ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jay4you

Re: got it

Post by Jay4you » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:44 pm

prathap wrote:hi
all,i am happy 2 share my happiness

yes i got my visa stamped

fresh application tier 1 from student
application posted 26 june 2008
payment accepted 27 june 2008
referance no july 1 2008
got my visa stamped and recieve today 04 august 2008
thanks to all the memebrs and wish everyone to sucess
prathap
note :no urgent treatment request sent
Congratulation on your Visa sucess!

Did you send any covering letters with your Tier 1 General forum?

laskk

Post by laskk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Yes, we do have to write the covering letter. but not sure is this the requirement for T1. wait 4 some more comments.

As far i think it will be good to send covering letter which also shows yours presentation n professional skills . As T1 is compeletly base for highly immigrnt.

In other hand which helps the CW to understand your case

Best of luck for yous career.
regards,
Laskk
Jay4you wrote:Hi All,

I am new to the form and hoping to apply for Tier 1 (General) visa from UK at the start of September. I am just wondering the form members who have already received their extension approval for Tier 1 (General), do you guys had to write any cover letters as we used to do with old HSMP format?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for you help!

Jay

SW
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 1 Visa

Post by SW » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi

Did you hear back from HO? I tried contacting them but no answer.

Thanks

[quote="pcmalik"]Hi SW,

My application was also filed on 4th June and I am also waiting :(
It looks to me that 4th june applications are with the same case worker and he might have gone for summer vacation.

[quote="SW"]

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:35 pm

I haven't heard anything yet.
SW wrote:Hi

Thanks
pcmalik wrote:Hi SW,

It looks to me that 4th june applications are with the same case worker and he might have gone for summer vacation.
SW wrote:

laskk

Post by laskk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi PC, Sw.

Don't worry guys u r not alone as my frnz (two) has applied on 29 may n they also still waiting.

i think their is sever delay in processing T1 application.

Today i just read one thread in this forum that one guy applied in april n still he haven't recv any result yet.

so keep hope alive.n best of luck with urs applic.

Regards,
Laskk
pcmalik wrote:I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks

SW wrote:

SW
- thin ice -

Post by SW » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:48 pm

Thanks Laskk & PC
laskk wrote:Hi PC, Sw.

Don't worry guys u r not alone as my frnz (two) has applied on 29 may n they also still waiting.

Today i just read one thread in this forum that one guy applied in april n still he haven't recv any result yet.

Regards,
Laskk

Thanks

SW
- thin ice -

Post by SW » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi

Just came back from work and got my Passport with Tier 1 visa stamped.
Thanks to everyone and May God give success to everyone .

(I applied on 4th June)

Thanks
SW wrote:Thanks Laskk & PC
laskk wrote:Hi PC, Sw.

Regards,
Laskk

Thanks

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:42 pm

My dear friends and specially experienced guys PLEASE HELP
I wish to apply for TIER 1. I qualify on point based systems, meet all requirements but I have one serious problem.
I HAVE SON WHO IS PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY RETARDED (A CP CHILD). Neither can walk or talk and has no reconition and he is above 18 years old. CAN I TAKE HIM ALONG WITH ME AS MY DEPENDENT. It iis very crucial for me as I cannot leave him behind since there is no one to look after him.I have writen to HO but there is no direct reply.They only forward FAQS but do not give any direct answer. PLEASE HELP ME WHETHER I SHOULD APPLY AND TAKE A RISK OF LOSING 750 pounds IF THEY REFUSE MY SON.I will be applying from Pakistan

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:43 pm

Khalid,

My best wishes to your family. Under the common law, there can be no discrimination based on mental and physical challenges or age. This is fundamental and visa rules should not be an exception.

I believe that if you qualify, you can certainly take your dependent son with you and his age will make no difference as long as he is your dependent.

regards,

khalidmirza wrote:My dear friends and specially experienced guys PLEASE HELP
I wish to apply for TIER 1. I qualify on point based systems, meet all requirements but I have one serious problem.
I HAVE SON WHO IS PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY RETARDED (A CP CHILD). Neither can walk or talk and has no reconition and he is above 18 years old. CAN I TAKE HIM ALONG WITH ME AS MY DEPENDENT. It iis very crucial for me as I cannot leave him behind since there is no one to look after him.I have writen to HO but there is no direct reply.They only forward FAQS but do not give any direct answer. PLEASE HELP ME WHETHER I SHOULD APPLY AND TAKE A RISK OF LOSING 750 pounds IF THEY REFUSE MY SON.I will be applying from Pakistan

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks Laskk for your advise!

