ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joe3474
United Kingdom

FLR(M) advice

Post by Joe3474 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:30 pm

After a successful appeal, my partner will be joining me within the next few weeks on a Fiancee Visa. I understand this visa is only for 6 months so that we can get married & then proceed to the FLR(M).

I have 3 questions;

Firstly, how soon after the marriage, can we apply for the FLR(M) Visa? Can we apply right away?

Secondly, having did a 'dummy run' on the FLR application website, it asks for evidence of living together for the last 2 years, but how would that be possible as my partner is only entering so soon?

And lastly, unfortunately my partners dad suddenly died, from a heart attack, in their home country last week.
There is so much to sort out I.E finances and property. So my question is, will my partner be allowed to leave the U.K soon after the marriage or would they need to wait until the FLR(M) has been approved?

Thanks in advance for any help

geoeng
Canada

Re: FLR(M) advice

Post by geoeng » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Joe3474 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:30 pm
Firstly, how soon after the marriage, can we apply for the FLR(M) Visa? Can we apply right away?
Yes, keeping in mind the need to provide a marriage certificate as supporting evidence.
Joe3474 wrote:
Secondly, having did a 'dummy run' on the FLR application website, it asks for evidence of living together for the last 2 years, but how would that be possible as my partner is only entering so soon?
Not required to submit this evidence when switching from the fiancee visa per paragraph E-LTRP.1.10. of Appendix FM of the immigration rules. The same application form is used for future FLR(M) applications where this will be required and for some reason the online form was not setup to handle all the different application situations it is used for and includes this on the list of supporting documents for all FLR(M) applications.
Joe3474 wrote:
So my question is, will my partner be allowed to leave the U.K soon after the marriage or would they need to wait until the FLR(M) has been approved?
The fiancee visa is technically a multiple entry visa for a period of 6 months for the purposes of facilitating the marriage; however, once married any future attempts to enter the UK would not be for this purpose, so I'm not sure re-entry would necessarily be guaranteed. Your partner would not be able to leave the UK while the FLR(M) application is being processed as leaving results in the application being considered withdrawn. If you want certainty in this situation, there is the option of paying an additional £800 for super priority service with the FLR(M) application, which should result in a decision by the next business day after the biometric appointment, or two business days after for appointments on weekends (unless the application is considered complex).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Joe3474
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) advice

Post by Joe3474 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:07 pm

Geoeng; Thank you so much for the reply and you're knowledge, most helpful.

Thanks again