ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wandra
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa

Post by Wandra » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:21 pm

Hello,
I have a few questions regarding spouse visa.
1]My spouse is in India and I will be applying a spouse visa for him here in the UK with the help of my solicitor. I am wondering where the application fee should be paid, in India or in the UK?
2] Also, will we pay the priority and IHS charge with the application fee or are they separately paid?
3] For the relationship proof photo, I would like to know what size will be suitable to submit?
4] I live in Sharedhouse with my landlord and her daughter, my landlord has finally agreed to give her DOB and passport number for my application, however, she is not willing to give her daughter's. Her daughter is under 18, do I really need to submit her details as well?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:38 pm

Wandra wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:21 pm
Hello,
I have a few questions regarding spouse visa.
1]My spouse is in India and I will be applying a spouse visa for him here in the UK with the help of my solicitor. I am wondering where the application fee should be paid, in India or in the UK?
2] Also, will we pay the priority and IHS charge with the application fee or are they separately paid?
3] For the relationship proof photo, I would like to know what size will be suitable to submit?
4] I live in Sharedhouse with my landlord and her daughter, my landlord has finally agreed to give her DOB and passport number for my application, however, she is not willing to give her daughter's. Her daughter is under 18, do I really need to submit her details as well?
1. Application form is an online version which can be accessed and paid from anywhere but mostly sponsors pay the application fee.

2. IHS charge will have to pay along with application fee whereas the other fees depends on local vfs centre.

3. Usually each file must not exceed than 5-6MB

4. say "not known"
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Thank you for your reply,
One question:
1) In the online application form, document section: It says "NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognized standard of a Bachelor's or Masters's degree or Ph.D. in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched". My husband has passed IELTS A1 level and has a statement of comparability report from NARIC. Does he needs to get a NARIC English language assessment or will these documents enough?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:43 pm

Wandra wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:34 pm
One question:
1) In the online application form, document section: It says "NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognized standard of a Bachelor's or Masters's degree or Ph.D. in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched". My husband has passed IELTS A1 level and has a statement of comparability report from NARIC. Does he needs to get a NARIC English language assessment or will these documents enough?

Thank you.
If you are using the English test to meet the requirement, then you should tick NO to the degree question. The question is only about meeting the English requirement. Ho have no interest in what your qualifications are to apply for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:52 pm

Thank for your reply,
From my understanding to you reply, I should not tick the second box which states "degree certificate to prove the level of English language required."
That's is no option focusing on IELTS A1 in the online application. So which box should I tick for English requirement as NARIC is the only option in the online form.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:43 pm
Wandra wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:34 pm
One question:

Thank you.
If you are using the English test to meet the requirement, then you should tick NO to the degree question. The question is only about meeting the English requirement. Ho have no interest in what your qualifications are to apply for a spouse visa.
Thank for your reply,
From my understanding to you reply, I should not tick the second box which states "degree certificate to prove the level of English language required."
That's is no option focusing on IELTS A1 in the online application. So which box should I tick for English requirement as NARIC is the only option in the online form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:54 pm

Have you ticked anywhere in the form that you hold a foreign degree??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:54 pm
Have you ticked anywhere in the form that you hold a foreign degree??
As my Husband is Indian and he finished his studies in India, so he doesn't have foreign degree.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Have you ticked yes to a "do you have a degree" question???

If he studied in India and got a degree,it is a foreign degree,or not a UK degree.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 pm

If he studied in India and got a degree,it is a foreign degree,or not a UK degree.
Yes I have ticked yes on that option.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:18 pm

Wandra wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 pm
CR001 wrote:

That is why naric is being asked for. You must tick NO to the degree question if you are only using the A1 test to meet the requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:18 pm
Wandra wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 pm
CR001 wrote:

That is why naric is being asked for. You must tick NO to the degree question if you are only using the A1 test to meet the requirement.
Thank you so much. As for my understanding, IELTS life skill A1 is more then enough for English requirement.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:58 pm

Hello,

In the accommodation details, the application details required name, Date of birth and passport number of all the residents. However my landlord refuse to give her daughter's passport number due to the fact she is under 18 but she is ready to give letter stating she is more than happy to give the details when UKVI contact her directly. I suggested that I will put 'not know' in the daughter's passport detail to my lawyer, but my lawyer asked me to right a letter stating that 'if the visa got rejected due to not giving the passport detail, then my firm is not to be responsible".
Will the visa be rejected due to not inserting the landlord's daughter passport number in the application.

Can anyone help me with this please.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:22 pm

Wandra wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:58 pm
".
Will the visa be rejected due to not inserting the landlord's daughter passport number in the application.
No. Just write "not known"
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:41 am

Thank you so much.
I would like to know if Police clearance certificate needed for the applicant to apply for spouse visa.
The applicant is in India, so before applying for the visa, does he need to get that certificate, is it mandatory?

Thank you for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:18 am

Wandra wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:41 am
Thank you so much.
I would like to know if Police clearance certificate needed for the applicant to apply for spouse visa.
The applicant is in India, so before applying for the visa, does he need to get that certificate, is it mandatory?

Thank you for your help.
Police Clearance certificate is not asked for.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Hello,
I like to know if biometric residence permit BPR from sponsor is necessary?
How do I give evidence for that?

Thank you, for your support.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:51 pm

Wandra wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:41 pm
Hello,
I like to know if biometric residence permit BPR from sponsor is necessary?
How do I give evidence for that?

Thank you, for your support.
If the UK sponsor has ILR/PR on BRP card then simply it need to be scanned along with passport & other documents.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:10 pm

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
I am a British citizen and I have Right of abode certificate. Do I need BPR card?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Wandra wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:10 pm
Hello,
I am a British citizen and I have Right of abode certificate. Do I need BPR card?

Thank you.
If you have British passport then only scan that one.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:27 pm

Hello,
I am applying the spouse visa for my husband in UK. I want to know what are the documents will my husband need when he goes for his biometric in India.

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Hello,
I have paid the IHS and application fee in the UK and have booked a biometric appointment for my husband in India. All that is left is covering letter from my lawyer and uploading the documents (I am uploading the documents in the UK). However, On the gov. website, it doesn't ask for appendix 2 form. Would anyone tell me where/how I can attach my appendix form, please.
Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:23 am

Wandra wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:50 pm
Would anyone tell me where/how I can attach my appendix form, please.
Thank you.
If you wishes to attach appendix II then download and print it from below link and then upload it along with other documents:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf

Wandra
United Kingdom

Post by Wandra » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Hi,
Thank you for you help. Is the Appendix 2 mandatory document that needs to be submitted along with the other documents?
Will it affect the process of it wasn't submitted in anyway?
Does it play a key role in the process and how so?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Wandra wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:29 pm
Hi,
Thank you for you help. Is the Appendix 2 mandatory document that needs to be submitted along with the other documents?
Will it affect the process of it wasn't submitted in anyway?
Does it play a key role in the process and how so?

Thank you.
It may not affect anything but still submitting it just in case is wise.