I fully agree that sending a covering letter with your application will do no harm. It will be great if any members who have already got their Tier 1 (general) application approved can share their Covering letter here or in "Cover letter" post above. I am sure this will be a great help for many "newbies" like me.

Thnaks again!!
laskk wrote:Yes, we do have to write the covering letter. but not sure is this the requirement for T1. wait 4 some more comments.

As far i think it will be good to send covering letter which also shows yours presentation n professional skills . As T1 is compeletly base for highly immigrnt.

regards,
Laskk

I am new to the form and hoping to apply for Tier 1 (General) visa from UK at the start of September. I am just wondering the form members who have already received their extension approval for Tier 1 (General), do you guys had to write any cover letters as we used to do with old HSMP format?

Jay

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:09 pm

mbasaaga wrote:Khalid,

My best wishes to your family. Under the common law, there can be no discrimination based on mental and physical challenges or age. This is fundamental and visa rules should not be an exception.

I believe that if you qualify, you can certainly take your dependent son with you and his age will make no difference as long as he is your dependent.

regards,

As per immigration rules for dependents of Tier 1 migrants (para 319A-319K), a child must be under 18 years of age when he applies for leave to enter (entry clearance - from outside UK) as a dependent under Tier 1 category. See para 319F and 319H(c) of Immigration rules.

A dependent, over 18 years of age, can apply for extension (leave to remain - from within UK) if he was granted entry clearance as a dependent under the same category (in this case, Tier 1) and that he must not be married or in a civil partnership, must not have formed an independent family unit, and must not be leading an independent life at the time of the extension application. See para 319H(c) and 319H(d) of Immigration rules.

I would suggest that OP should seek legal advice to check if there is any provision under the law to allow entry under compassionate grounds, as in this case.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jkotha2000

Post by jkotha2000 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:25 pm

Jay4you wrote:Thanks Laskk for your advise!

I fully agree that sending a covering letter with your application will do no harm. It will be great if any members who have already got their Tier 1 (general) application approved can share their Covering letter here or in "Cover letter" post above. I am sure this will be a great help for many "newbies" like me.

Thnaks again!!
laskk wrote:Yes, we do have to write the covering letter. but not sure is this the requirement for T1. wait 4 some more comments.

regards,
Laskk

Jay
The following one I have used, HOPE IT WILL BE USEFUL:

To
The Immigration Officer,
Tier 1 (General),

Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings,

I, <name> , wish to make an initial application under Tier 1 (general) category.
I have qualified the marking system and please find below the points scored in various areas:

Criteria Points Claimed
Previous Earnings
U.K Experience
Total
English Language
Maintenance Funds
Total

The following evidence documentation has been included with the application form:

1. Educational Background - 30 points claimed
Documents provided:

1) Original Bachelors Degree Certificate. (Sub-point 1 of point 65 in page 9 of Tier 1 (General) guidance document)

2) Original transcript of Marks (Sub-point 2 of Point 65 in page 9 of tier 1 (General) guidance document)

3) Original letter from NARIC confirming my bachelor’s degree. (Point 53 in page 9 of Tier 1 (General) guidance document)

2. Past Earnings - 40 points claimed

Earnings Head Amount (GBP)
Indian Salary (12 months) £XX,XXX
U.K Allowance (12 months) £XX,XXX
Total £XX,XXX

• The Period claimed is from DD MMM YYYY to DD MMM YYYY.
• Source of income – Indian Salary
• Source of income - United Kingdom
• Income band selected is A. Working in U.K from DD MMM YYYY to till date (Point 103, page 12 of Tier 1 (General) guidance document)

Documents provided:
1) Source of Income – Indian Salary
2) Source of Income – United Kingdom
3) Exchange rate Printout from www.oanda.com taken on the last date of period claiming which is for DD MMM YYYY. (Point 105, page 14 of Tier 1 (general) guidance document.
3.UK Experience – 5 points

1) I have been living in the UK from DD MMM YYYY on deputation (on a work permit till date).

Documents provided:

As per points 122, 123 & 124, page 15 of Tier 1 Guidance Document. I have claimed points for U.K earnings (supporting evidence provided in Previous Earnings assessment section) and it is more than £XX,XXX.

