ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eeu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

General Rody
Newly Registered
Ghana

Eeu settlement

Post by General Rody » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Hi lovely people...

Wish to share my time lines thus far:

Submit Application : 9/01/2020

Biometric. :16/01/2020

Received notice. : 18/01/2020

Not straightforward: 27/01/2020

Emailed ukvi. :29/01/2020, feedback- I can confirm that your application is being considered and currently awaiting decision.

Called. : 31/01/2020, feedback- your application is currently being considered and awaiting a decision.

Can someone help with the feedbacks on the email and phone call, what it actually meant?

Does it mean that all checks are done and awaiting a decision or Yet to get to the final stage.

This whole uncertainty is making me not have sound sleep.

Waiting for any inputs

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Eeu settlement

Post by Alijee786 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:15 pm

You are not alone my friend. Most of non-eu’s are suffering the same. Incase you are non-eu. Then welcome onboard.
Some people are even waiting for 6 months for no reason.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:20 pm

What my solicitor said was they take bit more time on non-eu cases. But on other hand he said there are rumours that there will be few changes after brexit. Could be positive or could be negative.
Negative: they could strict the previous rules and increase the processing time
Positive:( again its a rumour) they might give everyone settled status and eliminate the pre-settlement completely.
Lets see what happens!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:07 pm

Positive:( again its a rumour) they might give everyone settled status and eliminate the pre-settlement completely.
I don't think this would happen. It means that a person can enter the UK on Monday and get a permanent residence on Tuesday. It would be the most open immigration system in the entire world.

Realistically, if you compare EEA routes vs. UK routes in terms of complexity, cost, entitlement... it gives you an idea where we are going. The Home Office never liked EEA routes but they were in force due to the UK being part of the EU.

Just try to use the UK routes to bring a brother who never worked in his life, his wife and his 5 kids. Under the EEA system, people have done that with a bunch of Western Union slips.

I think we are heading to a time where everything would look more like UK routes but much harder.

Alijee786
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Alijee786 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Agree it sound too good to be true