ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year multiple visa rule

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nikitasha8

5 year multiple visa rule

Post by nikitasha8 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:39 am

Hi

We want to apply for 5 year multiple visa for my monther in law. She has been here 3 times before, first time we applied for 6 month visa and next time she was granted 2 year visa.

I know that she cannot stay in this coutry for more that 180 days but i want to check if she has to wait for another 6 months to re-enter or she can come again after couple of months of leaving the country?

She lives alone and suffers from Cancer so we need to look after her so we wanted her to be here with us for maximum time she can.

We had a thought of applying for Elderly dependent visa but as she has lung cancer so we doubt she will be approved for that.

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 5 year multiple visa rule

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:17 am

Hello

You have to be careful with this.

There is something they test, it's in the guidance actually, this is if the appplicant is not making UK home by successive and frequent visits. It's subjective and open to the appreciation of the Home Office.

Adult Dependent Relatives visas are very difficult to get. They are usually refused and the door to visitor visas is closed.

The full narrative is here (page 18):
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 5 year multiple visa rule

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:25 am

So just to complete my answer:

Yes, you can apply for 5 years. As she has a clean immigration history with the UK and gave her longer and longer visas, the chance of her getting a 5 year is high.

But avoid successive long visits with short intervals out of the UK.