4. English Language Requirement – 10 Points:

Documents provided:

1) Original Degree Certificate. (Point 179, 180 & 187 page 19 of Tier 1 Guidance document) (Evidence is included in the Qualification section)

2) Original letter from Institute stating that my degree was taught in English

3) Original letter from University stating that my degree was taught in English

4) PBS self assessment print for the qualification picked up from database (As mentioned in the application form)

5. Maintenance Funds – 10 Points:

Document Evidence:

1) Evidence has been provided in previous earnings section by claiming 12 months of U.K earnings which covers < Dates>
2) Sealed and signed Bank statement for the period of <Dates> showing minimum balance more than £XXXX.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information do not hesitate to contact me on <Phone no> or alternatively via email

viren2k7
Newly Registered

Post by viren2k7 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:53 pm

Hi

I applied on 17th June.
Faxed an urgent treatment letter on 17th July
When i call up HO, they say, they have considered the urgent treatment letter and the application is with case worker.
They are giving this answer from last 4-5 days.
Any idea, what could be going on ?
Or how much time more it usually takes

I have to leave abroad by next weekend and in a fix now as dont have passport
Can someone suggest a way forward

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:34 am

sushdmehta wrote:
mbasaaga wrote:Khalid,

regards,

As per immigration rules for dependents of Tier 1 migrants (para 319A-319K), a child must be under 18 years of age when he applies for leave to enter (entry clearance - from outside UK) as a dependent under Tier 1 category. See para 319F and 319H(c) of Immigration rules.

A dependent, over 18 years of age, can apply for extension (leave to remain - from within UK) if he was granted entry clearance as a dependent under the same category (in this case, Tier 1) and that he must not be married or in a civil partnership, must not have formed an independent family unit, and must not be leading an independent life at the time of the extension application. See para 319H(c) and 319H(d) of Immigration rules.

I would suggest that OP should seek legal advice to check if there is any provision under the law to allow entry under compassionate grounds, as in this case.

regards

Hi Brother Sushdmehta
I have read all your mails on this forum. u r the most learned and informed member. This is my apprehension as you have pointed. Can you please advise me the right legal advisor or in detail suggest me how to go about it. my apprehension is that some one will promise me not to worry but later once my case is approved my special child will be left aside at the mercy of others which i will never accept. I will rather give up anything but not a child who cannot survive without assistance. Please write in detail to me. My e mail is khalidi65@hotmail.com

If any legal advisor is on this forum I would request his opinion as well

THANKS

raush
Newly Registered

Approved :)

Post by raush » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:09 am

Hi Everyone,

Here are my details if this can help anyone in getting a clue on waiting time:

Type of application : WP to Tier 1
Application Sent : 12/06/2008
Payment taken : 13/06/2008
Ref no dated : 13/06/2008
Ref number : PB308******/001
Stamped on : 25/07/08
Recevied on : 05/08/08
Days: 55

No urgent treatment letter sent.

Sent minimum documents: 1. Degree certificate/bank statements/P60/passport.

Cheers,
Raush

pcmalik

Re: Approved :)

Post by pcmalik » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:57 am

What was the issue date of your bank statement that you used for maintenance funds?
raush wrote:Hi Everyone,

Cheers,
Raush

chinkal
Newly Registered

Got Visa for 3 years

Post by chinkal » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:13 am

Hi Friends,
Now it is me to give good news.
my time line:
Tier 1 General
Date of sent 9 June 2008
HO reached 10 June 2008
Payment Taken 10 June 2008
HO ref sent No acknowledgement received. got reference number on phone,
HO Ref: PB3083******
Decision: 23-July-2008
Document received- 05- August - 2008

I would like to thanks every one on this forum who keep posting to help others. This forum help me to be in touch with my application while waiting as i was checking this forum for update at least 10 time a day. :D . At last it is end of my long wait. :D

BEST OF LUCK to every one who is waiting.

xvid2006
Newly Registered

Still waiting!!

Post by xvid2006 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:18 am

It's good to see visa application between 4- 14 june popping up. I am still waiting for mine...has anybody been able to reach HO in last few days. The phone no. is not working ..you keep waiting and then suddenly comes 'Plz hang up'

congrats to those all who got it

Applied:10th June
Fee deducted: 10th June
Ref No. dated: 11th June
Ref No.: PB3***

skrai4u
Newly Registered

MY PBS Tier 1 VISA

Post by skrai4u » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 am

I got our passport (myself, spouse and two kids) Passport back today from HO with Tier 1 approved (06/08/2008).

I have the limited leave in UK up until 31 Jul 2011.

Points claimed/awarded:120/120
Age- 0/0
Earnings - 50/50
Degree - 50/50
Maintainence - 10/10
English - 10/10

Documents provided (All originals)
Ph.D Certificate (IIT)
Payslips and bank statements (stamped and signed)
Letter from Institute for English
One month bank statements for Maintainence ( applied before 29 June)

Here are my timelines: WP -> Tier 1 ; within UK
Applied: June 20, 2008
Payment taken on June 23,2008
Acknowledgment received on June 24, 2008 ( dated June 23, 2008)
Urgent Treatment Request on June 28, 2008 (Travel for business)
Visa Approved on 31 Jul 2008
Documents received on 06 Aug, 2008

PS: I am due to apply for Canadian WP in next week for arranged job in Canada.

