ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR expiring

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aalca
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR expiring

Post by Aalca » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:24 am

Hi! My BRP for my ILR is expiring in 5 months and I am planning to renew it. I had my ILR for almost 10 years. The problem is that for the first 7 years of having this ILR, I didn’t really stay in the UK because I was studying in my home country. I only come to the UK every 2 years maintain my ILR status. But on the last 3 years, I permanently settled in the UK and had a full-time job in the NHS.

Now, I am asked to provide documents to prove my stay in the UK such as council tax, GP and school Letter, employment letter or utility bills. In the website it says:

“The document(s) you provide must cover every year since you became a permanent resident.”

However, I have never paid council taxes or utility bills as I live with my parents who pays for them. I have only been to the GP like every 3-4 years and I have never enrolled to a school here in the UK. Also, I have only started working in the last 3 years.

Thus, I can probably only provide letter from the GP covering those few visits I had every 3-4 years and a letter from my employer for my past 3 years of employment. I can provide bank statements for 10 years but it’s not included in the list of evidences they ask.

Will this suffice? Or will there be a chance that my BRP or ILR get revoked?

Thanks in advance!

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR expiring

Post by London22 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:29 am

Aalca wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:24 am
Hi! My BRP for my ILR is expiring in 5 months and I am planning to renew it. I had my ILR for almost 10 years. The problem is that for the first 7 years of having this ILR, I didn’t really stay in the UK because I was studying in my home country. I only come to the UK every 2 years maintain my ILR status. But on the last 3 years, I permanently settled in the UK and had a full-time job in the NHS.

Now, I am asked to provide documents to prove my stay in the UK such as council tax, GP and school Letter, employment letter or utility bills. In the website it says:

“The document(s) you provide must cover every year since you became a permanent resident.”

However, I have never paid council taxes or utility bills as I live with my parents who pays for them. I have only been to the GP like every 3-4 years and I have never enrolled to a school here in the UK. Also, I have only started working in the last 3 years.

Thus, I can probably only provide letter from the GP covering those few visits I had every 3-4 years and a letter from my employer for my past 3 years of employment. I can provide bank statements for 10 years but it’s not included in the list of evidences they ask.

Will this suffice? Or will there be a chance that my BRP or ILR get revoked?

Thanks in advance!
You should supply bank statements if you have .Council tax letter isnt essential.Main proof is holding ILR itself .If you wouldnt have stayed here according to rules then ILR would have been lost.But as you are following the rules hence you can apply for citizenship once you can &for it better just seek legal advise from an intelligent lawyer.NHS letters &payslips can prove you residency.Whatever is written in rules is not always a practical thing.

Aalca
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR expiring

Post by Aalca » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:16 am

London22 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:29 am
You should supply bank statements if you have .Council tax letter isnt essential.Main proof is holding ILR itself .If you wouldnt have stayed here according to rules then ILR would have been lost.But as you are following the rules hence you can apply for citizenship once you can &for it better just seek legal advise from an intelligent lawyer.NHS letters &payslips can prove you residency.Whatever is written in rules is not always a practical thing.
Thanks! But I can’t apply for citizenship yet as I have not fulfilled my residency requirements. I am only renewing my BRP. And my only problem is that I can only provide proof of residency in the UK for the past 3 years but not for my first 7 years of stay with reasons state on my initial post. But hopefully bank statements will suffice even if there were no sufficient transactions.

I understand that my ILR have no expiry date, but only my BRP, but it’s difficult to take chances especially that I only need 2 more years to apply for citizenship.