ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA RC - validity

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iwolga
United Kingdom

EEA RC - validity

Post by iwolga » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I finally received my EEA RC today (yay!!).

It was issued post-Brexit (03/02/3020) and the validity is till 30/06/2021. The letter that is enclosed with the card says: The validity of this card has been limited to 30/06/2021 as the EU law right of residence which it evidences will fall away after this date. Should you wish to remain in the UK after 30/06/2021 you should apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you have not done so already.

I don't know what this means for cards issued pre-Brexit, just thought I will share it here for the sake of public knowledge.

april123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EEA RC - validity

Post by april123 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:02 pm

Hi, iwogla,congratulations ! Some people have changed their BRC card under eea to eu settlement. There is a link may help you eea-route-applications/change-brc-issue ... 88138.html
Due to date validity and no process of EEA FM, I withdrawn my previous EEA application and am waiting for decision from Eu Settlement Scheme. Luckily, everthing is going well this time and hopefully get a decision soon. In my opinion, it would be for safer for non eu family memeber to hold a valid physical card when you are traveling after 2021. From a friend of mine who has BRC now, HO didn't issue a new EU settlement card to her but just a confirmation email. So you may repalce a new five-year card from HO, it's up to you.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:13 pm

april123 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:02 pm
Hi, iwogla,congratulations ! Some people have changed their BRC card under eea to eu settlement. There is a link may help you eea-route-applications/change-brc-issue ... 88138.html
Due to date validity and no process of EEA FM, I withdrawn my previous EEA application and am waiting for decision from Eu Settlement Scheme. Luckily, everthing is going well this time and hopefully get a decision soon. In my opinion, it would be for safer for non eu family memeber to hold a valid physical card when you are traveling after 2021. From a friend of mine who has BRC now, HO didn't issue a new EU settlement card to her but just a confirmation email. So you may repalce a new five-year card from HO, it's up to you.
Hi, thanks! I don't feel any joy really more a relief that I can finally be - sort of - free. I hope your EUSS will come fast and positive. I'm going to hold with exchange of the card till later this year as I want to feel a bit free from all immigration hassle.

I'm planning to apply for EUSS soon if this is possible without conversion of the card.

april123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by april123 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:05 pm

iwolga wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:13 pm
april123 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:02 pm
Hi, thanks! I don't feel any joy really more a relief that I can finally be - sort of - free. I hope your EU Settlement Scheme will come fast and positive. I'm going to hold with exchange of the card till later this year as I want to feel a bit free from all immigration hassle.

I'm planning to apply for EU Settlement Scheme soon if this is possible without conversion of the card.
I totally understand how relieved your are. It has been around 5 months since we submitted the application. Last time, I was told Home office sent my biometrics letter to a wrong address in September that wasted me a few months. But this time when I apply for EU settlment scheme, everything becomes more flexible and easier. I uploaded all documents online and able to hold my ID at hand, so it doesn't influence my daily life and traveling.I always believe results will be positive, just need to be patient. Since you have a BRP card, it will be much quicker and easier to get result from Eu Settlement Scheme. No worries at all. :D

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:30 pm

So I have my EEA RC now and I want to apply for pre-settled status. My husband (EU citizen) already has one. Will my application also trigger an exchange of the card? I don't want to have it changed now as I have a lot of travel plans.
Think about what you are asking. If an application to the Settlement Scheme automatically triggered an exchange of your existing card, then the voluntary EEA-to-EUSS card conversion process (discussed in this post, of which you are aware of) would not exist.

So answer to your question is: Obviously not.

According to the EUSS Page - After you've applied:
If you’re from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland
You will get a physical document if you do not already have a biometric residence card.
In other words, if you already have a biometric residence card when you apply to the EUSS, then you will not get another physical document. So no automatic "exchange".
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:39 pm

kamoe wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:30 pm
So I have my EEA RC now and I want to apply for pre-settled status. My husband (EU citizen) already has one. Will my application also trigger an exchange of the card? I don't want to have it changed now as I have a lot of travel plans.
Think about what you are asking. If an application to the Settlement Scheme automatically triggered an exchange of your existing card, then the voluntary EEA-to-EUSS card conversion process (discussed in this post, of which you are aware of) would not exist.

So answer to your question is: Obviously not.

According to the EU Settlement Scheme Page - After you've applied:
If you’re from outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland
You will get a physical document if you do not already have a biometric residence card.
In other words, if you already have a biometric residence card when you apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, then you will not get another physical document. So no automatic "exchange".
Great, thank you, kamoe. You are right, my question was a bit illogical. However, I just wanted to double check before I do anything further.

april123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by april123 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:37 pm

Hello,iwolga

I am granted pre-settled today and the card is on its way. It has been two months since I submitted the second application. I am quite happy and hope you will get your decision email under EUSS soon! :D

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:52 pm

april123 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:37 pm
Hello,iwolga

I am granted pre-settled today and the card is on its way. It has been two months since I submitted the second application. I am quite happy and hope you will get your decision email under EU Settlement Scheme soon! :D
Wow! Congrats! That was faster than my EEA RC application! Best of luck!

I didn't apply for EUSS yet as I can't download the app on my idiot-phone. For some reason they restricted countries of the AppStore, where this app is available. Since I'm still using Russia, I can't access it. Waiting for my husband to come back from business trip, so we'll do it on his phone

april123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by april123 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:45 pm

iwolga wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:52 pm
april123 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:37 pm
Hello,iwolga

I am granted pre-settled today and the card is on its way. It has been two months since I submitted the second application. I am quite happy and hope you will get your decision email under EU Settlement Scheme soon! :D
Wow! Congrats! That was faster than my EEA RC application! Best of luck!

I didn't apply for EU Settlement Scheme yet as I can't download the app on my idiot-phone. For some reason they restricted countries of the AppStore, where this app is available. Since I'm still using Russia, I can't access it. Waiting for my husband to come back from business trip, so we'll do it on his phone
Yeah, new card saved me a lot of time! Your application for EUSS won't take too long since you have BRC already. My friend had to post her documents because of phone issue, but she got decision by email within one week. The only thing might be kinda annoying for you is card replacement after 2021, I saw some people take months to exchange a new valid one. But who knows, in the future, your may be able to reply on digital record instead of a physical card at customs.