ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Check and Send progress tracking

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirmal_kishore

Passport Check and Send progress tracking

Post by nirmal_kishore » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:53 am

Hi My wife recently applied for her first British passport and currently waiting to receive it. I have a couple queries in relation to this:

1. She applied via Post Office Check & Send. I see some of the members have posted the processing timelines with dates/times of when the application was received, when it got approved, etc. How are you obtaining this information? Does everything come through as a text or is it letters? Online applicants seem to be able to provide much more granular detail of the processing and I presume this information is available online?

2. the address she used is of a house (i.e. not a flat) however we have moved to a different address recently. Does the passport just get dropped in the mailbox or is it a DX signed for? Assuming there isn't anyone at home at the time of delivery, how do we receive it?

any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport Check and Send progress tracking

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:41 am

1. Detailed information is available when you apply online as you can log in to view the timeline. Can't comment on the paper form processing status.
2. From my own experience it was dropped through the letter box, no signature. You should contact HMPO about the new address.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

nirmal_kishore

Post by nirmal_kishore » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:05 am

thanks very much

Anambra
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Anambra » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:30 pm

nirmal_kishore wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:53 am
Hi My wife recently applied for her first British passport and currently waiting to receive it. I have a couple queries in relation to this:

1. She applied via Post Office Check & Send. I see some of the members have posted the processing timelines with dates/times of when the application was received, when it got approved, etc. How are you obtaining this information? Does everything come through as a text or is it letters? Online applicants seem to be able to provide much more granular detail of the processing and I presume this information is available online?

2. the address she used is of a house (i.e. not a flat) however we have moved to a different address recently. Does the passport just get dropped in the mailbox or is it a DX signed for? Assuming there isn't anyone at home at the time of delivery, how do we receive it?

any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks
https://www.dxdelivery.com/static/HMPO/