ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate Level Job

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fomar

Graduate Level Job

Post by fomar » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:03 am

I would like to apply to HSMP and I do not know if my job will be considered as a graduate levl job or not. my post is marketing executive in the field of exhibitions and events organizing (event planner). canada immigration bodies evalute this kind of job as a graduate level job that needs a degree. what does UK authorities say??

•producing detailed proposals for events including timelines, venue suggestions and budgets.
•selling stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors.
•helping in creating a publicity campaign to promote the event to the public.
•Liaising with clients and designers to create a brand or look for the event.
•securing and booking a suitable venue for the event.
•arranging accommodation for exhibitors and/or delegates.
•keeping accurate records of client requirements, bookings etc.
•organizing tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures.
•preparing delegate packs and papers.
•coordinating all contributors on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
•organizing insurance and security for the event and ensuring that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
•coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire.
•ensuring that the event is broken down efficiently and the venue cleared on time.
•liaising with other company functions such as sales, finance and operations;
•acting as liaison between client and art house by maintaining regular contact with both and ensuring that communication flows effectively.
•verbally presenting ideas and information.
[/list]

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:54 am

Did you undertake any 'formal' studies - say degree course as a pre-requisite to getting the job... (I.e are any of your colleagues graduates, and was it a requirement for them to be graduates prior to beeing accepted for the job(s)?
Where there is a will there is a way.

fomar

Post by fomar » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:58 am

Yes, I have a dgree in german language and literature. it was already a requirement to have a degree to get the job and all my colleagues are graduate.

But how the HO will know all about that. It is almost so difficult to let my employer give me a letter with all these information.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:15 am

But how the HO will know all about that. It is almost so difficult to let my employer give me a letter with all these information.

Include your degree certificate and explain all the above in the covering letter

Good Luck
Where there is a will there is a way.