ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning brp after naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jason32
Member of Standing

Returning brp after naturalisation?

Post by jason32 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:18 am

Hey guys I just got my certificate and applied for my passport but I have a UK born British citizen child and was thinking about applying for her passport now but reading some posts about my BRP being a requirement for my kids passport don’t know what to do about returning it? I just have 2 more days before this 5 days thing...what to do?

Thanka

jason32
Member of Standing

Re: Returning brp after naturalisation?

Post by jason32 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:53 am

Will I be able to apply for her passport without my original brp?

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:46 am

jason32 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:18 am
Hey guys I just got my certificate and applied for my passport but I have a UK born British citizen child and was thinking about applying for her passport now but reading some posts about my BRP being a requirement for my kids passport don’t know what to do about returning it? I just have 2 more days before this 5 days thing...what to do?

Thanka
When your child born? after your Settled status but before citizenship or before your settled status ?
Also on safe side keep the scan copies of your BRP and also keep the 2 attested copies of your BRP from Post office, if your child born after your settled status and before your citizenship.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:03 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:46 am
jason32 wrote:

Thanka
When your child born? after your Settled status but before citizenship or before your settled status ?
Also on safe side keep the scan copies of your BRP and also keep the 2 attested copies of your BRP from Post office, if your child born after your settled status and before your citizenship.
Thanks for your reply, she was born before I got my ILR, does it still matter?

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:47 pm

jason32 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:03 pm
sunny007 wrote:
jason32 wrote:

Thanka
Yes, its matter,

You need to register her first as British through MN1 once your child recieved the certificate then you can apply for her passport.
Note : my child was also born before my ILR in UK, I have applied her certificate through MN1 the very first day after getting the ILR

Guidence link : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -Jul19.pdf
Apply online through this link : https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:16 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:47 pm
jason32 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:03 pm
sunny007 wrote:
jason32 wrote:

Thanka
Yes, its matter,

You need to register her first as British through MN1 once your child recieved the certificate then you can apply for her passport.
Note : my child was also born before my ILR in UK, I have applied her certificate through MN1 the very first day after getting the ILR

Guidence link : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -Jul19.pdf
Apply online through this link : https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1
Yes she has her certificate, just wanted to know if I’ll have to send my brp with her passport application because I am supposed to return the brp back to home office within 5 days of my naturalisation which is by this Friday.