ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for Mother in Law

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

willsk22

Schengen visa for Mother in Law

Post by willsk22 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi all,

couple of quick Q`s

.... Mother in Law is Russian, in Russia, visiting here on already held UK visa this summer. We want to go to Spain definitely, poss France too....

She has appointment at French Embassy in Moscow can she

1, get visa free as my wife does as family member (or is `family` just wife, sibling, parent, child ???)

2, travel to spain if we decide not to go to France (if/when she already gets French Schengen visa) ie will they refuse entry in Spain if we haven`t already been to Spain?

Thanks in advance!

Will S-K :)

willsk22

above !

Post by willsk22 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Just to add....

we have appointment at French Embassy as Spanish there is impossible

(and have accomodation and ferry in France booked)

Will S-K

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:33 pm

I think only dependent parents are Family Members, otherwise extended family members and no free visa - it's only a few roubles anyway!

You can travel to Spain, but if you don't go to France (ie spend some money there) ur 'tyoshcha' won't get another French-issued one.

Udachi vam!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

willsk22

Post by willsk22 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:39 pm

CпаÑ

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:52 pm

[quote="willsk22"]CпаÑ
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

willsk22

interestingly.....!!!

Post by willsk22 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:24 am

just to add mate, what if we went to spain, saying we`d been to France.

The reason i say this is twofold:

1 sometimes passport not stamped but does the big brother aspect of the strip reader work?

2 gods honest, when my mrs 1st came here on spouse visa, we went to france NO schengen visa, just russian passport with UK spouse visa and got through at dover AND calais (we actually got sent through customs twice as 1st ferry was cancelled and transferred to seafrance!!)

cheers

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Wanderer wrote:I think only dependent parents are Family Members, otherwise extended family members and no free visa
http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/ ... _ec_en.pdf

your dependent direct relatives in the ascending line (i.e. parents, grand-parents …) and those of your spouse or registered partner.
Are your in-laws financially dependent on you?

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:47 pm

[quote="Wanderer"][quote="willsk22"]CпаÑ
--
Mark Y-M
London

willsk22

????????????

Post by willsk22 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:30 pm

I`m confused now!!

Mark- so you`re saying that if she has French Schengen, but we decide to go to Spain instead, she won`t be allowed in?

Help!!! We have accom in France, but i`d rather go to a friends apartment in Spain....

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:51 pm

No. Re-read what Wanderer posted on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:33 pm
--
Mark Y-M
London

willsk22

above

Post by willsk22 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:58 pm

so should be ok then? not really that fussed about france, but might pop over as a foot passenger to kill a day before we go to Spain (wife is working whilst i`m on leave and `entertaining` tyoscha!)

S`pose that`d be ok?

willsk22

aaaarrrrgggh!!!

Post by willsk22 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:52 pm

More to add....

1.we`ve decided on spain, as better options (friends place etc) but can`t get appointment for love nor money at spanish embassy in moscow

2.should she still attend the french appointment, havenet cancelled ferry and accom there yet and try to enter on french visa?

3.just seen some posts where someone got refused visa for 'applying for multi entry on 1st schengen visa"???? that can`t be right surely?

4.eg when wife wrote in the three spaces for days req`d for hers 180 the woman @ czech embassy just crossed it out and said max of 90 days which i didn`t know...

5.whilst on that subject, wife getting czech visa as we are going there later (i`m in the army and may be posted there later in year so going for a mooch...)

6.i take it she can still enter Franc/spain on Czech multi entry? I know that my Q`s are rambling, but nothing seems as cut and dry as it states in applications etc

thanks in advance

Will

SoloOl
Newly Registered

Re: interestingly.....!!!

Post by SoloOl » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:12 am

willsk22 wrote:just to add mate, what if we went to spain, saying we`d been to France.

The reason i say this is twofold:

1 sometimes passport not stamped but does the big brother aspect of the strip reader work?

2 gods honest, when my mrs 1st came here on spouse visa, we went to france NO schengen visa, just russian passport with UK spouse visa and got through at dover AND calais (we actually got sent through customs twice as 1st ferry was cancelled and transferred to seafrance!!)

cheers
Привет!
You definitely must go to France first, koz they stamp a passport any way. They will let you in to Spain but next time your теща will have troubles with getting Schengen :wink:

willsk22

Post by willsk22 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 am

thanks for the advice,

will def do the france thing if she has multi entry, but i take it that unless it is multi entry we can only enter once...(also multi entry is unlikely for her 1st one, although we did request it and she has had several UK visas, but no schengen...)

i know that sounds pretty self explanatory but can i clarify- if she is granted schengen for france between certain dates only (22nd to 30th Aug) does that mean she can visit france then go somewhere else during the dates?
does it allow for her to visit france then on to spain for example, and would it be possible to go to france then back to uk then onto spain (my understanding would be that she requires multi entry for that????)