ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application- SP30 Speeding

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mursh1m
Newly Registered
India

ILR application- SP30 Speeding

Post by Mursh1m » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm eligible to apply for ILR from this month i.e. Feb 2020. I had an SP30 penalty on my license for speeding back in 2016 which has expired in 2019. I paid a fine about 100 pounds and had 3 points on my license which has expired in 2019. I didn't go to court for it as I accepted the FPN and paid the fine

My questions is- Do I need to declare this in my ILR application?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application- SP30 Speeding

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:11 pm

Suggest you do but has no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mursh1m
Newly Registered
India

Post by Mursh1m » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:00 pm

Thanks Zimba

You had responded the below to one of the topic in the forum and had confirmed nothing to declare.so should I go about your recent suggesstion and declare it or should I not declare it as its not a criminal conviction?

"FPN is simply a fine that should be paid. If you got an FPN and you did not end up in court over it, then no need to worry and nothing to declare."

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Mursh1m wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:00 pm
Thanks Zimba

You had responded the below to one of the topic in the forum and had confirmed nothing to declare.so should I go about your recent suggesstion and declare it or should I not declare it as its not a criminal conviction?

"FPN is simply a fine that should be paid. If you got an FPN and you did not end up in court over it, then no need to worry and nothing to declare."
Declaring it or not has no effect. Do whatever you wish
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice