported the outcome after getting that email. I can do so for our case: the visa had been approved. I.e. this email seems to mean that the visa has been granted and that is why the passport is needed. Could have been clearer!

I'm reporting this here in the hope that (a) if you received the same email you can confirm if it meant acceptance for you too, (b) it may help others confused by the email when they google and find this forum for an answer. If that's you: welcome! There's so much useful info here.

FYI: this email doesn't seem to be visa type specific; I received that email for a different visa type. I couldn't report it in the thread others reported it (without anyone saying what the outcome was after the email) as that thread had been locked, seemingly as it's not specific to that forum's visa type. Hence I'm posting this in general. More than happy to be told there's a better place for it.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: confusing email re: "submit your passport"

Post by THO » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:07 am

That is the same email we received, it means (it did for us anyway and they do not want your passport for any other reason) they want to issue you with your visa/ travel vignette depending on what you applied for.

We did not receive a reply email confirming anything. Just a text from VFS to come pick up the passport. Yes, their email could contain a short sentence stating something like, we have issued your xxxxx visa, and need your passport to add the vignette. You will / will not receive confirmation etc, but the HO like to keep everyone in the dark.