ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa- Accomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nadeem82
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa- Accomodation

Post by Nadeem82 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi,

I am a British national and wanted to apply for a Spouse visa for my Pakistani passport holder wife. I have a good idea of supporting documents but wanted to clear just one thing about accommodation requirement.

1) Can somebody please tell if Accommodation needs to be occupied by sponsor (myself) to apply for a spouse visa and I should have proof that I am paying rent to landlord (through bank statements)?

2)Can I arrange a pre-tenancy agreement where I will be start renting a place after few months? Tenancy agreement, inspection report will be attached? I am currently living in a shared place and was thinking to fine a place, do a contract with landlord where contract will start in April. The sole reason is that I don't need a studio flat just yet and a decision will take 2-3 months.

Can somebody please clarify that for me. I will be extremely thankful.

Nadeem82
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa- Accomodation

Post by Nadeem82 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi,
Can any of the moderators please reply to my question. I will be extremely thankful.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa- Accomodation

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:07 pm

Nadeem82 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:25 pm
Hi,

I am a British national and wanted to apply for a Spouse visa for my Pakistani passport holder wife. I have a good idea of supporting documents but wanted to clear just one thing about accommodation requirement.

1) Can somebody please tell if Accommodation needs to be occupied by sponsor (myself) to apply for a spouse visa and I should have proof that I am paying rent to landlord (through bank statements)?

2)Can I arrange a pre-tenancy agreement where I will be start renting a place after few months? Tenancy agreement, inspection report will be attached? I am currently living in a shared place and was thinking to fine a place, do a contract with landlord where contract will start in April. The sole reason is that I don't need a studio flat just yet and a decision will take 2-3 months.

Can somebody please clarify that for me. I will be extremely thankful.
1. Yes. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

2. It will be a very risky manoeuvre. Have a look on the application fee and on the consequences where if the application gets refused on basis of accomodation then decide yourself.

Most of renters especially in London cannot afford or don't like the heavy housing cost but still the new legislations are in favor of tenants such as banning the agency/tenancy heavy fees, forcing the landlords to make sure that their property is fit to live and in future there might be an end of no fault section 21 notice where you have to vacate the property without any reason.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.