ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best way to rectify omitted information from online application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gofornaturalisation
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Best way to rectify omitted information from online application

Post by gofornaturalisation » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:16 pm

Hi all,

Just hoping to get some advice based on a silly omission I made in my recent naturalisation application that I submitted on 21 Jan 2020; your help would be greatly appreciated.

My application for naturalisation was made on the basis of having settled status for a year, and this is one of the 1st things I mentioned in my cover letter, as well as providing the emailed confirmation letter from the Home Office as part of my additional documents.

Unfortunately, I completely omitted the settled status application from the "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" question in the online form, so I'm hoping to rectify this.

My questions are:

1. Is it a good idea to email the HO to tell them about this specific omission because it's a ridiculous error, and
2. What is the best email address to send an email to? I have noticed a few thrown out there in the timeline thread but a status update request may be different to providing additional information.

Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it!

gofornaturalisation
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Best way to rectify omitted information from online application

Post by gofornaturalisation » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi there,

I should add that I have indeed included mention of settled status in the section of the online application asking "Have you been granted indefinite leave to enter, or remain, in the UK?"

I said yes here (settled status is indefinite leave to remain) and gave the date it was granted to me.

Perhaps that was why I didn't include it in the other section. Anyway, if you think it should also have been included in the "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" section, please let me know and if you have the correct email address, that would be amazing.

Thanks.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:45 am

it's a minor and common issue. Have you attended the UKVCAS appointment? If you have not, then simply write another cover letter and mention the omission. upload the letter to your UKVCAS account before your appointment.
if you have already attended the appointment and given your biometrics, then you should write a cover letter explaining the omission and email it to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
When writing the letter, ensure you quote your case ID.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

gofornaturalisation
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by gofornaturalisation » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:03 am

Hi djsuccess, thanks very much for your response.

I attended the biometrics appointment already so I'll send them a quick email with cover letter to the address you suggested, thank you.

It's quite ridiculous that I didn't include it but I think it's because I'd already made mention of it earlier in the application, I didn't realise it was supposed to be in there again. You mention its a minor issue, I hope you're right, I'd hate to cause unnecessary delays because of it.

Thanks again.