ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Spouse visa after spending time outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhishek_10
India

New Spouse visa after spending time outside UK

Post by abhishek_10 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi

I'm looking to apply for my wife's dependent/spouse visa to UK.
I am a British citizen by naturalization moved back to India mid-last year due to family circumstances. My wife had successfully applied for a UK visa in June 2016 and we both lived in the UK till May 2019. But before we could extend her visa, family circumstances forced us to return to India and we've now been here for almost 10 months.

We're now looking to move back to the UK in May of this year and would need to apply for her fresh visa. I was wondering if anyone sees an issue with the scenario of applying for a fresh Spouse visa for the 2nd time? I mainly ask this as the visa is granted with a view of living permanently in the UK, however our situation forced us to move to India for sometime.

Was wondering if anyone's been in this boat and had success the 2nd time as well?

Regards,
A

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: New Spouse visa after spending time outside UK

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:00 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:27 pm
Hi

I'm looking to apply for my wife's dependent/spouse visa to UK.
I am a British citizen by naturalization moved back to India mid-last year due to family circumstances. My wife had successfully applied for a UK visa in June 2016 and we both lived in the UK till May 2019. But before we could extend her visa, family circumstances forced us to return to India and we've now been here for almost 10 months.

We're now looking to move back to the UK in May of this year and would need to apply for her fresh visa. I was wondering if anyone sees an issue with the scenario of applying for a fresh Spouse visa for the 2nd time? I mainly ask this as the visa is granted with a view of living permanently in the UK, however our situation forced us to move to India for sometime.

Was wondering if anyone's been in this boat and had success the 2nd time as well?

Regards,
A
If her visa hasn't yet expired then after returning to UK she can apply extension provided you can supply 2 years of cohabitation evidences (which maybe you can't) and meet the financial & language requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Hi, her visa has expired in July of last year so this will be a fresh application.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:38 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:06 pm
Hi, her visa has expired in July of last year so this will be a fresh application.
what's your plan with financial requirements?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:20 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Yes She can apply 2nd spouse visa application provided all requirements are met. Do you have cash savings of £62500 to meet the financial requirement?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:55 pm

iwolga wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:38 pm
abhishek_10 wrote:
what's your plan with financial requirements?
Since I've been working in India since coming back, my salary is more than GBP 18,600 for the year converted. My understanding is that if we both plan to go to the UK together, I can show this to satisfy the financial requirements.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:56 pm

Yes but you also have to have evidence of a job in the UK at the required salary to start within 3 months if returning. It must be a verifiable and genuine job.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:56 pm
Yes but you also have to have evidence of a job in the UK at the required salary to start within 3 months if returning. It must be a verifiable and genuine job.
Hi CR001, yes I would be able to show a job offer with my current company who'll transfer me to the UK branch.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:08 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:56 pm
Hi CR001, yes I would be able to show a job offer with my current company who'll transfer me to the UK branch.
If you also have accommodation in UK, your wife passed English test, I don't see why another visa application will be a problem.

Her clock for ILR will restart once she's in UK, you will need to pay again the fees, but for the rest your circumstances seem completely reasonable for another application. Don't forget to enclose a cover letter with explanation of your situation.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:41 am

iwolga wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:08 pm

If you also have accommodation in UK, your wife passed English test, I don't see why another visa application will be a problem.

Her clock for ILR will restart once she's in UK, you will need to pay again the fees, but for the rest your circumstances seem completely reasonable for another application. Don't forget to enclose a cover letter with explanation of your situation.
Thanks Iwolga. I don't yet have accomodation as I plan to travel together with my wife. I do have family that stay in the UK, and we'd be staying with them post we land till we can find a place for us. Could you see that to be an issue?

I take your point about the Cover letter. Will keep that in mind.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:50 am

abhishek_10 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:41 am

. I do have family that stay in the UK, and we'd be staying with them post we land till we can find a place for us. Could you see that to be an issue?
You will need their title deed, mortgage statement and noc letter.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:00 pm

Haven be out of UK for over 6 months and making fresh application, do consider TB cert, meeting English language requirements too.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:18 pm

Thanks Seagul & AmazonianX for your responses.

Another thing I was hoping to get some clarification on was on the "Proving the relationship". Since my partner has lived in the UK in the past on the Spouse visa, is that given any consideration (I still have council tax receipts from a year ago that I could produce), or would I need to provide all proofs of our relationship from before our marriage till this final year we've spent in India?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:17 pm

abhishek_10 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:18 pm
would I need to provide all proofs of our relationship from before our marriage till this final year we've spent in India?
I think yes because the new application will be dealt on its own merit.

abhishek_10
India

Post by abhishek_10 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:17 pm

I think yes because the new application will be dealt on its own merit.
I understand. Thanks Seagul.