All the best to all of you who are still waiting and are intending to apply.

Really thankful to this platform for so supportive.

SKRAI4U

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:30 am

This is much appreciated!

Thank You!!
jkotha2000 wrote: The following one I have used, HOPE IT WILL BE USEFUL:

To
The Immigration Officer,
Tier 1 (General),

Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings,

I, <name> , wish to make an initial application under Tier 1 (general) category.
I have qualified the marking system and please find below the points scored in various areas:

Criteria Points Claimed
Previous Earnings
U.K Experience
Total
English Language
Maintenance Funds
Total

The following evidence documentation has been included with the application form:

1. Educational Background - 30 points claimed
Documents provided:

1) Original Bachelors Degree Certificate. (Sub-point 1 of point 65 in page 9 of Tier 1 (General) guidance document)

2) Original transcript of Marks (Sub-point 2 of Point 65 in page 9 of tier 1 (General) guidance document)

3) Original letter from NARIC confirming my bachelor’s degree. (Point 53 in page 9 of Tier 1 (General) guidance document)

2. Past Earnings - 40 points claimed

Earnings Head Amount (GBP)
Indian Salary (12 months) £XX,XXX
U.K Allowance (12 months) £XX,XXX
Total £XX,XXX

• The Period claimed is from DD MMM YYYY to DD MMM YYYY.
• Source of income – Indian Salary
• Source of income - United Kingdom
• Income band selected is A. Working in U.K from DD MMM YYYY to till date (Point 103, page 12 of Tier 1 (General) guidance document)

Documents provided:
1) Source of Income – Indian Salary
2) Source of Income – United Kingdom
3) Exchange rate Printout from www.oanda.com taken on the last date of period claiming which is for DD MMM YYYY. (Point 105, page 14 of Tier 1 (general) guidance document.
3.UK Experience – 5 points

1) I have been living in the UK from DD MMM YYYY on deputation (on a work permit till date).

Documents provided:

As per points 122, 123 & 124, page 15 of Tier 1 Guidance Document. I have claimed points for U.K earnings (supporting evidence provided in Previous Earnings assessment section) and it is more than £XX,XXX.

4. English Language Requirement – 10 Points:

Documents provided:

1) Original Degree Certificate. (Point 179, 180 & 187 page 19 of Tier 1 Guidance document) (Evidence is included in the Qualification section)

2) Original letter from Institute stating that my degree was taught in English

3) Original letter from University stating that my degree was taught in English

4) PBS self assessment print for the qualification picked up from database (As mentioned in the application form)

5. Maintenance Funds – 10 Points:

Document Evidence:

1) Evidence has been provided in previous earnings section by claiming 12 months of U.K earnings which covers < Dates>
2) Sealed and signed Bank statement for the period of <Dates> showing minimum balance more than £XXXX.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information do not hesitate to contact me on <Phone no> or alternatively via email

raush
Newly Registered

Post by raush » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:19 am

pcmalik wrote:What was the issue date of your bank statement that you used for maintenance funds?

Cheers,
Raush
I provided last 3 month's bank statement prior to application date although the time i applied they were asking for only one statement having minimum £800 within last month.

Cheers,
Raush

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:28 am

Was there any gap between your application date and bank statement issue date?
raush wrote:
pcmalik wrote:What was the issue date of your bank statement that you used for maintenance funds?

Cheers,
Raush
I provided last 3 month's bank statement prior to application date although the time i applied they were asking for only one statement having minimum £800 within last month.

Cheers,
Raush

viren2k7
Newly Registered

Applied on 17th June, Still waiting

Post by viren2k7 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:59 am

Hi

I applied on 17th June, faxed urgent treatment letter on 17th July
Still waiting for reply

Have to go abroad on 15th Aug.

HO says its with case worker.
Anyone who can suggest how to expadiate the process

mbasaaga

Re: Applied on 17th June, Still waiting

Post by mbasaaga » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:25 pm

Did the HO confirm whether your urgent treatment request had been updated in the system?
viren2k7 wrote:Hi

I applied on 17th June, faxed urgent treatment letter on 17th July
Still waiting for reply

Have to go abroad on 15th Aug.

HO says its with case worker.
Anyone who can suggest how to expadiate the process

raush
Newly Registered

Post by raush » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:36 pm

yes, but it was less then 30 days.
pcmalik wrote:Was there any gap between your application date and bank statement issue date?
raush wrote:

Cheers,
Raush

Cheers,
Raush