ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krish99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR for my spouse

Post by krish99 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi,

I wanted to check if my spouse(PBS Dependent) is eligible for ILR under a 5 year. I have already got ILR couple of months back.
But my spouse who has came to UK for first time on 5th June 2015 and from there couple of times she went out of UK and stayed for more than 180 days each time but after January 2018 she has not traveled out of uk.
So is she eligible to for ILR in this 10 March 2020?

Also she is in same Tier 2 dependent category and has not changed any other category.

Please could you guys advise me on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for my spouse

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:57 pm

I wanted to check if my spouse(PBS Dependent) is eligible for ILR under a 5 year. I have already got ILR couple of months back.
Presumably you got ILR based on 5 years PBS route and not 10 years long residence??
But my spouse who has came to UK for first time on 5th June 2015 and from there couple of times she went out of UK and stayed for more than 180 days each time
Irrelevant if her visas were issued before 11th January 2018.
She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before her initial visa ISSUE date. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krish99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for my spouse

Post by krish99 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:55 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply.
CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:57 pm
Presumably you got ILR based on 5 years PBS route and not 10 years long residence??
But my spouse who has came to UK for first time on 5th June 2015 and from there couple of times she went out of UK and stayed for more than 180 days each time
Irrelevant if her visas were issued before 11th January 2018.
She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before her initial visa ISSUE date. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Yes its under 5 years PBS route.

On march 2015 she got the visa stamped for the first time.
Again on November 2016 she got stamped again as I have changed the employer but everything under same Tier 2 General category(PBS) .
Again just 6 months back she got her Visa extended.

Hope she wont have any issues under 5 year PBS route?