ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls Help: Applying for dependent father through settled status.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Brexitistoxic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Pls Help: Applying for dependent father through settled status.

Post by Brexitistoxic » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:48 am

Hello Everyone,

This forum ha been very helpful in the past. Moderators like Obie, we're immensely helpful. For this I am forever grateful to him and others.

Now my situation...

I have just received my settled status as an EU citizen few days back. I am looking to use my status to bring my father who is dependent on me. After his cancer treatment. The problem is financial assistance may be difficult to prove due to me sending money to him through a third party.

Please what documents are required of me and from my dad to submit a successful application.
Please anyone with similar experience should share.

Brexitistoxic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Pls Help: Applying for dependent father through settled status.

Post by Brexitistoxic » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:12 pm

Please I need your urgent help in relation to question. please, anyone with the right information on the paper work to submit. My father is a not an eu citizen who lives outside Europe. He has been to the UK a couple of times as well.
Thanks

Cookie0801
United Kingdom

Post by Cookie0801 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi,

You can apply through the EU settlement scheme family permit. He is the applicant and you are his sponsor and you need to include your details in his application, most importantly your settled status number.

You need to include all the documents they tell you in the checklist.

Basically you need to prove three things:

Prove you’re an EEA citizen who is exercising treaty rights (working, self employed etc). So if you’re working for example you can include things like your employment contract, payslips, bank statements, P60s, P45 etc (last 6 months is good)

Prove your relationship. So things like birth certificates (or dna test), pictures of you and him, flights when you go see him, whatsapp convo/call log

Proof of dependency (although under this family permit, dependency is assumed). So things like money transfers slips of money you’ve sent him or bills/medical treatments you’ve paid for.

You should also include a supporting statement where you explain your situation and his situation. Hope that helps.

Brexitistoxic
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Brexitistoxic » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:25 am

Thanks very much. In this situation is dependency assumed?.

Cookie0801
United Kingdom

Post by Cookie0801 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:28 pm

Brexitistoxic wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:25 am
Thanks very much. In this situation is dependency assumed?.
Yes, here is an example of someone who successful got the family permit for a parent without evidence of dependency:
eea-route-applications/eu-settlement-sc ... 83013.html